My husband refuses to give me his passwords: Thoughts?

Adults are that… an adult. Why do you demand to have access to his personal things? If you feel as though he would cheat, shouldn’t even be in a relationship. It’s weird to take away a partner’s privacy. There’s no actual good reason to want access besides being nosy.

3 Likes

Forget about who is right or wrong. He’s not gonna give you it so what is your next move :woman_shrugging:t5:?

4 Likes

Why would you want them. A relationship should be based on trust

While it can be him hiding something at the same time, it’s a bit possessive, I had that for 14 years, it’s not nice . Just cus you’re married or a couple doesn’t give you the right to demand for things like that. Also obviously no trust there If you’re wanting to inspect his social media .

He is right. Can he not have anything of his own? Stop being so insecure and grow up.

2 Likes

If u don’t trust him u shouldn’t be with him point blank period ! He deserves privacy. Trust him or move on

3 Likes

We don’t share passwords to anything. Hell, I don’t even know most of mine :rofl: if one of us starts asking for weird shit like that, it’s time to step out because there’s no trust. You want his passwords for a reason, he won’t give them for a reason.

Really it just depends on what type of person he is. :woman_shrugging: my husband knows my passwords, his fingerprints have always been in my phone. But he’s the same way. He has my location 24/7 cause I don’t have anything to hide (I sent it cause his buddy tried to say I was having an affair while he was work). If he doesn’t want to give it to you he don’t have too. But if your worried about him hiding something then he’s given you a reason too. I have all of my husband’s passwords because well he doesn’t like paying bills so I do all of that. It really just depends on yalls relationship.

1 Like

Have you asked him why he does not want you to have it? You said he refused but did he give a reason. A lot of people are private and while I understand being married maybe he wants to keep some stuff to his self.

My opinion is…If you don’t trust him and feel the need to have passwords it’s time to leave.
A relationship is built on trust not control.

If you trust him, you don’t need to be in his business. If he trusts you, he shouldn’t mind giving up his passwords. It’s a two way street.

I understand the need for passwords, to keep confidential info protected … but when you’re married, there are no secrets. If something were to happen to one or the other of you, you each need to know you have access to each other’s “stuff” … whether it’s files on your home computer or your phones … for legal reasons.

If you’re generally very open & honest with each other (as every partnership should be) then it could be as simple as him feeling like you’re accusing him of something inappropriate… or it could be that he has something to hide.

Most married men I’ve known, like the idea of having some little part of their life to their own … some have hobbies (some like to golf with their buddies, some like to have a poker night, some go bowling on a team) … and some just like to know that they have one little thing to themselves that they don’t have to share or justify or explain to anyone.

It doesn’t mean he’s cheating. When you make a big deal about him not wanting to share his passwords, that’s exactly what he thinks you’re accusing him of doing … and whether it’s true or not, of course he is going to be defensive.

If you don’t trust him enough to not cheat, then you have bigger problems in your relationship than just passwords not being shared.

If he’s never given you a reason to distrust him, there’s no reason for him to give you his password or for the distrust? It goes both ways. If he gives you his password, you have to give him yours.
Now If he has given you a reason to not trust him, still stand by both of you giving each other’s passwords to the other and having having a serious talk about for to move forward with or without each other.

I don’t have my husband’s passwords to anything. If I feel the need to look, I ask him to log in and hand to me. It’s called trust.

You’re wrong why should he give you his passwords? You just said you have no reason to want them you don’t plan on checking anything so why do you need them? You sound like you have jealousy and control issues.

1 Like

If he’s lied or cheated in the past, then transparency is key. If he hasn’t, then he’s hiding something if he won’t give to you.

2 Likes

Me and my husband knows the passwords to almost everything and we both had our issues and the trust has been broken on both sides but unless one of us is having a gut feeling that something isn’t right then we investigate it and yea it’s usually right but once it’s in the open we fix it and if we feel everything is ok we just go on with our day

Do people not understand as individuals some people actually like and need PERSONAL SPACE!?!?!:woman_facepalming: just because you’re wifey doesn’t mean shit :joy::ok_hand: grow up and get over yourself.

