My kid came home with a cigarette burn, what would you do?

First thing I would do is call the police. Oh and get rid of the bf, your kid comes first.

3 Likes

Oh hell no. I’d be done with her for good and if he can’t respect that then his ass can go too!

Call the cops and drop that whole mess! That’s some bullshit! If you allow your child to go back to her house, you have no one to blame but yourself. These are the situations that lead to the nation reading about abused and murdered babies!

Police… it’s simple. Never bring them there again. No questions asked. Just do it.

3 Likes

Call the police. That is assault to you and your child. Go no contact immediately. That women should never see your children again. If your bf does not stand by you, off he goes. No contact with him as well. You can do this without him. You need too, for your children’s safety and your own sanity. This is not even a debate.

4 Likes

I’d leave him and HER. please call the cops and report it. If you’re honestly wanting advice then please take it. Have it on record or even take your child to their Dr and it’ll be on record there.

We haven’t talked to my MIL in years. She’s toxic and its much better this way. Your man needs to grow up and grow a pair and stop coddling his toxic ass momma and worry about the Child. If he can’t do that and have respect and boundaries then leave him where he stands.

Sounds like you need a man not another child, he needs to grow a back bone and set some boundaries. It’s amazing what people put up with.

1 Like

You need to report this and he needs to grow up. If he can’t establish healthy boundaries he’s going to need to cut her off. There’s nothing good that can come from this especially when she’s so toxic that she refuses to even accept that she did it let alone acknowledge it was wrong.

1 Like

Call the police and stay away from that family ,you have to protect your child .

3 Likes

Sounds like a super toxic MIL…1 thing I would say to check just to be for sure…my child came home from my mom’s with what appeared to be a cigarette burn on the back of her arm…it was painful…my first thought was what in the entire Fuck. Well, it turned out to be discoid eczema.

Yea I’d have beat her ass with in an inch of her life and then called the police and pressed charges on her. Especially as soon as I saw the cig burn she would have been toast. My question is doesn’t that enrage you that someone would hurt your child?? BTW f your boyfriend! He picked her side especially with playcating his abusive crazy toxic nutbag mother… he’d be moving out and I’d be done!

Umm…LEAVE they both sound toxic af and not going to change. He is always going to make excuses for his mom and choose her over you.

Call the police 1st of all . Why do people play about their kids!

3 Likes

She would be locked up and by time I got finished with her I would too!

1 Like

Call the cops and report it before they try to blame you . The fact he is worried about his mom shows its time to send him back to mommy

4 Likes

Yuck send that baby back to his mama. Get yourself and your child away from that drama. Are you even questioning your next move?

4 Likes

First, take your baby to er to document and call cops—press charges on her. Get a restraining order. Don’t let her around your kids. Get away from the toxic family. Get legal advice to protect your babies. Your boyfriend is toxic leave him hunny if he is willing to put his babies in danger, then he isn’t worth it.

6 Likes

First I kick their ass then I call the cops

Her excuse was that she may have drank to much and blacked out… while she was “watching” him… I’d leave right then. Def need to report the burn before they get together and say you did it.

4 Likes

Nope never hed be gone too

3 Likes

Your child gets hurt and ur asking what should u do :expressionless::frowning: that would of been the last straw for me

5 Likes

Did he ever tell you about any bad parenting skills from his mom with him growing up? Throw that shit in his face for a reminder and example as to why you won’t let your kids be around her.

…why didn’t you call the police and report it? That would be your first step to ensure that you get full custody and that the abusing bitch gets no contact with either child. Also LEAVE your baby daddy, he’s a mammas boy and will continue to endangered your kids by allowing her to have access.

Hey momma. Don’t forget your super power. No is a whole ass statement. :upside_down_face:

Call the police tell them what happened… with the child and her attacking you. Then Dr. appt for your child so it’s on record. And shame on your boyfriend you deserve better than that!!!

3 Likes

Your MIL is some kind of a head case. First she denies it and then says maybe she had too much to drink and had a blackout. You need to document everything and report it to the police. Get a restraining order on her before things get really stupid. If your spouse acts up because he doesn’t see anything wrong with what happened get rid of him too. Sounds like a really messed up situation.

I would get out of that relationship.

2 Likes

Didn’t even need to finish reading this…call the police on her for child abuse

3 Likes

Call cps and kick him to the curb. You dont accidentally make a clear cigarette burn on a childs face

3 Likes

Nope straight to the Drs ring police to meet you there. It’s abuse nothing else needs to be said. If that was an adult I knew they would be out instantly and if your partner wants to keep them around he’s out too.

2 Likes

Wow! Just wow! U should have the answer to this!

2 Likes

Thats a big fat nooope. Also take baby to the dr. That will give you grounds for a protection order to keep her from your kiddo

3 Likes

Your child was burnt by a grown ass adult that was suppose to be baby sitting and you have to ask what to do you call the police and make a report and it sounds like your going to have problems with that family I would want out

So his first child is in your belly, why was your child with his mom? Doesn’t seem like an ideal situation to me.
You need to leave before this babies born get an attorney get you n kids safe, fight for supervised visits so dad isn’t taking to his moms and forget this man. For your kids safety! How does he text 1 thing to his mom then lie to you? Send screenshots of those msgs to yourself and seriously get out of this. Trusting anyone through this doesn’t seem likely after the lies.
Plus, she was black out drunk with your kid over? Nope.

