My husband is asking for divorce what should I do?

My husband just sprung up divorce on me coincidentally after being in training (ARMY) , a week before he’s supposed to come back. It doesn’t look like we’re gonna be civil about it and he’s already told me hes talked to his commander and they’re on “his side”. Whatever that means…I am scared as both of our names are on the lease and I am pregnan twith our first child…i wanna move back home but dont know if i should or not?

466 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband is asking for divorce what should I do? - Mamas Uncut

Move home and get the divorce.

9 Likes

He doesn’t give a damn, SO if you’re staying for him… Don’t!!

Move home it will be good for you to be around family in this hard time

2 Likes

Him saying his commander is on his side is. Scare tactic. I’d pack up and have him come home to a empty home.

52 Likes

Move home. Why wouldn’t you? Don’t beg for a boy who’s obviously not in love with you and probably has someone else.

3 Likes

Thinking he is full of shit regarding the Commander

Go home!!! Your not army, he is. He’s trying to scare you

4 Likes

Take him for everything sounds like he was having an affair!! Go girl !!! X

8 Likes

Move before he comes home & take what you will need for a new place for you & your baby

5 Likes

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry you’re going through this! I cannot even imagine how you feel. You need support. You move back home with your family and let them help you with this new baby! Family is gonna be what gets you through this!

4 Likes

Go home as fast as u can.

1 Like

Leave !!! He’s not worth it . But don’t go home . Maybe start fresh , and new , and never look back ??

3 Likes

Get the divorce and move back home those things are material and you can rebuild! Don’t stay in something that is not going to be a good environment! Often time boot camp and AIT changes them! My husband has become a different person since going to ait and boot camp.

3 Likes

Girl…move home and stick it to him!

1 Like

Move home. It gets better, I promise :heart:

1 Like

say peace out, and live your life for you!!

1 Like

Pack up and have him come home to an empty house. It’s gonna be tough but you’ll pull through

2 Likes

You don’t really have a choice…

1 Like

Get the divorce, put him on child support.
Speak to command yourself. If needed

See if he cheated or not and if he cheated report that to command .

10 Likes

See what the government does to people. :broken_heart: This post is heart wrenching honey move home they messed his head up …you deserve better

1 Like

Pack up and move home. Give him the divorce. You and your baby are the family now.

3 Likes

Leave before he’s back

3 Likes

File spousal and child support before divorce to keep ur military benefits

29 Likes

Pack up and move back home

2 Likes

If you’re family back home is willing to help then leave! He will regret it one day putting you through this while your pregnant :pregnant_woman: but I wish you the best :ok_hand: :+1: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :relaxed: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Take care of your baby

1 Like

Leave before the baby comes, otherwise it may be hard to be able to move out of the state if baby is born there.

17 Likes

He probably cheated on you, you should investigate it further and use that against him and get spousal support

4 Likes

What an asshole. You are having your first child and he’s bailing on you. I would move as far away from the SOB as I could.

This is gunna be hard but don’t beg get all your ducks ina row & Go back home get with friends and family. If you need time he can’t just kick you out maybe you can work out something you can stay their since you are pregnant! ❤️‍🩹 Sending hugss xxx

2 Likes

Move before having the baby and he cant make you move back but if you have baby their he can make you live there for the whole kids life move now

11 Likes

Move back home and seek child support…build a life for you and your child

1 Like

Saying from experience. I was never married but after mine and my exes son was about 3 he all of a sudden tells me he doesn’t want to marry me. I tried to stick around I tried and I ended up going down a dark hole and met someone terrible. It’s been 6 or so years since that happened. I came back home jan of 2018 and me and my son are sooooo much better for it. It was hard stepping away from my son’s father because I was afraid he wouldn’t try to have a relationship with him. But trust me as soon as they initiate that I would cut losses and move back to your support system no matter what.

1 Like

Move before you have that baby and you are forced to stay!

1 Like

I’d move back home and nail him for everything he’s worth file for full custody and child support hope everything goes well for you momma

3 Likes

Get a lawyer now and find out your rights now and after bsby is born. If he wants to play hardball be prepared! And get home as soon as its legally wise to. Good luck!!

2 Likes

Fight. They can’t do anything. You have rights and don’t let him bully you into thinking otherwise. Get a lawyer now

3 Likes

I have been where you are. Of course they are on his side, that’s the only side they’ve heard. go home to your family and they will support you. Get back on your feet and live for your child.

