My in laws reported to social services. How to win against social services to make sure i don't lose my kids?

We’ve never had an issue when we had to deal with them (bio mom was a mess, so we had to deal with them anytime she had to). They are looking for signs of any abuse and neglect. Just be yourself. Don’t put on a show, cuz they are trained to see through most of it.

For those saying workers are bad, realize they can only do what state laws allow them to do in most cases. If they can’t prove a child needs to be removed, they can’t get them removed. They arent about ruining families. They want to keep them together but in a healthy way. Theres some bad ones in there, true. But that can be said about every profession.

1 Like

Get a good lawyer. Like the kind you have to pay. They won’t do a public defender. Then pray like heaven is raining down on you. A very good friend had his kids taken away and took home 5 years to get them back.it’s

Get a lawyer, now, do not speak to child services, do not let them in your home, do not send your children to the in laws without you.

Invite them to your home and have them check the facts. I say the in-laws needs to but out especially if you are not with their son or daughter. A lot if the times they try to get even and call cps on the other party. Get a lawyer and fight for your children and proove that you are a better parent. Cps only will check you and your home and if the facts they got is true. Make sure that you don’t let them fool you. If your in-laws call on you. You can take away their rights also

I can’t speak for other states but in Texas cps will take kids for no legitimate reason other to get a bonus check when a child is removed. I would definitely learn your rights according to state and to get an attorney.

Never talk to them about anything unless you are recording it or have an attorney present. They will make you think they are on your side and then twist what is actually into a lie that makes you look bad. I don’t know what state you are in but I know dhs is Oklahoma is as crooked as a corkscrew. They make money off taking kids and having them adopted. Never trust them.

I feel like we need a bit more context to give any helpful advice

Make sure your house is reasonably clean. Your kids have clean clothes, food in the fridge. And that you are a good mom.

Depends on what they reported if it’s true or not. If it’s not true then don’t worry about it.

HIRE A LAWYER. Lawyers are kryptonite to social services. If you can afford a firm, they’ll leave you alone quicker. They want kids, not hassles.

Why did they report you?

Why on a public forum?

E an awesome mother!

This post is very vague to say the least. It depends on what their claims are and if they have any proof at all to back up their allegations. As long as your kids are safe, healthy and well cared for you should have nothing to worry about. As long as they find no problems, it won’t be more than one quick visit and the case is closed.

Just take care of your kids all you gotta do

Depends on why social services was notified.