Depends on the person really. For some this feels like a violation of privacy, regardless of any wrongdoing. My husband and I don’t care and know each other’s passwords but it’s mostly so I can handle some house management activities. Like if he needs me to move money from one account to the other so he can use his particular card because maybe he left the other card on the counter. He works outside in low reception areas so it’s much easier for me to take care of that for him. Other times it’s because some important email only went to him and I need to address whatever it is. These sorts of things where it’s just more convenient.

But I’ve never needed to get on his Facebook before.

Mind your business. I don’t have the my husbands passwords and he doesn’t have mine. IT’S CALLED TRUST! :woman_shrugging:t2:

I generally know passwords my husband likes to use but I woukd never specifically ask because yikes

Are you a 5-year-old that thinks you deserve to have the password? Are you that insecure with yourself. You sound ridiculous to be honest. I hope he leaves because personally I don’t think any human being should have to deal with that.

Mine wouldn’t and he was doing exactly what I thought he was. :cry:

2 Likes

l get paid over $130 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17741 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.
M0re Info.https://DollarProfitz12.pages.dev/

I would bash his phone​:tipping_hand_woman::rofl: but I’m a little crazy. No seriously, me and my husband have been married for 23 years and we’ve never had passwords on our phones and our Facebook password is the same so we didn’t forget it lmao. Some days we switch phones if one of ours is dead and the other has to leave. He sounds like he has something to hide to me

4 Likes

You do want to check…why else would you have asked?

2 Likes

He’s right. You’re wrong. Every individual has a right to privacy at the levels they choose.

3 Likes

Hahaha What’s funny is that most of the people that have responded, would tell you that you’re not entitled to have secrets from your spouse and are saying he should be able to keep secrets from you. Double standard. Change all of your passwords and tell him that it’s none of his business.

3 Likes

In a relationship why is there privacy on social media accounts. If he has nothing to hide he wouldnt care to give it vise versa. I cant beleive most say noyb your wrong to ask. His yoir life partner not someone down tje road. If you have a problem sharing with your partner then you must be doing something to jeopardise your relationship. We dont have passwords and use both phones if needed.

4 Likes

We don’t have to share everything in a marriage. If he’s given you a reason not to trust him then yeah sure, but otherwise no.

1 Like

I have mines password and. He has mine if you have nothing to hide you don’t care

Sounds like there is really a good foundation of trust. What my wife does on her phone is her business period and vice versa. Neither of us hide anything anyways but it really doesn’t concern me about every little conversation etc I trust my wife.

1 Like

I would hate someone doing that to me. If there’s no privacy and trust, there’s no relationship.

1 Like

You’re right. I had it all & I wouldn’t accept anything else! :woman_shrugging:t5: privacy in a serious relationship?… I believe in transparency… I never have anything to hide or withhold if im with you you are my best friend partner family etc

2 Likes

My husband and I share passwords. We have nothing to hide. It’s called being open and honest

4 Likes

My phone is locked. My passwords are mine and mine alone. His phone is locked and his passwords are his and his alone. Either I trust him or I don’t. And if I don’t I walk. No need to go through his phone at that point.

7 Likes

Why else would you need the passwords? Lol I don’t know half of my husband’s passwords, and vice versa.

2 Likes

If you don’t want to check his stuff, why do you want his passwords? I feel like being open and honest is a choice, however, I know too many people that abuse having access to their partner’s information. They snoop, they actively LOOK for faults in their partners. Here’s the thing, if you’re concerned about being able to access his accounts in the event of the unthinkable, have him write his passwords down, place them in a safe place in a sealed package somewhere that should the unthinkable happen you can gain access. HOWEVER, if it’s a trust issue on your part, if you think having his passwords will make you trust him, you’re wrong. And if you are with someone you can’t trust, Leave.