1 Like

Move home, get the support you need xo.

Get out. And then start dealing with it. Let him come back to an empty house. But first you gotta get out.

Keep them benefits and go home!

1 Like

I say go and make the best of your situation. You do not want to stay where you are not wanted or loved appropriately. All that ugliness is going to pour on to your baby and trust me you don’t not want that.

1 Like

Don’t let them bully you.

2 Likes

Hello I’m a military spouse myself. The command is never on the soldiers side ever… the spouse is favored usually he is trying to scare you. Give him his divorce and live with your parents for the time being. Being pregnant and that will only cause stress to you and baby. Don’t forget to file for support for that baby and make sure you include he is military so baby will get free Healthcare. :blush: hope this helps

35 Likes

Leave and don’t look back.

2 Likes

Nope you are entitled to money…seek help through the base… and get an order for him to help financially with child and spousal support…he’s trying to scare you …if you were already living in the home before he left and y’all are married you don’t have to go anywhere…and your name is on the lease too.

8 Likes

Consult a family law attorney first, and stay close to your support system.

2 Likes

Sorry but the only reason a man or woman asks for a divorce “out of the blue” is because he’s already found someone else. My advice, move home, before the baby is born, start over with your child.

2 Likes

Move home and have him deal with the lease… he’s cheating at least to me it seems like it and I’m so sorry this is happening to you

Go home now hun
Don’t look back
While you are there he will try and bully and intimidate you.
Go back to your family hun.
You can’t talk to him again once you are set up and have protection and confidence

2 Likes

Men ,. Get. a. Lawyer. ,. Make. Sure. He. Pays. Child. Support. In. Writing ,Then. If. Your. Sure. Go. Home. Get. Your. Family. Support
I’m. Sorry,

3 Likes

Active duty army spouse here for way longer than I would’ve liked. He retires this year. If you need to message me privately please feel free.

Leave and get the divorce. Document and save threats and write down and keep track of correspondence. If you need to go home to regroup then do that. If not get a job if you don’t have one and get on your own feet. This sucks. The threatening way he says they’re on his side is concerning so I suggest you don’t meet him alone and that you be gone when he returns.

7 Likes

Go home now, before the baby is born.

7 Likes

Move home, be around people that love you, kick his butt to the curb and collect child support. Sounds like a douche for trying to scare you.

If he wants a divorce, give it to him. Make him keep your child on tricare and pay child support.

4 Likes

He sounds manipulative. Talk to your parents and Move back home! Talk to a lawyer. I’m sorry your going through this. Possibly cut off all contact. First text him and ask him things. Nothing is worth your mental health.

1 Like

He’s met someone. What a dirtbag. Sorry but take him for all he’s got

5 Likes

Go home and file for $$$$. You need all the positive feedback

1 Like

Move back home where you will have love and support. Make him file for the divorce. So he will have to pay for it.

1 Like

Don’t leave .You need to get an Attorney if he really is doing this. That is your home. If you leave he can get you for abandonment. Don’t do anything without asking an Attorney. You and your child deserve to have a home.

13 Likes

How about you be on your side and get the hell away from him now. You and your baby deserve so much better. He’ll regret his decision someday but that’s his problem. Go home where you’re loved. Good luck. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Yes, go home first and sort it out later.

Girl move home. That’s dirty as hell to do that. He’s already cooking something up from the sounds of it. Definitely get a lawyer once you get home.

1 Like

People who are in the military can get in trouble for adultery. He claims his Sarg or whoever is on his side is just bullshit because he thinks if he says that then you won’t call and contact them. Girl call in on his ass. Then pack your stuff go home and leave him wondering. Much love :heart: honey. I’m always here if you wanna talk. :heart:

I’d move and get a job where you dont need anything from him. If he wants to be a dad I’d let him tho. I wouldnt waste time arguing or worrying over it. Just do what you have to do.

2 Likes

I’d be packed up and gone before he even got home :v:t2::fu:t2:

5 Likes

The military does not take kindly to their members behaving that way. He’s likely full of it when he says he has their support. See if you can find a military wives group and ask for advice. Especially since you are pregnant. If you haven’t done anything to cause him to leave you (adultery or abuse, etc…) they usually view that as conduct unbecoming. It can ruin his military career. Especially if you have proof of wrongdoing on his part.

If you don’t want to ruin him, pack your bags and your baby, and find greener pastures.

