My husband refuses to give me his passwords: Thoughts?

I need to know if I am being dramatic or not about this…my husband refuses to give me the password to his phone of his facebook…its not that I want to check it but at the same time why is he being so secretive? who is right?

62 Likes

I think that’s secretive. Change all your passwords if you want to be petty. I don’t know why he wouldn’t share them with you. Has he known to cheat in past relationships?

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband refuses to give me his passwords: Thoughts?

I wouldn’t give my partner my passwords either!! It’s a respect thing. If you don’t trust him, leave. His phone and social media are HIS. wow.

3 Likes

Lol. Wow. Maybe y’all need to divorce. This is so childish.

1 Like

Phone PW is sus asf. Fb pw isnt

Not your account so it’s not your business!!

4 Likes

Do you feel like he’s hiding something?
I have my hubby’s and he has mine…

1 Like

You probably shouldn’t be married

1 Like

You are both wrong. He’s clearly got something to hide and you clearly don’t trust him

5 Likes

Trust your partner. If not then what is the point? I wouldn’t ever ask for personal passwords. Or give mine either. No need

2 Likes

Idk that’s a fine line. Why do you want it? Then again it’s weird he won’t give you the password for the phone. We all have each other’s passwords for the phones in my house in case something happens. Well I have my husbands and child’s and he has hers and mine. Plus we use each other’s phones all the time. So it’s never been a “give me the password” situation. Did he give a reason? I mean privacy still does exist in marriage. It’s odd perhaps but I need more lol why do you want it and what’s his reason for not giving it?

2 Likes

I don’t have my husbands passwords to either… But I know if I wanted them he would give them to me. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’d never ask. Either you trust him or don’t. Lack of trust is a problem in any relationship.

1 Like

Umm why do you need his passwords? Do you not trust him?

2 Likes

He’s right. You don’t need to see every aspect of his life. He’s allowed privacy too.

6 Likes

No one is being secretive… It’s a matter of respect & trust. I have 0 passwords for any of my husband’s things & he has 0 of mine. You’re trying to go into his phone & account or else you wouldn’t be taking it way too far as to post this on here.:woman_shrugging:t2:

10 Likes

If you have any sort of suspicions and y’all are married…he’s not the one for you

2 Likes

I’m gonna go with dramatic. You obviously do want to check up on him if you are wanting his passwords. AND, like I always say on these posts, we don’t know your situation, how did you ask him for it? Did you demand and accuse him of hiding something? What is your reasons for wanting his passwords? It sounds a little childish to me. I would never ask my man for his passwords, but we both know that we have nothing to hide, and if we were ever on each others phones we wouldn’t find anything. That is HIS privacy and HIS stuff, if you do not trust him or think he’s hiding something you need to re-evaluate your relationship.

5 Likes

I should also add my husband sucks with PWs lol so I have all of his. He’s the write it down and lose the paper type. But he gave them freely. I never felt the need to ask for them. Idk that’s just me.

Why else would you be buggin’ about his password(s) if not to snoop through his stuff? Take it however you like but some people like their privacy and space, and even married people are still entitled to it.

3 Likes

You should trust him…. Thats his personal stuff, he still deserves some privacy

2 Likes

Why would you even ask. I’d be annoyed too. Why do you even want them if you trust him?

Stop it.

Probably time to exit stage left. To hell with him and his passwords :laughing:

1 Like

nope… my phone needs 2 types of passwords to get into it cuz its mine & I have everything on my phone from banking, calendar, shopping etc…

1 Like

Yikes. Toxic. His phone is not your business. If there is no trust, why are you in a relationship with him?

1 Like

Why do you need his password ?

I know my boyfriends phone password but that’s in case of emergency. I have my own phone so I’d only need to use it if it’s left in my possession and I didn’t have access to my own. Reversed, he’s also got my phone password. He doesn’t use social media, and mine is limited so I’m not worried about him seeing / talking to anyone else. I don’t feel it’s secretive though, that’s his accounts and personal item. Unless he’s gone for odd hours, sneaking out, not informing you of his whereabouts, not being forthcoming about who he intends on being around. Those would be red flags that I’d consider secretive.

I have been with mine for 3 years and not once have I asked for passwords, if he gonna cheat he gonna do it. Not even putting gps on his balls is gonna stop him. So nah I’m good and he don’t even have my passwords

Wtf… So you’re saying your husband doesn’t have a right to his own privacy? Yikes.
I don’t have my husband’s password and he doesn’t have mine. We don’t feel the need to check on each other because we trust each other. If you don’t trust him why are you with him? And if you do trust him then why do you need his passwords?

