My husband wants to go fishing the day before Mothers Day

Just saying what if fishing os a excuse to have time to get you a proper gift or whatnot? If we didn’t have previous plans I’d be like bye boy and take a mom day! Wake up spa myself into greatness take my babies to the zoo or somewhere fun and start my celebration as a mother right! I never rely on my man to celebrate Mother’s Day I’m not his mama I take the time to be with my child who made me the proudest mom ever! I celebrate my children and have a good ol time doing it!

Petty. You don’t get the whole weekend

2 Likes

It’s called Mother’s Day not Mother’s weekend you sound crazy

5 Likes

That’s a little extreme. My bf is on call all the time. There has been many Mother’s Day ( the actual day ) that he hasn’t been around. Mother’s Day is one day not a weekend

1 Like

Wait are you saying mom gets a day off?? What is this??
I thought mother days was a day kids make something for moms?

3 Likes

It’s called Mother’s Day, not Mother’s Weekend. Get over yourself there.

5 Likes

If you and husband planned a weekend get away I would see why. But it’s just a day and they are keeping something in the family. I say enjoy your one day and celebrate longer later.

3 Likes

I don’t see the big deal. At least it’s not on Mothers Day

4 Likes

It’s Mother’s Day not mothers weekend

6 Likes

Shit…you got kids. Make him take them and enjoy the day off lol

Lol… it’s not a big deal… maybe he can make you a nice fish dinner for Mother’s Day… and it’s the day before not the day of lol… it’s mother’s DAY not mother’s weekend… #fishermanswifelife

1 Like

Let me guess you’re one of those ppl that celebrate your birthday for a week? :joy:

12 Likes

I mean we celebrate the DAY not the weekend and even in that it isn’t much. I’m not sure what you usually do but he isn’t going on Sunday. I don’t know. I wouldn’t care.

The day is for you, not the whole weekend.

1 Like

It’s a day for us mom’s not a weekend let the man go fishing at least he didn’t choose to go on mother’s day

1 Like

Miss lady come off d ppl internet with this crap…
It’s Mother’s day not Mother’s weekend

6 Likes

Take the time to go get pamper for Sunday…Mother’s Day! :blush:

1 Like

I don’t think you are wrong. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

They dragging you girl :woozy_face:

Tell him he can go but he has to take the kids :joy:

2 Likes

He didn’t plan it on Mother’s Day so he’s in the clear.

1 Like

Oh mercy!! Be thankful you get a day!

1 Like

It’s Mother’s day, why do you expect to have the whole weekend?

4 Likes

First of all, you are his wife, not his mother so shouldn’t your DAY be spent with your children? Second, it’s Mother’s DAY, not Mother’s WEEKEND. Third, you are allowed to feel how you feel, but acting unreasonably is a choice. I say let the man fish in peace without guilt.

8 Likes

Wow I’m kinda shocked by the comments. Lol
I’m celebrated all Mother’s Day weekend.
Mom don’t get enough credit or love!
Not sure why it’s a big deal for him to spend the weekend focused on you when he goes every month. :woman_shrugging:t2:
Guess I’m the odd ball out.

3 Likes

Is your name Karen? Lmao

I’m sorry, but YOU :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: That poor guy… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Wow shit if I were him I’d be gone the whole weekend

It’s a one day a month deal and he’s not even going fishing on actual Mothers Day. Please don’t be that person lol leave him be and let him go fishing since it’s aonce a month thing. Besides, you have plenty of other Mothers Days to have his head up your ass :rofl:

It’s a day, not a weekend

4 Likes

It should be mother’s weekend. We deserve more than one day of relaxation. I don’t think it’s a big deal that he goes fishing but who are we to invalidate the way she feels. We don’t know how tired she is. How often she gets breaks. We clearly know he goes fishing all the time w his brother, tradition or not. Js :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He will get over it. Sorry it’s mothers day. That day us for you. You should be celebrated.

If I’m understanding where she’s coming from , as my daughters dad is a fisherman. He would be exhausted the next day (mothers day)

My husband chooses to do softball on Sundays. It starts on Mother’s Day. Can’t wait to go root my husband on with our 3 year old. :woman_shrugging:t3:.

3 Likes

Mother’s Day is Sunday. He as a grown man, has the autonomy to make choices that also fill his cup. This is quite controlling behavior.

18 Likes

Dear lord…. I never realized how petty and childish some people can be…… this sounds like a child wrote this……

2 Likes

Who cares let the man go fishing. It’s just a day

1 Like

So, the comments section isn’t going the way you planned.

2 Likes

grow up you have him for the rest of the time don’t you?