You do not need the stress and BS of fighting him, and he doesn’t seem worth it.

11 Likes

Technically you can take his ass for everything because hes a pos thats cheating…

If you leave the home, you forfeit anything inside of it legally. I would talk with a lawyer before moving or doing anything

6 Likes

Don’t go to his command, you can call jag at the base you’re at and schedule and appt with them they will tell you what your options are. Then get a lawyer because jag can’t represent you and just move on and be happy.

3 Likes

Find out what it takes to take your name off the lease. Make sure you are not liable or legally responsible for anything else. Move back home! Especially if you have a support system. Document what goes on just in case you need it for court because who knows what he’s said to them. Don’t fall for the scare tactics or gas lighting. Give him what he wants so you can be free. You will most likely be able to attend divorce court by video. File the paperwork now and the baby can be addressed once it comes.

MOVE HOME !! Let him do his dirty deeds alone.

Get a lawyer and move back home! I was someone who stayed out of guilt and got stuck… move!

He’s saying they’re on his side to scare you, they aren’t. The fact you are married and pregnant looks bad on him for wanting someone else so he’s trying to trick you to leave so he can give a different story to everyone else. Resist. Let the truth be known and he will get hell for it.

4 Likes

I’d be gone before he got back.

Go home. He is showing you no consideration, so lose him and go where it is peaceful. You know your family cares and you will have more peace

1 Like

Clean out the bank account first, pay off a CC or 2 and move on our. Dirty but hey you won’t regret it

4 Likes

Move before the baby is born and grant him a divorce. Take all the baby items with you and leave while he’s gone. I feel if he already spoke with others about it prior to consulting you then he already moved on. I wouldn’t want to have to beg or force the man to stay. If he wants out, BYE !!! Don’t even stress over it either because any man that leaves a pregnant wife isn’t worth a dime. Many real men out there and in time you’ll find one.

1 Like

Hi home be in your side that’s bs of him I’d be gone before he got there

That is absolutely terrible :disappointed_relieved:. Prayers sent for you! Always remember that a real man doesn’t just ask for a divorce from his pregnant wife over the phone! You stay in that house & the landlord can remove him from the lease!

2 Likes

Don’t let him fool you… part of Army regulations are that he HAS to support his family financially. Do NOT agree to a divorce until you get a good attorney who is familiar with Military regulations.

12 Likes

I doubt his commander is on his side, if so I’d be surprised ! They usually don’t get involved unless they need to sign something to have money taken out of ck, for spousal /child support for people not wanting to do that! He’s IMO IS FEEDING YOU A LOT OF BULL, call his commander and ask who can help you at least go to mediation and figure out what happened then just go from there. Good luck, maybe it’s just cold feet becoming a dad

5 Likes

Stupid private. The command would not be on his side. But yes leave him.

3 Likes

If he wants a divorce get you an attorney and find out what your rights are he will have to maintain your lifestyle and they won’t make you leave your home with you being pregnant

6 Likes

Move home & regroup.

2 Likes

Not sure if army is like Navy but if he cheated he could be screwed with his command, if I were you get help from a army wife support group. And take him to the cleaners

3 Likes

So much bad advice.Sorry but she has rights.The judge want put you out of the house. Please get an Attorney to protect yourself.

1 Like

Go to JAG. They have a chart that shows rank and how much they are obligated to pay in spousal support. If he does not pay it go to IG . IG will open a investigation and contact his chain of command to force him to pay the amount . That is dependent on whether you guys live together.

3 Likes

Move back home and that’s just a scare tactic about his commander that doesn’t mean shit I’ve literally went through the same thing go back home and file first and save any messages he sends you and document everything, you’ll get through this it’ll be hard at first but you’ll feel so much better once you move on from that asshole

Take your name off of that lease first.

1 Like

Do not leave the home!!

Go home where you have support. Document EVERYTHING! I don’t know the legalities of a lease but at least you don’t own. Get a lawyer asap.

8 Likes

Before you do anything talk to a lawyer.

2 Likes

Give him a divorce. Move back home. He will have to pay child support and dr bills. He must be having a thing with someone else thats in the army. If im not mistaken they can get in trouble for that. I may be wrong though.

6 Likes

Do what’s best for you and your baby

2 Likes

Thank God you found out what kind of a man you married… His commander would not have gotten involved, he is trying to push you around!! You sound young… Sorry it ended this way…

4 Likes

Is the commander female lol

6 Likes