If you can’t trust him, why are you together? I have been with my boyfriend for almost 9 years and I don’t check his Facebook or phone. I trust him and know who he comes home to at night. I believe he has the right to have privacy and doesn’t have to show me everything.

1 Like

Why do you need his passwords if you don’t want to check it?? :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t know my husband’s passwords either. He streams so he is on all sorts of platforms and I have never even thought to ask. I guess I just trust him lol
He doesn’t have my passwords either though and has never asked. As for my phone he knows the password because if he forgets his phone sometimes he uses mine. Even my kids know my phone password :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Why are you being that needy to need his password. Ask to see his phone if you wanna go threw it.

No one needs to know My personal passwords

2 Likes

So my fiancee and I both know each others passwords but we also respect each other’s privacy. It’s important to have access to the phone because it’s where all the medical info is going to be… I know in our situation (which may be much different then yours) I’m sick… alot. So it’s important to have easy access to what records are just in case something happens away from our home base hospital. I also trust him so it’s not an issue for him to go through my phone or for me to go through his… just because it’s such a personal device it’s important to know where these things live.

2 Likes

I don’t know my husband’s passwords except for the password to get on his phone

no one knows MY passwords and i certainly dont ask for my boyfriends… the pin for his debit card though… i know that :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I don’t even have nor ask for my boyfriend passwords. It’s none of my business besides I trust him.

1 Like

We don’t even have passwords on our phones :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I have been married for 8 years and don’t even know some of my husbands bank accounts. Never have known a password. I’m just not worried about him cheating. I think if you need the passwords maybe there is a bigger trust issue that needs to be addressed.

3 Likes

I don’t give no password to anybody. That’s mine…

1 Like

The question is why do you need it lol? Yikes. He’s allowed privacy.

1 Like

I’m wondering why you need the passwords if you’re not planning to check his phone or his FB? I’m also wondering why he refuses to give you his passwords if he has nothing to hide.

What I’m wondering most of all is why the two of you are even married when there is obviously no trust in your marriage…

1 Like

I have my bfs pw to everything lol but i dont check it cause i trust him :grin: dont assume hes hiding something… just cause he doesn’t wanna give it to u

1 Like

Don’t go looking for something you might not be able to handle. Leave it alone.

4 Likes

It’s not a matter of trust. I don’t have a password neither does my husband. My adult son does I know it however I would never go into his unless he tells me to look for something and that is all I look for. I have nothing to hide. He doesn’t and neither do I need to read out children’s conversations Nor my friends. Everything they tell me he doesn’t need to read and neither do I. It has nothing to do with trust or cheating or anything like that.

1 Like

Why would you even need his passwords if you don’t plan to look? Sure him not giving them to you could be a red flag but it could also just be an adult having boundaries, he’s still his own person.

4 Likes

Unfortunately unless you suspect your other half is cheating etx then you’ve no need of his passwords etx he is entitled to his own privacy etc and doesn’t have to pass over his passwords if he dont want to or you need a reason to have it

3 Likes

Why do you need to know?
Nobody has my password. Juat because you’re married doesn’t mean you need to have access to everything. Hes still an individual with his own identity.

8 Likes

Nope. He doesn’t need to give you shit. Your married not his momma.

Me and my husband have each other’s passwords for our phones, but we don’t look at them, it’s just in case.

Facebook passwords a little much. Phone password that shouldn’t be a big deal. Lol 

Y’all some privacy invading broads :joy:
If you don’t trust him read his phone through the reflection in his eyeballs like every other not sane person :woozy_face:
Btw crazy lady’s if you look at his prints on his screen you can most likely get his password yw :wink:

4 Likes

Sharing doesn’t mean ur looking for something but not bring able to even get a phone password :grimacing:

What’s the point of you having them?

1 Like

If you are uncomfortable then you have a right to be. Trust your instincts. Stay at Home Moms :fire:

1 Like

I was going to say that if it’s your boyfriend,it’s once thing not to have each other’s passwords…but if your married and he can’t give you his password or maybe even log into Facebook an show you what’s in his emails, then something is up…
But it looks like everyone that’s married that commented on this thread doesn’t have their husbands passwords either😆

1 Like

I think it’s weird he wouldn’t give them to you. Idk I really don’t like that sneaky stuff. I would have a reason to look at the messages or want access to the account and have complete trust in my partner. Secret messages would be the last thing on my mind. But as soon as they say they won’t show me, now I don’t trust you. It makes me believe you’re hiding something. If I were in a relationship, they could look at my phone, messages, whatever because there’s nothing there I would be hiding so what’s the big deal? I can guarantee if all partners looked at each other’s phones, there’d be a lot of people all of a sudden being single.

