My husband said we needed to separate, then had a new girlfriend a week later: Advice?

It sounds like you could use some counseling, to help with PPD. He was already seeing this girl before you guys split. Hes just making excuses to leave and be with her.

14 Likes

Sounds like a nightmare move on

I mean first off let’s not jump into marriage after 6 months of knowing someone :woman_shrugging:t4:

10 Likes

Well neither of you seem happy especially If you went looking for attention, even if it wasn’t romantic or sexual, and him asking to separate. Just split/divorce and move on. You’re both in the wrong and don’t need to drag each other down any more. Just end it and walk away.

4 Likes

While it’s not impossible, it’s extremely unusual to magically go find a new partner immediately after a break up. I suspect his girlfriend was around before the split. You both messed up, if he’s clean and sober, try counseling. If he can’t get himself together, you can’t save him and it’s best to let him go.

2 Likes

He was probably cheatin

1 Like

Had a girlfriend a week later.

No honey. He’s had that girlfriend for longer than that. Willing to put money on it.

19 Likes

Take it as a loss and move on

That is toxic and you both should find better

4 Likes

That’s why people shouldn’t marry that fast y’all want a WEDDING and not a MARRIAGE.

10 Likes

He was def cheating… Or planned this break up for a while. But yall both sound better apart.

1 Like

Let him go… Make yourself happy.

2 Likes

You started the process unfourtenetly. How you feel is probably how he felt when you e.otionally cheated first. So honestly idk what advice to give other than you cant have yoir cake and eat it too. If he was a dick should have left.

3 Likes

More than likely he left to be with her and is just turning it around on you. Chances are he’s been cheating with her before hand. It will hurt and will be hard but let him go, you and your kids will be way better off for it.

4 Likes

The only thing to think about is ur kids. Don’t worry about thinking about another man. That will come when it’s supposed to. Put all ur energy into ur kids. Ur husband sounds pretty mean and it sounds like the relationship was toxic. I don’t think it’s worth forcing. Obviously it’s ur choice but I have been there and I think ur wasting ur time when u could be focusing on ur future with ur children. I wish u the best and hope it all works out for the better. Try to stay positive so u can hav a healthy pregnancy as well. Best of luck. Have a happy healthy thanksgiving and Christmas.

2 Likes

I’d suggest you seek individual counseling. If he’s with someone a week later, it sounds like she has been around for a while. If he’s not willing to work things out, there’s no reason to try to force it and you being upset about his moving on will only torture you and your children. Again, seek therapy, if you need it. Your mental health is far more important than saving, what appears to be, a toxic relationship. Not all are worth saving.

2 Likes

You had a emotional affair with another man. It ruined your marriage time to move on

4 Likes

Marriage issues are never resolved by bringing in a third person. Even though he was just a friend, your husband didn’t approve, you were already having issues. Maybe it is time to move on, neither one of you will probably ever trust the other.

2 Likes

Ya def have more then communication issues at this point…

I’m so sorry you have to go through this. Your pregnant so all your hypertension and sadness is not good for the baby. Please don’t think I’m being mean when I write this. He has been seeing her before y’all separated and has a problem with drugs. You deserve better. You have a beautiful family weather he’s in your life or not.:two_hearts::pray::two_hearts:

2 Likes

For all you saying she had an emotional affair because she discussed her feelings with a male, would you consider it the same if she was speaking with a female? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Sounds like you both caused the marriage to fall apart. You both screwed up. Sit down together and talk about how to move forward in a calm, not confrontational conversation. If you both want to work things out, you need to get help for your ppd and he needs to get into aa and you both need counseling together. If you guys don’t want to work things out, co parent like mature adults for the kids and move on. Good luck!

1 Like

You should have been communicating with your husband instead of another man… Did you forget you took the same vows he did. Cant be ok for you and not for him. I know you said you weren’t physically cheating but you were emotionally cheating which is no better. Sorry but you opened this can of worms, now you have to deal with it.