3 Likes

You are very wrong for feeling this way, especially knowing it’s something they always did before their father passed away. You sound very entitles and think everything revolves around you. Hopefully your husband still goes!

2 Likes

Mother’s Day is on Sunday! Let him go fishing!

Id let him go. I feel like your just looking for a reason to argue. Now I can see if you guys had plans for the weekend but from what I read you don’t. So let him go fishing. Its a tradition him and his brother have. So let the men be. Just be thankful that its not on mothers day. Also its mothers day not the mothers weekend. Go do something why there fishing.

People are looking for guidance, not negativity. The behavior on here is disgusting!!

2 Likes

Mothers DAY. Not Mothers Weekend. I’ve never been a fan of extended celebrations :person_shrugging: let them have their day. I’m the type who would love a day of relaxation to myself in celebration of Mothers Day. Be thankful for what you get.

2 Likes

do something for yourself! don’t sweat it. take the whole weekend for yourself. don’t need him to celebrate. some men are selfish. do you don’t worry what others say or do enjoy yourself

For goodness sake he isn’t going on Mother’s day, plan to do something for your self on Saturday something you like to do that he isn’t interested in doing that you do, and enjoy Sunday Mother’s day together. Then on Father’s day weekend you do the same. Everyone could be happy

1 Like

Who cares Mother’s Day is the next day and he’s not your child so technically he’s not obligated to do anything for you

1 Like

Well, I’d hate for you to be my kids mom. Her birthday falls on Mother’s Day this year. Guess that entire weekend will be about her and not me.

1 Like

That’s a little much. It’s mothers day not the while weekend. Let him go fishing then you relax the next day.

Do you dedicate the whole weekend to him for Father’s Day? He doesn’t plan to be gone on Mother’s Day does he? And if it does bother you, see if there is a compromise. Maybe they can go next weekend the whole weekend instead or something.

So… He will be home for Mother’s day?

I don’t even get told happy mothers day on mothers day… but at least its the day before and not on mothers day

1 Like

Y’all must not get treated on Mother’s Day and it SHOWS ! Y’all are just pissed …… AND IT SHOWSSSSSSS!

2 Likes

Wow lady. Yes you’re wrong. How needy and selfish can you be? It’s called Mothers DAY not Mothers weekend.

2 Likes

It is a mother’s day, not a Mother’s weekend.

It’s mothers DAY not weekend. If they continue this tradition after they lost their father then you should be a little understanding here and not take everything so personally. They’re not doing it to hurt you, they’re doing it to continue a tradition.

10 Likes

I have found over years of marriage that letting the guys go and do what brings them joy, even if its on a day or close to a day of importance for you- gives them appreciate for you on a different level and allows them space to be who they are. If they live you that opens a new level for them to express their adoration regardless of the calendar days… and if they dont live you- it makes it pretty clear to see and saves you both a whole lot of time and agrivation… so maybe be less territorial about forced holidays and give him room to show his appreciation without prompting… its enlightning… also it can help you to not be so anxious about them…

2 Likes

Hes your husband, not your son. If anything, he should be with his mom, not you.

3 Likes

He’s fishing for your mother’s day dinner… 2 in 1

1 Like

Appreciate that you have a good man and let him enjoy his life. Everything doesn’t have to revolve around you 24/7.

2 Likes

It’s not Mother’s weekend, it’s Mother’s Day on Sunday

Do you give him father’s day weekend? Like it’s the day before, everything is fine, its not that big of a deal. Some people dont even celebrate mothers day. For all you know he could be planning something and use that as a cover so you wouldn’t think twice. Just let him go.

Let him take kids with him and celebrate în peace with wine, chocolate, spa, good movies, alone or with friends…

Mothers DAY not mother’s weekend. You are a greedy person to not let him go. It’s not your weekend. Going fishing has sentimental value to them. Mothers DAY will be yours to relax. I dont know how he puts up with you. I know I wouldn’t. What’s that country song… Im Gunna Miss Her by Brad Paisley

:musical_note: Well, I love her
But I love to fish
I spend all day out on this lake
And hell is all I catch
But today she met me at the door
Said I would have to choose
If I hit that fishin’ hole today
She’d be packin’ all her things
And she’d be gone by noon
… Well, I’m gonna miss her
When I get home
But right now I’m on this lake shore
And I’m sittin’ in the sun
I’m sure it’ll hit me
When I walk through that door tonight
Yeah, I’m gonna miss her
Oh, lookie there, I’ve got a bite
Alright :musical_note:

2 Likes

Your not his mother. Besides it’s not on mother’s day.

