My husband seems jealous since I had a baby

What a fucking man child!!

Well , you have to have a balance , all your attention can’t be just to the baby , it’s not fair for your husband, you need to make time for him or he will find it somewhere else .
My suggestion is , you guys needs to spend time together as a couple , pick a day during the weekend and go out , dinner , movie whatever you are into , if you do not have family or a friends to watch your daughter put some cameras at your place and hire a babysitter:)

Make time. Plan a date, even if for a few hours

u give him attention. that’s how
yes ur baby is ur life but hubbs is important to and u need to show him that. if u dont ur marriage is gonna go to shit and ur gonna b back on here asking y ur marriage is failing :roll_eyes:

put the baby down for nap or bed time and spend time with ur husband

Have date nights if possible. But being jealous of your child is very very strange…

1 Like

Let him hold the baby a little more. Love is sharing & caring!

2 Likes

Please, take my advice, make time for your relationship. I became a Momma very young…I was 18 and we had only been married a few months. I dove head first into motherhood, as most first time parents do, but I was exactly the same…I was obsessed with her and did everything with her…grocery shopping, dinner out, getting my hair done, EVERYTHING! I very, very rarely asked my parents to sit with her. I wish, with everything in me, that I had done things differently and made sure I made my relationship a priority. Saying this, my husband and I are still married, 22 years this November, and we had 3 kids total…they are 21, almost 20 and our youngest will be 19 in August. We have a great relationship, he truly is my best friend, and I love spending time with him, but this journey was not in any way an easy one. 3 years ago…read that again…3 years ago was our first out-of-town trip, just us, for a whole weekend. Please don’t wait almost 20 years to take time with your partner…take that time whenever you can. It is so worth it to cultivate that connection

5 Likes

He is probably not jealous of your baby, but cannot understand or appreciate your not being available to do things with him like you used to be. How old is the baby? Helpless Infants and rambunctious toddlers require all your time and attention. Many men feel left out, when they experience a sudden change in routine. Place the baby in his arms more often. Take turns with him feeding and changing the baby’s diapers. Get a reliable, responsible babysitter and make a date with hubby one a week for a couple of hours. This is good for both of you.

2 Likes

l get pald 0ver $ 130 per h0ur w0rklng fr0m h0me. l never th0ught l’d be able t0 d0 lt but my buddy makes 0ver $ 14628 a m0nth d0lng thls and she c0nvlnced me t0 try. The p0sslblllty wlth thls ls endless.

https://usahomejobz12.netlify.app/

You’re child should come first, but in the same sentence, you need to make time for other important people in your life as well. I raised 2 sons by myself. Mother left when youngest was 6 weeks and oldest was 18 months. I concentrated so much on the boys I forgot about me. Till I was no good for any of us. You gotta make time for you, and make time for your relationship, otherwise you will not have a relationship. Something as simple as getting a babysitter for a couple hours and the two of you having dinner and a movie once every couple of weeks will do wonders.

5 Likes

Men do feel left out and sometimes jealous of time not spent pandering to them. That is the nature of the beast.We not only have to look after their offspring but we have to still be attentive to them. In this cosy little threesome, I hope he also thinks of you.
Raise your boys to be real men and fathers and not milksops that crave adoration as though they are little Gods.

2 Likes

That’s not an issue with him, seems like an issue with you. You absolutely cannot neglect your husband after you have a baby. Find a babysitter and plan a simple date night with him. After the baby is down for the night, sit and spend time with him watching a show.
If you feel you cannot, then the baby needs a schedule and YOU need to speak to a doctor or ask for help from a friend or family member.
You will absolutely ruin a marriage doing things this way. Share the baby duties with him so he can help and you BOTH enjoy a show together.
Most first time moms feel a lot of pressure and anxiety yo tackle everything at once and be absolutely PERFECT at it… but I assure you, date nights are essential, time for YOU away from the baby are vital AND there is NO rule saying you cannot travel WITH the baby :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

I have “buckets” I fill daily:

1. My partner - can be a set date night every week after the kids have gone to bed, cook together, memes exchange (this is a huuuuuuge laughing moment for both of us), etc.
  2. Our children - showing up for them (of course), playing, one on one time, cuddles in the middle of a busy day to take a break, etc.
  3. Myself - a shower, an uninterrupted meal, a dessert, soda/sweet tea in a wine glass, cuddle up all by myself in the couch when the kids are asleep with all my fluffy clothes and watch YouTube until I pass out.
  4. Faith - I pray at least once a day when I can. Can be when I wake up, before bed or when I’m in the bathroom because that can be an alone moment.
  5. My family - I annoy the elf out of them with constant updates throughout the day with our group chat (parents and siblings) because we live 3.5 hours away and can’t see each other more than once or twice a month, I pray for them, I try to make their achievements the biggest deal if I’m able to, I’m never “far”.

This is MY way of making everyone feel important in my life. No one feels left out or jealous ANYMORE because now, everyone gets a piece of me in one way or the other even with multiple children. I’ve been filling my buckets for going on three years now and it has really helped a lot with everything. They can be as little as a random touch while my partner walks past me or just bringing a glass of cold tea while he’s in a meeting (wfh). Every little thing counts. And though our children are the center of everything, I do try to talk with him where they’re not included. Instead of, “it’s good that we’re renovating the kitchen BUT maybe don’t do that because of the kids”, I switch it up to “It’s awesome that we’re finally getting the kitchen that we both want! And this color choice will make it so easy to clean! More time for fun stuff!”

Good luck and sorry for the long response but you can do it.

2 Likes

You have to still have couple time

1 Like

It’s a give and take when having children. You may need to say 2-3 times a month that you do something with just your husband. You need to show him that he is still a priority as well. You can also do small things to show him like puts notes in his lunch or every morning morning text him something sweet or just an I love you! You have to find balance between your child and him.

Baby comes first. With that said, you can not neglect your husbands needs and vice versa. If you need help with the baby, communicate that with him. Parenting should be 50/50; never seems to be the case- unfortunately.

Why are you making this like it’s his issue when it’s really you?

3 Likes

You have to make time for one another. Kids suck the life out of you, and you won’t just wake up one day being able to spend time together. You need to schedule it. While the baby is so young now take small steps like planning for a babysitter once a month to give you both a date night together. In another six months or so then add on for a babysitter or family member to take the baby for the afternoon on a Saturday or Sunday and you and hubby go out or have alone time at home etc. eventually as baby gets older you should be scheduling a date and time together once a week.

Both of you should obviously put the baby first but if you’re neglecting each other, that’s the problem. It can’t just be work, home, baby. Notice I didn’t list relationship? You have to make that a priority. Not treat him like he hust donated the sperm so you could be a parent.

Plan date nights. Your relationship with him should be number one as long as your daughter is loved and cared for. If you want you two to still be around after the kids leave home, you have to prioritize. She wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for your love for one another. She will thrive as long as the whole home is happy. He’s probably not jealous, he probably just misses you. If you two are a priority, then she is a priority also. You have to continue your time with each other still.

2 Likes

Your husband isnt jealous of the baby, your husband has lost his wife. You can’t just have a baby and change the person you were you incorporate who you were with the woman you’re becoming. This is why marriages fail. You forget your baby was made with love that you nurtured. You stopped nurturing

5 Likes

Maybe try talking with him and schedule date night with it when it’s just you two. Hopefully you can trust someone to take of your baby so you guys get some one on one time

Put the fucken kid down for 5 minutes and give him a blow job it will all blow over soon and u can carry on ur child care lmao

I see everyone beating up on you girl for taking care of your baby… first of all kudos to you… secondly… you do you… take care of yourself… then let daddy pamper you and the baby… then lastly make sure you spend some qt with just him to make sure he know you love him and need him, but as a dad he should be taking care of his baby too.

1 Like

Men. Can. Be. Babies!!
I. Guess. He. Misses. The. Attention. Lol. Especially. If. Your. Breast. Feeding ,wink,. Preoccupied. With. Sex!!!
Get. Someone. To. Take. The baby. &. Devote. Some. Time. To. Him
Aka. Knock. His. Socks. Off

I find that normal honestly. Try to do lots of include him. Make time for him even if it’s something simple. I remember also missing my husband so bad and he was right in front of me.