2 Likes

Nope major red flag…. Me and my husband both have COMPLETE FULL ACCESS to each other’s phones and all social media

My wife knows all my passwords but there are some that I can’t even remember which ones they r but she always has access to my phone which gets into anything I have without the need of a password every once and a while she will use my phone and prob looks at stuff Idc because I have nothing to hide I look at hers whenever I want as well and know all her passwords

4 Likes

I mean…. My spouse and I have each other’s passwords to our phones. Other passwords I don’t know and neither do they. I don’t go through their phone and they don’t through mine. But if the phone is needed they have full access. I don’t have email passwords and things like that but o also haven’t asked. I’m sure if I did they wouldn’t hesitate but I’m sure they would wonder why I needed it. I feel like if they refuse them it’s a red flag, if you don’t have it just because it hasn’t been something that came up then there isn’t an issue

1 Like

The idea we need to share EVERY part of ourselves with our partner is so toxic. Plus who wants to feel like they’re being watched all the time?

7 Likes

Why do you need to know them?
That’s the real question here.

If you trust him like you say, then there shouldn’t be a need to know his passwords.

4 Likes

If you don’t want to check it, if you trust him then why do you need it? I’ve been with my partner 4 years, have a child and soon married and we don’t have each other’s passwords etc. never used each other’s phones either. In past relationships I used to have all their details and felt that was trust but since realised what I have now is real trust.

If you as his wife ask your husband for his password and he doesn’t give it freely then he is probably hiding something!! He should trust you with it and you should be able to trust him. He’s wrong and also about 95 % of the people who commented here

9 Likes

There isn’t a right here. He shouldn’t need to hide things from you but you don’t trust him. Either way it’s not a mutually healthy relationship

1 Like

It’s not secretive why do y’all have to know absolutely everything. Jesus. I’ve never asked for passwords to any of my fiancés things. Y’all just wanna be nosey. :woman_facepalming:t2:

I don’t know my fb password :confused:

Yall both are suspicious. But tbh some people like their privacy but there’s absolutely no reason for you to have passwords to any of that!!!

His hiding something :grimacing:

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to find a new man.
Not because he’s in the wrong, but obviously because you don’t trust him. He isn’t obligated to give you his passwords just because you’re in a relationship.

2 Likes

I want to appreciate you by sharing the good news to the world I made it out for the very first time with Mrs Angelina Wilson

:point_down::point_down:

A man with nothing to hide will give you those passwords. I’d tell him to take those passwords and the marriage and shove them up his ass. But that’s just me. :woman_shrugging:

His privacy is his. If he doesn’t want you to have it that’s his right. I would just let him know you do respect his privacy and it’s fine to not share passwords but it kinda makes you worry he’s hiding something so ask him not to prove that feeling right someday. And then try to forget about it.

I don’t have my man’s passwords lol. If he wants to ruin something good then that’s shitty for him

You need to have trust, or atleast try to build some lol
Or there’s no point in a relationship.

1 Like

There should be no secrets period

2 Likes

We have the same password on our phones and can look at whatever we want on one anothers.

He is absolutely RIGHT!!! He is entitled to have some privacy

3 Likes

He’s hiding something, maybe the first time you asked him he felt a bit annoyed that you asked, but Why Not let you look if it puts your mind at rest
Its him coming out and actually saying no that’ll actually get at you, and the wandering why Xx

Why do u need it? Is he untrustworthy?

1 Like

Yes, yes you are being dramatic, insecure, nosey and controlling. Like damn, he is grown he is allowed to a little privacy crazy girl

I have my bfs phone passcode but never once have picked up his phone other than when he asked me to look something up. If you feel the NEED to have it, then you’re clearly looking to snoop. Be careful what you wish for, 9/10 times there will be something you decide you don’t like and it will cause issues.