1 Like

I hate to say it, but chances are, that other girl has been around a lot longer than a week.

6 Likes

He had a girlfriend before he left you. Get counseling , work on yourself for you and your kids and count your blessings. Also, apply for sole custody and child support immediately

1 Like

It boils down to some pretty basic things. You both need help. He’s gotta work on sobriety and mental health issues and you need to make sure that your mental health is ok too. Nobody all of a sudden has a gf and when you use drugs typically there is always sack whores and side bitches. So whether you banged a million guys or no one else your guy has issues that you shouldn’t want to raise kids around. Right now focus on you getting ok and being a good mom to your kids. Suggest therapy and all that stuff but know he’s not going to DO anything he doesn’t want to do. You are going to have to decide what you want to do by yourself while he figures his shit out . Good luck I’ve been there.

Go to therapy yourself.

You’re not crazy for wanting to make things right but if he doesn’t then it doesn’t matter. Seek individual counseling and focus on yourself and your kids.

Okay so here’s where you and him went wrong, instead of having an open channel of communication and confiding in eachother, you confided in another man. You were obviously so wrapped up in what you needed you weren’t meeting his needs. I know some women who have stood their ground when their husband was cheating and they ended up working things out, one lady I know even has a son That was born when her husband was cheating. It may take years but it’s not impossible to get him back. I would pray for him if you have any faith, pray earnestly for him, he needs it!

1 Like

It sounds like you two are just toxic for each other.

2 Likes

He had a girlfriend a week later…no he had her the entire time!

3 Likes

I wouldnt be stickin round. He is drinks n is takes drugs. U domt need that round u or ur kids life. I would be leavin him as that is abuse. U n ur kids r better off without him. Things can get worse especially on the drugs. Ive been through it my self. He could get physcially can get volinet with u

I went through the drug scene with my soon to be ex-husband and you have no idea how happy I am to be divorcing him. I have a guy friend has been there for emotionally support too. It’s going to be hard at first but get away from him. I promise it will get easier.

Emotional cheating is no better than physical. By sharing your deep feelings with your male friend you emotionally cheated. So you can’t really throw stones at him for getting a girlfriend.

1 Like

You can do better. Just end it. It’s going to keep happening. Getting worse. Not fair for the kids. #facts

If he has a girlfriend a week after y’all separated. He’s been with her for awhile. Men or women just don’t have a new g/f or b/f so soon. Also when people leave they’ve been thinking about it for at least 6 months to a year. He’s also trying to blame you for all his problems when he has the problems. They always want to put the blame on you for their actions. They try to make out your the bad person. Best thing to do is let him go. Nothing will get better.

This guy sounds absolutely toxic. He is an addict. And he is suicidal. None of this your kids need to be around. And he has had the girlfriend for a while.

His girlfriend has been around much longer . If he attempted suicide he needs help and he’s blaming you for doing it and doing drugs. That’s his fault not yours . Also, you should probably seek counseling for yourselve and kids . If he doesn’t want to make it work but you do it’s not going to work. Move one and do what’s best for your kids. It also isn’t healthy for your kids to be in a emotionally unstable environment.

Sounds like he may have bipolar disorder. Has he sought out professional help? You should walk away until he does to save yourself further heartbreak and stress. Even if he seeks help now it will take months or years for his meds to really help.

You will do much better moving on and finding a man who will step up and be the man you need

Girl move on I didn’t even read the whole thing stopped when you said week later had a g\f naw playboi you’ve been had that bitch… Out his ass on child support and keep everything as evidence so you can have full custody since he party’s like he is 18…

He moved on. Everyone is going to tell you you moved too fast, if you got married after just 6 months. It takes time to get to know a person. Sounds to me like he is over the marriage and moved on. He might feel bad and the kids are now involved, so he’s telling you bs, but he’s done and already on to the next. Time to file for divorce, figure out how you’re going to make it work for you and the kids and start making plans and achieving them.