1 Like

They are married. He should give the passwords. Otherwise, he shouldn’t be married.

1 Like

If we aren’t sharing passwords we aren’t sharing a home a bed or a life. My husband and I are very open with each other and we both like it that way. There are no questions or concerns. We both have friends of the opposite sex but there’s nothing to hide. bf/gf cool keep your privacy… but marriage is different.

1 Like

If neither of you have anything to hide then trade phones for 24 hours. Don’t plan it ahead of time. Just do it on the spur of the moment on a Saturday morning.

It’s not yours. Its called boundaries.

5 Likes

I have my hubby’s password and location and he has mine too! It’s not to keep tabs or control it’s for our safety and protection!

1 Like

You sound controlling which is pretty toxic… he does have some right to his own privacy. If you don’t trust him then leave :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

We also use one another’s phones a lot lol when the others is dead

If you trust him you don’t need them

1 Like

You don’t want to check it but you need his password?

1 Like

Me and my hubby both know each others passwords. Not to use them but to prove we have nothing to hide. And we don’t lock our phones. If he had a phone lock and refused to tell me if I asked him I would think that was really sus and same for him. Everyone always says privacy this and that but what does the average married person really need to hide for privacies sake on their phone? That’s absurd to me. Yeah you need privacy on your phone when you’re doing something you know would bother your spouse or know they would be hurt or mad about. If you really have nothing to hide you hide Nothing including phone passwords. If your spouse is feeling insecure or has actual concerns about something, its really simple to give them the password. If you love your spouse and want them to feel secure, and you are not hiding anything, you would give them the code not be refusing and making them more worried.

Question is why she wants the fb password to begin with if it’s not too spy? The phone I understand though

1 Like

What the hell you need it for? People have no problem invading another person 's privacy these days.

4 Likes

I know my man’s passwords to everything his social his PIN number to his cards he lets me go through his phone if I want to he sends me his location when he gets to work so I know he made it safely there is nothing I don’t know when it comes to my man

1 Like

What is the purpose of you having it?
Why do you feel it is acceptable to invite his privacy? Or worse, treat him like a child by “checking up on his activity”

4 Likes

Y’all are saying u should trust him but why don’t he trust her enough with it

Especially when they are married my man and I have been together almost 2 years (next month is 2 years) he has trusted me with everything since the beginning

Mine always tells me so I can write it down in case he forgets

1 Like

I didn’t know my husbands password to his phone until the other day when he asked me to get into it. I was never concerned :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I can tell you this, my husband just passed away and if I had not had all of his passwords and private information I wouldn’t have been able to get anything done!! Try taking care of any business in today’s world without access and see how far you get! He had all of mine and I had all of his, thank God! That being said, we trusted each other and didn’t go looking through each other’s phones or laptops. There was no need. I completely trusted him, and vice versa. But I thank God we had enough forethought and trust in each other to plan for the unexpected and try to make things easier for the one left behind.

4 Likes

I dont know like I think it could be q weird thing but at the same time I’m a private person
If my man wants to look at my stuff I’ll give him my phone in a heart beat nothing to hide but with that being said I dont belive I should have to give out my passwords to anyone :slight_smile: no matter if I’m married or not .
Even though I’m married I feel that I shouldn5 have to share every single aspect of my life if I choose not to .
But the the need to want to have the passwords also says controlling and insecure . Access to the item phone . Lap top computer sure .
Password I think is a no go for me unless I make that choice to share that private info . Access yes password no .
But to each there own I feel some things take away from me as an individual, as my own person .
Married or in a relationship you should still have a sense or individuality.
My boyfriend knows most of my passwords and tbh I dont wsnt to know his. :woman_shrugging: cause well I trust and love him an I know he wont do anything to hurt me the way others have took a while to get to that level .
As for u dpnt want to check on him yep u do or it wouldnt be a thought and u wouldnt care .
Now if he says u cant use his phone or through his stuff cause u feeling a little insecure that when I’d worry

If you want to know where he’s been when he’s off your “leash” sniff his butt like dogs do, dont give him your password and dont expect his

I don’t know the passwords to most of my husbands stuff, but his phone. I only have that in case something happens to him I can get in to it. If I need all his info then that’s not trust. He has my password to my phone and my computer that’s it. And that’s for same reasons. We have trust.