I don’t know what my husband’s phone code is but if I asked him, he would tell me. He doesn’t know what my phone code is either. If he asks, I will give it to him. It is a matter of trust. Is there more to why you want his passwords?

2 Likes

Not good. I mean it’s kind of weird for you to ask for it but if he doesn’t give it to you, that’d a bad sign.

I tell people my password without hesitation… or enter it in front of them because I have absolutely nothing to hide.

Jesus. Grow up. The man deserves some privacy in life.

Why do u want his passwords if u don’t want to check it lol, you sound toxic bc obviously he hasn’t gave u a reason or u would have started with that reason.

If you dont want to check it then why did u ask for it to start with and came here crying about it

I know my husband’s password and he mine. We don’t go through eachothers phone. I respect his privacy and he mine. There is no reason not to tell your spouse your password in a secure trusting relationship.

Your wrong. No one has a right to passwords if the other person doesn’t consent. It’s controlling and toxic. As for the phone it depends on the conversation and what is agreed.

Why isn’t your husband entitled to some privacy?

On another note, I hope my husband knows my phone password seeing as it’s our wedding date :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Why should you have his password .it’s his phone .he must feel like you don’t trust him I think u have the problem not him .

WTF is wrong with you.

2 Likes

That’s called his own personal space jeez some ppl :roll_eyes: if u can’t trust ur partner then u shouldn’t be in any relationship period

Why is he logging out ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Trust your gut, it is usually right. Why is he hiding it? I think you know :smirk:

1 Like

As a sign of appreciation, I had to post this here so that you too can benefit, as I was referring to Ms. AnnikaMikael, I have no regrets and have made several withdrawals from her platform. Details>> Amelia Wilson

I know all my husbands have passwords and he knows all of mine. When you are married there shouldn’t be no secrets. I feel married couples should share all that with their spouse because God forbid something happened to one the other can get in and get pictures. I work as a manager for Apple and you wouldn’t believe the calls we get where a spouse passed away and they didn’t have the password. You need a court order at that point.

1 Like

Yep I know my partners, only because I set it up for him, he doesn’t know all mine, only that I have had to change them😊

Both of you are wrong. He should definitely not have to give it you but the fact that he flat out won’t is super weird. Doesn’t sound like a healthy relationship to me….

1 Like

My girlfriend thinks I don’t respect her right to privacy. She didn’t tell me this, I found out by reading about it in her diary! :notebook_with_decorative_cover:

What’s the real reason you want them?
You don’t just ask out of the blue.
My husband and I use the same passwords so I don’t have to ask but I wouldn’t be bothered to ask. I either trust him or I don’t.

Your right.hes hiding something from you.

1 Like

Do the same thing. Don’t give in. Don’t let him have access to your phone. I bet he’ll change his mind. :wink:

Yikes.
The ONLY time I asked my (ex) partner to see his phone is when I thought he was cheating and I brought it up to him and he offered to show me his phone. Update: he then immediately refused to show me his phone, was cheating and did get the other woman pregnant. :grimacing:
However, not a single partner since him has asked to know my password and I haven’t asked to know theirs.
Even though he is your husband, it doesn’t automatically give you the right to have access to have everything of his…it doesn’t mean he’s being secretive.
If you don’t trust him, and he’s hiding shit, AND he gave you his password, the only thing that’s going to change is he’s going to get better at hiding things.

My husband and I do not have any of each other’s passwords, BUT we made a rule when the other ask, they are allowed. Boundaries and respect.

1 Like

Phone password, sure. But personal account password :woozy_face: what?! Like I’m sure if my fiancé asked me for it I’d give it to him no doubt, but for what? Wanna check my messages, sure here’s my phone. But this is my accounts, my password.

You’re wrong. People deserve space and privacy.
If you don’t want to check it then it shouldn’t matter. You don’t need it

Obviously he’d give it to you if he wanted you to have it