4 Likes

Why don’t you plan something with your mother on Mother’s Day or with some friends ? I don’t see the issue with him leaving

Irs called Mothers DAY not mothers weekend. Plus it’s a day for you to share with your children

1 Like

Umm ya…it’s the day BEFORE mother’s day for one & for 2 it’s not the end of the world . The whole weekend isnt yours ?

1 Like

Mother’s day is Sunday, not Saturday,so what’s the problem? Sounds to me like you might be a controlling person?

Every day is mothers day , you never stop being a mother. Don’t care about these little holidays people make up . EVERYDAY IS MOTHERS DAY

4 Likes

Life is too short, it’s a day, not a weekend, be thankful you have a husband who’s alive to spend the day with you. Your way too much in your feelings about this. Let the man fish and enjoy your SUNDAY shug.

2 Likes

I just want to say it’s Mother’s DAY not Mother’s Weekend.

5 Likes

Unless you have weekend plans like a vacation or tickets to something I don’t see why he can’t do both. Why don’t you take the kids shopping that Saturday so they can pick out something nice for you. Or go get cute outfits for mothers day brunch or your nails done… you can literally spend the day doing anything you want having fun with your kids.

1 Like

Ur not wrong. But. Happy. Mothers. Day

I would tell him to go and enjoy the time with his brother. The following day is Mothers Day

2 Likes

Yes I think he should have his day remembering his dad. And you have your day. Love both days. Marriage is doing for other one. Be happy for him and then enjoy your day.

1 Like

Honestly, pack him a great meal and some snacks and ask him to not be home late. Its just a day. And its not mothers day weekend, its mothers day. I think if thats what he would like to do then why not? We all work so hard day in and day out, why shouldn’t we spend our down day doing what we love.

6 Likes

Let that man go fishing.

He may have made you a mother but you are not his mother.
Spend time with the kids… Ya know the ones who call you mom.

I think it’s a bit selfish for you to a. assume they’re lying about how busy things and b. expecting a grown ass man to spend a whole weekend with you because you had kids.

Let him go & be happy about it😉

4 Likes

If this is a major crisis in your life,then you should re-evaluate .I am a 65 yr old grandmother of 3.Everyday is mother’s day.As long as I get a phone call,I’m good with that

4 Likes

First of all,it’s Mother’s Day,…Not Wife’s Day…Your children are supposed to treat u,not your husband.:woman_facepalming:…It’s a tradition that he does with his brother in memory of their dad,so let it be…Do u know how pity & childish u sound?:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Wowza I hate to say this but this is why men call women crazy :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Grow up. You’re not his mother……

3 Likes

I’d let him go. Last year my fiance worked 19 hours on Mother’s Day. I was pissed to say the least, but not when I saw that paycheck​:rofl::woman_shrugging:

I’ve let my husband go to sports games and stuff on Mother’s Day. It’s my day to spend with my kids. I’m not his mom.

1 Like

You aren’t his mother so wtf :roll_eyes:

Hes going out the day BEFORE mothers day,
Not on mothers day so whats the issue​:woozy_face::rofl::woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Your not his mother lol.

2 Likes

I feel like you are over reacting.

1 Like

Let the man go! Good Lord, let him take the kids to, you enjoy the day! You can have everyone on Sunday, which by the way is Mothers Day!

It’s not a weekend it’s a day. Let him go. It’s an unnecessary argument.

6 Likes

Odd one out but as someone who takes care of 3 kids and pregnant, I’m celebrating ALL damn weekend! :tipping_hand_woman:t2::raised_hands:t3:

I’d be upset BUT I’d want my husband to enjoy his fishing tradition with his brother; it’s not like he’s going out and partying !

For Father’s Day I celebrate my husband all damn weekend because he deserves it and works incredibly hard for our family :heart:

2 Likes

This has to be a troll post

3 Likes

Wow controlling much

1 Like

Yes you are wrong. Mothers Day is not all weekend

2 Likes

I mean… unless he gets trashed and is too hungover to function on Sunday… I don’t see the issue with him keeping up his tradition with his brother the day BEFORE Mother’s Day.
I think you need to let this one go. If you’re salty about it, the attitude/feelings from both of you are going to carry over into Sunday and no one will really enjoy themselves all weekend.

2 Likes

I asked to go fishing for Mother’s Day. I’m perplexed by this stance lol

1 Like

Send the kids with him :rofl:

1 Like

This is why I don’t celebrate these stupid days and yes in my opinion they are stupid. You are a mom every day I don’t need a day to remind me of that. I don’t need a day to go get pampered or whatever. I cherish each and every day being a mom. It’s a day who cares.

1 Like

Woah. The entitlement lol
You’re not his mom, and it’s the day before anyway.

4 Likes