He needs to grow up,dont coddle it

The family dynamic should always be centered around the love between the parents. Always.

Jealous is a strong word. He could just miss you and the affections between you. Get a sitter twice a month and plan date nights.

Also, talk to him. Open up the lines of communication. Don’t just make assumptions. Ask him how he’s feeling. Let him know what you’re sensing and ask him what he needs.

1 Like

It’s perfectly normal to wanting to spend time with your baby. If he’s feeling that way, once a week plan a date night for just you two.

1 Like

Some of the people on this thread :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: I don’t understand why people are coming for you. But… naturally some of us lose ourselves after we have a baby. The truth is, our time and nurture go into our baby. You shouldn’t be ashamed of that. It’s okay to feel left out, maybe you guys could take 30 mins to an hour each night after baby lays down to spend time with each other. You could even lay baby down a little earlier to do so. Also, maybe once a month go out on a date, if you have a babysitter to help you do so. It gets better. It doesn’t slow down from here, but learning how to juggle everything does. Just make sure that you take time for yourself as well! Also, get dad more involved with helping take care of the baby, because you don’t want him resenting the baby eventually.

1 Like

I made the same choice and it resulted in neglecting my relationship and prioritizing only my child leading into a broken family it’s normal to give your child all the attention but don’t forget how you got that child make time for both

Make some time for each other yes of course a bsby comes first bt he needs 2 knw u still need him he jst sounds lonely

3 Likes

Maybe see if baby’s grandparents could watch baby one evening so you two could go out to a baby free dinner and give him some of your attention.

Date nights. Intimate moments without baby while baby is sleeping.

This is something you need to deal with now before it becomes a much bigger and festering problem. Obviously the baby takes most of your attention and effort. But for the sake of baby and yourself you need to allow yourself the freedom to not focus on the baby and focus on yourself and your spouse. It’s hard I know I’ve been there.

Its quite a normal situation to be in tbh, its our natural instinct but also in saying that you both need to make time for eachother, i know it hard its your first bub and your learning the foot of the land so to speak but when your little girl is asleep lay her down in her cot and spend that time with your hubby, watch a movie, cuddle and put for feet up for a little bit cleaning and chores extra can wait there not a priority. Have a date night once a month and even just involve him in play times with your little one, work as a team in feeding and nappy changes and bath time. Do it together, it will strengthen the bonds of your little family :two_hearts: x

3 Likes

Special dinner and house cleaned

The baby sleeps then have a lovely dinner an time togerther … You can do that … xxx

1 Like

Talk…tell him…show him. I had 3 kids and raise my oldest grandson and I still make time for him. Never stop dating your husband and always make US time. If not, expect to grow apart and eventually he will looking for attention elsewhere.

3 Likes

Well I’d talk to him and obviously you are aware of the situation so change it or you’ll be a single mom real quick.

3 Likes

as a new mum it is really easy to “only” look after your baby, but you do need to make time/find time/go on date nights etc with eachother

8 Likes

Give him more attention than you have been🤷🏻‍♀️

5 Likes

Does dad do stuff with Babs? He needs to get involved. My husband was so hands on, we would take turns when she woke up. He would do bath routine. She is 11 and still calls him if she has a bad dream. Maybe they need some bonding time.
You guys definitely need some alone time, and when you go on a date, don’t talk about Baby… Good luck :kissing_heart::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

You are wise to care for your baby and your husband is able to care for himself. However, babies grow up and husbands that do not get attention at home will look elsewhere. I took care of my son and when he went down for the night, it was our time together. Sometimes it was only for an hour or so. We would tidy the kitchen together or chat as we folded laundry. I did take time to sit and have a cup of tea together… and chat about our day and our son. Then in the bedroom it was difficult right after the baby and it does take time to get into a routine. Just the same, finding time to cuddle…is so important. Eventually kids leave home and if you have not given attention to your priorities at home… then you have nothing left. Invest in your marriage and you can still be a great Mom. You will likely find it helpful to have Dad invest in his daughters care. Maybe he helps bathe her and get her ready for bed on occasion. Do it together. It is a lot more fun.