Girl same. Like really almost the same boat and I get it. Just keep on keeping on, it sucks but he doesn’t care about you or those kids and the sooner you come to terms with that the better. Don’t block him but don’t reach out to him, you won’t hear from him ever again. Go after child support right now because you will get it. For both the kids if you’re legally married. Than cry, scream, kick, yell, do whatever you need to but you have to move on. He’s not coming back and I just cannot stress this enough, HE DOESNT CARE!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you made a vow of fidelity too but you both broke that. Honestly, sounds toxic. He’s already gone so just let it go.

1 Like

He already had the girlfriend, go to therapy for yourself

1 Like

He would of got some one anyhow that’s what they do then try to blame it on u just get away from him he’s been screwing her for a while

It happens all the time so let him go

Kids isn’t going to keep him
YOUR love isn’t going to keep him
YOUR attention isn’t going to keep him
Let him be, his behind is the last thing you should worry about. You have a child and another one on the way!! He is on drugs and threatened to take the kids? What more Do You need to see y’all are no good for each other?

I sound harsh bc I lived it sis :ok_hand:
Get IT together :clap:

5 Likes

He sounds toxic. You’re better off without him

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this… obviously you.both are part of the issue. However you cannot force someone to want to heal the relationship. Nor would I personally want to with how he is leaving you and having a girlfriend. I think you should focus on you and your kids… it’s a.shame… sending love

3 Likes

First I’ll tell you any who does drugs always looks to blame someone else especially there spouse. I agree with everyone else that he had someone all along. If someone does drugs sex , cheating , manipulating , lying and stealing all usually come along with it. Don’t blame yourself for having postpartum depression, if he was a man and supportive he would of been there for you.

4 Likes

He obviously had the girlfriend “waiting in the wings”.
I’ll just say I’m sorry you and your family are going through this.

4 Likes

Next time don’t save him from his suicide

2 Likes

Get your self therapy. Let him go and move on. Do not do that to your children. He sounds like he’s not worried about you, your vows or your well being. You should stop worrying about that and work on yourself, get help for the postpartum

4 Likes

He’s moved on, in my opinion, he had her on the said before he even left you. He’ll probably come crawling back, but you need to be strong for you and your kids. Be done with him.

1 Like

Did you get custody papers you’d better!

1 Like

He has had that girlfriend for a while. He is showing you and telling you that he does not want to be with you. I understand you wanting to work it out, but at this point I think you need to let him go. You will be much better off in the end. And you dont need to even think about dating another man anytime soon. Dont worry about that. When you are ready, it will happen. For now worry about yourself and your children and start to build a new life.

1 Like

He sounds like a real winner. Get as much financial support from him as you can and get yourself ready to raise two babies on your own. The last thing you or your kids need in their life is a loser on drugs who obviously had a girlfriend on the side while still sleeping with you. Ew.

4 Likes

Wow, I thought getting engaged after 3 years was a rush - now 4 years and not even planning the wedding yet!
It’s obviously happened so quickly, he didn’t have a chance to know it wasn’t right for him. Now he realises and has moved on, time for you to do the same x

I think it’s gone too far, as hes clearly been seeing this woman for a while. However your kids will not call anyone else mum. You’re their only mum. I’ve got a step daughter and she would never call me mum. Shes already got one! I’m just her step mum and will do everything in my power to make her life perfect. But I’m livvy to her :heart:

2 Likes

Yes, talking to another man was a mistake.
BUT a: doing drugs was his choice. They will always blame you for that. Been there, done that.
B: he already had a girlfriend while you were together. Just try to rebuild your life and move on.