Ehhhhhhhh…really??? My boyfriend doesn’t even have a password to his phone and he stays signed into Facebook on his phone. He’s very self conscious about his English skills and will have me go into his phone to respond to people he is either trying to buy something from or sell something to when they are native English speakers, like dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, car parts and so on. He also has me handle emails and text messages for him if they are his own personal clients he does landscaping for. He has given me his password for his work phone as well because sometimes clients he is doing jobs for work text him with questions or issues they find and again…if they are native English speakers he has me communicate with them for him. Flip side, I have a password on my phone because I have apps that give access to confidential information associated with my job. I sign out of them, but as a safety measure…the phone has a password lock. Even so I stay signed into Facebook. He has my phone password in case I need him to get into my phone for something. We even show each other personal messages from friends and family at times. Like…hey…am I just in a bad place e with bad energy and taking this wrong or…We tell each other everything anyway. Not like we will find anything on each other’s phones we don’t already know about :woman_shrugging: There are cases like me and my boyfriend where phones have sensitive information or access to sensitive information for work that needs to be protected. The other reasons is that someone has something to hide or they are with someone who is far too nosey for the wrong reasons such as trying to find something to twist and cause drama and/or they are very controlling and manipulative and abusive and will twist and use anything they can to cause trouble, fuel their fire behind their abuse and alienate their victims. You gotta decide which category you fit into and I’m getting the vibe it’s closer to the last scenario I mentioned…just based on you not stating there is any evidence that this would be more someone hiding anything and not mentioning his phone being connected to work…

It’s definitely both. You wanting to check it and him hiding it is a problem.

1 Like

I feel like you may be insecure and want to do some digging around. It’s not the way to go. Trust in your partner. My opinion is he’s right. You don’t need his password to his facebook.

He doesn’t owe you anything. Being married doesn’t mean you have rights to passwords and such. Doesn’t mean his cheating or anything

Idk this is an invasion of privacy… if you don’t trust your man to have his own phone then maybe there are other issues at play that need to be addressed… whether that’s his actions or your own insecurities… have the convo and address the real issues and don’t force him to give you anything because you aren’t entitled to any if it

4 Likes

He’s definitely hiding something a man that wouldn’t would happily give you access

3 Likes

I see it as in a healthy relationship you should both have enough trust in each other that you don’t feel the need to go through your partners phone, but I feel if you have nothing to hide then what is the problem with them knowing? My ex husband was very secretive with his phone and never let me even hold it (you guessed it…he was cheating) My new partner and I have been together almost 4 years now and we know eachothers passwords for our phones and there is nothing to hide.

1 Like

Because it’s his. Not everything needs to be shared

1 Like

I have access to everything on my husband’s phone and same for him with mine. I’d also be concerned if he refused to give it to me. I may not even use it but the fact that it’s a big deal to give to me would definitely make me think something is shady

2 Likes

Why do you want to know if you don’t plan on checking it?

1 Like

He is. Wtf. Why do u need them.

1 Like

If someone doesn’t allow you in their phone, there is a reason. And it is usually cheating. Trust me, I know first hand!

7 Likes

He’s hiding something if he’s getting upset🤷‍♀️

1 Like

He’s hiding something

1 Like

From experience he might be hiding something! But at the same time. It could just be That he feels likes you should trust him. My boyfriend has access to my phone and Facebook Since he doesn’t have it, he will Go on there and talk to friends and family. And I have access to his for all our credit card information since I didn’t want the App on my phone.

I don’t have passwords on fb and my wife knows my other ones

He is right why do u need his passwords that’s so messed up

2 Likes

I have password on my phone cause I have little hands that like to touch my phone. One made a call to God knows where and it cost me alot.

3 Likes

He is hiding something. Me and my husband have no phone tension. We don’t have passwords. If he wants to borrow my phone for whatever he gets it or I hand it to him, vice versa. My husband’s SIMS card missed up a couple weeks ago. It had no service. He took my phone to work, and I kept his, and we just messaged through fb.

1 Like

I feel like if he knows your phone password than you should know his, but Facebook?.. I don’t really think you need that, even if you did want to creep his phone if you had his phone password you’d be able togo through his entire phone including fb messenger and stuff…