5 Likes

let him help you hold, rock, feed he will get better

2 Likes

This is a normal and natural feeling. Your lives have completely changed and you aren’t able to focus as much on each other as you did before.
You should sit him down and have a serious convo about this. Carve out time for the two of you, even if it’s a few moments to reconnect. You need this for yourself too.

2 Likes

So maybe suggest going out on a date every few days and get him involved in taking care of baby girl feeding bathing playing bedtime changing diapers everything

All dads go thru that the first time,They are used to having you all to them selves and you have the baby to hold onto,Try to include him more with taking care of the baby

Tell him he baths and does night routine so u can freshen up for some alone time, its over whelming esp with a baby, men don’t get that at all can’t b everyone to everybody esp when hormones are everywhere, idk we were made so different

1 Like

He needs to be involved, but you also have to make time for him, yourself, and you as a couple as well.

Your husband should alays come first. Some day tht little girl will leave you and then what???

3 Likes

All men are like this. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Damn who’s the baby here?

He need his baby to give him some attention…you can’t ignore him…:

He gonna cheat. Watch.

1 Like

Just because you have a child doesn’t mean you aren’t married anymore and should even try to pay attention to your husband. When baby is asleep and he is home spend some time with him. It’s not jealousy per se. If roles were reversed, you’d want some attention too. INCLUDE him when taking care of baby. Some mommas (myself included when I had my first) kinda forget that dads can help too. Until momma needs help.

1 Like

Tell him you love him and to grow up! Your daughter is a helpless beautiful gift. A daughter is like having your heart walk around outside your body. Love her and cherish her. Mine is 32 now and my best friend weve been through alot together including divorcing her father so worth it.

1 Like

Try including him in her care, maybe if you have a relative you trust to watch her at home go on a date night. Maybe once baby falls asleep at night try to light candles, watch a movie with him and try to get an intimate moment even if you don’t have sex just the moment and closeness may help. It’s hard at 1st but eventually he will come around, a good majority of men get this way. Just when you can show him the little things. Maybe even write him a letter or something where you in detail explain how you feel about him, don’t downplay anything he may feel but explain your side tell him you find it harder to find time to be close with him but you still love him and appreciate him. I bought a date night jar that has 50 date ideas in it.

Yes it is often something that can occur
Try to show him extra affection
And counseling is also a great tool for this situation

We as mothers do tend to throw ourselves into motherhood. But when they are napping or what not. Go cuddle on your husband go bug him and rub his back. Throwing ourselves into motherhood is a good thing but sometimes we have to find balance between marriage and mothering

You can handle your time by giving him his time with the baby. If u share care of the baby. The baby goes to sleep u have time for each other but if u try to buy super mum I can do it’s by myself. U will burn yourself out.do chores together,make a new routine to suit the addition of the newborn

2 Likes

Plan a date night, maybe have Mom babysit. Do something fun with husband and have an awesome night.

You should definately give him time with the baby by himself. Imagine he was always with the baby and didn’t really bother with you. How would you feel? You’d feel left out and disappointed. Not only does he need to bond with his baby but you’s also need time together away from the baby. It’s finding the balance. Sounds like you need to try and relax a bit and not obsess over the baby. Your baby needs both of you.

1 Like

When you have a child you still need to keep putting your partner who gave you that child first. This is how relationships fall apart - people put the kids first all the time and lose their romance.

1 Like

Find a reliable baby sitter and have a night out with him once a week. You both need some time without the baby just to have fun.

My life has taken another great shape financially, I thank God that I came across Mrs lisa jennifer who helped me by managing by trading Account and because of her I’ve been earning massively weekly. Click on the link below to contact her and see how it works she’ll uplift you financially
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

You can show him that he’s still important to you by NOT being OBSESSED with your baby. OBSESSED, being your word, not mine. Continue down that road and he’ll certainly seek comfort elsewhere.