My in laws reported to social services. How to win against social services to make sure i don't lose my kids?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

10 Likes

If you were actually that concerned, you wouldn’t be asking random strangers on the internet. We don’t even know what state/jurisdiction you’re in nor did you bother saying why they called social services. SMDH. You could be a bona fide pedophile for all we know. These fan questions are ridiculous. We can’t help you or even direct you to a resource that can with so little information.

8 Likes

Be a good parent in the first place!

Just do whatever they ask you or advise you to do. Connect to your resources. In the long run everyone wants the same thing

2 Likes

Just let them investigate. If your a good parent and provide for your kids , no worries. Yes it’s a big hassle but it shuts up the haters. Good luck

10 Likes

If everything is safe at home and the children are healthy and happy you shouldn’t be worried at all

1 Like

There’s really no winning against social services. The ultimate goal is for the kid to be in a good caring home, and if that’s what’s going on you have nothing to battle!

1 Like

Don’t be rude number one! Number two, if you have nothing to hide then let them come! When they see al is good then they go away! Has to be something so bad, that they will get involved!

2 Likes

Depends what exactly they reported and weather it’s true or not.

4 Likes

Do everything they ask you to do.

If your a good Mom, don’t worry about it.

Depends what you were reported for. Are they just a-hole in-laws? Ex in-laws?

Once its unfounded, tell social services you’d like their call to be placed in a harassment file. If they keep calling to report you and it continues to be unfounded they could be charged with a misdemeanor

5 Likes

The last thing Social Services wants is responsibility for your kids. They are also aware that they are often used just for someone to get back at another person. Just be the best mom you can be. Relax, It will all work out.

8 Likes

Mainly clean home, full fridge, clean kids, up to date with their shots, healthy kids, no type of any neglect.

1 Like

Tell them they ain’t the law and to fuck off. If they have a valid reason to mess with you they will lhave a judge grant emergency custody.

5 Likes

My best advice would be to do the polar opposite of what Mr Abell is suggesting. If they are called, even if it’s just because of someone being a petty jack ass, they are obligated to follow up. As long as you aren’t doing whatever it is you’re being accused of, it’s nothing more than an inconvenience. If nothing is wrong, it will be noted in the files that it was unfounded and, if they continue to make unfounded claims and wasting resources, they can end up in trouble themselves.

Don’t fucking neglect and abuse them.

2 Likes

Tell your in laws to mind their own damn business

1 Like

You have to be careful dealing with them oh i did ask for help with my son they got so involved years ended up taking 3 of 4 of my kids i also suffered with mi i tried to work with these people they made it so hard for me so i would fail all the things they want you to do and finish classes and such to prove you are good enough to get them back all the work i did for what a class was to hard for me i couldnt finish bingo all it took they hurt my family were still on mend today this is my own experience different town different state years ago i dont trust them !

Ummmmm there are lots of questions here. First and foremost…why did they report you? Don’t know which state or anything. Always comply, if you don’t, you’ll def lose. Lastly, paternity issues don’t warrant a social services call. Again, give a little more detail. There might be a social worker on here closer to your area who can help guide you.

1 Like

This is cause for concern. Once social services step into your life, they take up permanent residence; there is no getting them out. You didn’t say what you were accused of but if they are asking questions, something is wrong.
Your best bet probably is to hand over temporary custody of those kids to a trusted family member. Then get your affairs in order and go back for your kids.

These questions…it’s like that question the other day… Should I give my kid to my mom? I don’t know, should you?

Adoption for all states is a business, once they have their hooks in you whether it be just being asked to do a class they still have their hooks in… That’s how DSS gets funded by the states they are in, thats why its so hard, its meant to be, google it if you want, those are the facts, social workers are told adopt adopt adopt thats how thet get funded, our kids our a business

Please don’t be so hard on this person. There are people who report people falsely!

1 Like

Prove then wrong work 10x harder to keep ur kids

If your a good mom I wouldn’t worry about it

1 Like

Don’t be doing anything wrong? And if you were beating, abusing, neglecting your child then you deserve it.

1 Like

I just tell them to fuck off and shut my door :thinking:🤷:roll_eyes: they have to have a warrant to even speak to me! An 9 times out of 10 they aren’t able to get that so…

1 Like