My husband works nights and has become useless

I don’t know if I need to vent or ask for advice. Maybe both. My husband just started working nights and has been on this new schedule for 2 weeks. He works three 12 hour shifts and one 6 hour shift every week and has the rest of the week off. He said he wouldn’t let it completely mess up our lives but that’s proving to be a lie. He works 6 pm-6 am, gets home at 7 am, showers and goes to sleep, and doesn’t wake up until 4:30 pm. He leaves for work at 5 pm. On his days off, he still sleeps until 5 pm. Our kids go to bed at 7:30. Even during those 2.5 hours, he doesn’t prioritize me or the kids. He does his own thing for most of that time leaving me alone with the kids. He then plays video games or watches movies all night until he goes to sleep in the morning. These last 2 weeks have been absolute hell for me so I’ve fallen behind on housekeeping. He’s spent his few hours awake today telling me how I need to keep up with cleaning up after the kids because the house is a mess. I asked him to give me a break because I’ve been completely alone with them and he said “I know what it’s like. It’s hard but you still need to clean up every time.” He’s only ever been left alone with both kids for a few hours at a time. Never overnight. Never longer than 3-4 hours. He’s only taken them both out of the house by himself a handful of times. I understand he still needs to sleep but he’s getting uninterrupted sleep every day and gets to spend his nights off completely kid free doing whatever he wants. I’m breastfeeding so I haven’t slept for more than 2 hours at a time for over a year. The only way I get alone time is after they go to sleep but then I’m sacrificing the little sleep I already get. I don’t know. Is it too much to ask he prioritizes his family for 2 hours every day? We don’t even see him at all 3 days a week. Has anyone else had success with their spouse working nights? How did you make it work? Thank you.