My in laws reported to social services. How to win against social services to make sure i don't lose my kids?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

6 Likes

read up on what CPS can and can’t do. I’ve been in this situation and while my kids are not being abused it’s quite a hassle with them(cps). Don’t talk to them, cuz they can’t build a case if nobody’s talking. KNOW that when they enter your house they’re already looking at everything…messy or if your plugs are uncovered, EVERYTHING! If a police officer shows up most times he’s there for the caseworkers safety and not to haul your kids off, which sadly alot of parents don’t know this and just let them leave with kids! If your kids are truly being removed they should have signed paperwork by a judge and u have a right to see it.

4 Likes

You don’t have to allow them into your home. But if you aren’t neglecting or abusing your kids, you arent gonna lose your kids so idk what you’re so worried about

1 Like

Get a lawyer!! Don’t voluntarily sign your kids away

3 Likes

Social services are run on low budget funding …they do not investigate people and take the kids without probable cause…if your on the up and up I’m sure you will pass the investigation…Be glad they are following protocal… best wishes for your family

4 Likes

Make sure the kids have everything they need as in clothes,food, running water, power, etc. They will only take them if it’s a bad living situation where they don’t have the necessities. Other than that you should be fine!

1 Like

Call family probate- get info & a lawyer- know your rights!!! ASAP… states differ…