3 Likes

You need to go to counseling by yourself and see what the hell is wrong with YOU. See why you allow this man to treat you like garbage. This man does NOT want to be with you hun. How many different signs do you need. If you want to be happy you need to take your kids and move on.:woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

I dont have any advice but just wanted to say I am going thru something similar right now myself. He has custody of his 2 kids and I help raise them I have stepped up and took on the mom role and decision making for his kids because he just acts like he doesn’t care or knows what to do. Well just today he has text me while I am home with his kids and he is at work and told me that he thinks we should go our separate ways. We have been married 2 years and together 5. I have always felt like I beg for his attention and I am trying to remain strong for myself and tell him if he wants to be gone then go this is not the 1st time he has said this. We sometimes let men just makes us feel like we dont deserve better but we do. It’s right here at the holidays and I cant even be happy.

2 Likes

Yall both sound toxic to each other. May just be better and move on. And you have zero right to tell someone how they’re feeling or if they’re exaggerating or being extra, because they’re in those feelings for a reason. Too much stress will cause those feelings. Trying to make something work, when it’s not, is crazy and harmful to everyone, and that includes the kids.

1 Like

After everything you wrote, do you really wanna be married to that type of person?! Seriously, go back and read what you wrote.

4 Likes

Sounds to me like he’s been with her for some time behind your back. I think you need to get your kids file for custody and get out of there.

1 Like

Leave and get therapy!

4 Likes

Girl you need to get a life that son of a bitch doesn’t want you he wants to blame you stop taking his abuse do you think that he is the only one for you you’re wrong you don’t have to have anybody but he is a loser drug attic loser don’t you think you deserve more and your babies

No hun you didn’t fuck up he fucked up and does not deserve you

My advice is dont marry someone you’ve been with for such a short time. Doesnt sound like either of you are very comitted to your marriage. Move on, fix yourself and make better decisions for you and your children.

1 Like

He already had her, hes gonna look back after you get out of this slump and glow up, and wish he never left his family

He’s not leaving you for any of the reasons you’ve written here. He’s leaving you for another woman, and using all of that as an excuse. He had to spread dirt on you-how else will he explain to mommy that he was sleeping with another woman while married to you? He is following classic cheater script. I can guarantee he’s been seeing his girlfriend for longer than just recently.

Go get tested for STDs (who knows what he’s been doing), start a divorce, and see a therapist. Work on you. You deserve so much better and so do your kids. There are a lot of other men out there who will treat you better and once you come out of the fog you’ll see who your husband really is and wonder why you ever loved him. From what you’ve written he isn’t a prize.

6 Likes

Why do you want to be with a drug addict and be treated like garbage? You deserve so much better!

2 Likes

Sounds like you dodged a bullet forget him he’s no good for you and is toxic you deserve better and we’ll definitely find better just give yourself some time to heal and the right person will enter your life at the right time.

3 Likes

I posted this let me clear this up for all the haters saying I emotionally cheated by speaking with my happy married gay firend. I spoke with him a number of times when my “husband” ran off and left me with the children. Yall need to grow up having a male firend is not aginst the rules or law

1 Like

Sounds like you’re better off without him. The ship has sunk. Don’t try to resurface

2 Likes

Um ya having a male friend who you talk to about your husbands many many issues is not even close to cheating! Even if you had feelings for this other guy, it would in no way justify his response or actions after the fact! He’s an addict, a cheater, and honestly sounds like a horrible husband! Cut your loses and be grateful for the two best parts of both of you! Keep your babies safe and out of that environment. They deserve better.

1 Like

Get the hell away from him

2 Likes

You deserve so much more than what he’s offering you darling. Run away while u can.

Please dont don’t get back with him

U see his true colors now my girl! Get out and find someone who will stay and try. Dont give him a second thought. U showed he cant be there in tough times and its good to know before baby born! Get out before it gets worse! Many men out there that will lift u above there needs out there

You probably need a psychiatrist to talk to . Doesn’t sound like a safe home to raise your kids in if he were to come back . Good luck

Yes u r crazy. Let him go and get on with your life!!

Don’t bother he s an ass

Kick him to the curb

You two need some serious counseling