1 Like

Call the police make a report she no longer babysits, get away from the situation

4 Likes

I would be giving an ultimatum at that point. ITS ABOUT THE SAFTEY OF YOUR CHILD!!! If him and her both can’t respect that then fuck both of them. They don’t deserve you or your children. She is putting you child in danger and your boyfriend just acts okay with it and is cool bringing the kids around her more??? HELL NO!!!

The burn could have been an accident…she could have fessed up and that could have been the end of it. But she apparently has metal issues, keep your child away from her.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity, was this type of insanity going on PRIOR to you getting pregnant? :thinking: If it was, WHY would you stay in this type of situation? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:The worst part about this whole situation is that you’re carrying his child and this woman is going to have full access to your baby because her son is going to make sure of that. At this point you should be trying to exit this relationship and perhaps file a restraining order against his mother. You need to protect you and both your children at all costs.

1 Like

She tried to attack you and your pregnant with her grand baby!!! And your boyfriend didn’t knock her off her feet? If she’s blacked out drunk when she’s watching the kid, she’s not actually watching the kid. I would have taken my kid to the ER and explained what happened. They would call CPS on her for negligence and possibly not allowed around kids. Your “man” and his mom are both trash.

One time when my daughter was two, I was on patio smoking and she ran right into my cigarette. I felt HORRIBLE. it wasnt bad put there was a tiny spot…she didnt even cry…but I felt like crap for the longest time. ♀‍🤷🏻 maybe it was a freak accident. Idk.

2 Likes

Sounds like that woman will be abusive to your child as they are not biologically her grandchild. I’d be keeping your child away from her. It’s sounds like your child will always be at risk and not treated the same and maybe even be mistreated and your partner seems like they are going to allow it and will not stand up for them or for you either … be very wary of this and protect your child.

2 Likes

I would have called the cops the second you saw it and left his sorry ass. Why would you want to be with someone who talks badly about you? Especially to someone that just abused your child!! Leave now. Don’t tell him when you give birth and file for custody and support as soon as you do.

I know it will cause extreme tension but I would call the police. To me a boyfriend isn’t worth the safety of my child. Calling the police/CPS is the only way to ensure she stays away from your baby.

2 Likes

I would file a police report if she wants to act like a psycho. Do not give them any reason to ever test you again.

2 Likes

Police issue. Take a picture. Get you and your child away from the crazy dysfunctional family with a lawyer’s help because you want to do everything within legal limits.

3 Likes

Picture showing picture of burn and identifiable face
If she was drinking child may have run into it. Don’t know.
Do report it. Kids don’t go there without a responsible parent. Ignore the rest of rumors
Depends on his relationship with his mother, it could destroy your relationship

I would call the police immediately. Your child over anyone and anything, every time.

2 Likes

How old is your poor baby? Can he/she give an account of what happened?
Even if it was a mistake, she should be pleading for forgiveness. Not saying she was too drunk to remember. Wow that is just sick. Get protection order against her asap

1 Like

Never send your child there again! Under no circumstances.

A cigarette burn ON THEIR FACE?! This can’t possibly be an accident. And if they’re drinking too much to remember it they should not be watching your child, EVER.

6 Likes

If things don’t change get away from him and keep your son and the new baby away from her

Restraining order. Anyone that hurts your child has no place in your life. Period.

Boy can you pick 'em. Get a lawyer and get away from this bunch of nuts.

1 Like

She thinks she drank too much and blacked out WHILE watching your child? What the actual F. She would NEVER be allowed around any of my children again. The bf would kick rocks too if he has a problem with it. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

First I would’ve taken pictures as soon as the child came home. Then I would’ve called the cops. Yeah grandma or not I’m pressing charges. If she attacked after being asked I’d be pressing against her for that too. Then I’d be leaving bf. He wouldn’t see my child until/unless he petitioned the court. Then I’ve a lawyer & fight for supervised visits with a restriction that grandma isn’t allowed around your child.

10 Likes

Yeah, I’d beat their face in. Not my son. Nope

2 Likes

You need to report her

Cut him and her out of your and you’d kids life and go to the cops

Call the police. End of story.

1 Like

First thing as soon as I see the burn on my kid I am calling cops or cps to document, period. Especially while it is still fresh and also if my kid JUST got home obviously it wasn’t done at home so that there is a proof not done at home. Then if it is found the person was negligent or abusive or whatever the cause I would press charges and NEVER let them see my kids again. Family or not.

5 Likes

By you covering it up by not reporting that is a failure to protect and CAN cause your kid to be taken FROM YOU. Because you know of the issue and failed to report it. As well as if you know she has a drinking issue and is unsafe YET you willingly and knowingly left you kid in her care.

5 Likes

Call the police. Child abuse.

I’d fuck her up without a second thought

This is not a question whatsoever! You NEVER let your children near that woman and if your boyfriend is not 100% on board with completely cutting her off then you leave him…IMMEDIATELY! NO PERSON ON EARTH COMES BEFORE YOUR CHILDREN!!
You need to make a police report and file a restraining order! If you don’t act now AND make yourself crystal clear, whatever happens next is just as much your fault!!

7 Likes

Call the cops and,file a report on her with CPS.Also,take your child to urgent care to get it documented.Go to the court house jn the morning and file an op and,once you move if you do,file a custody case and bring everything with you.Also,take pics of your childs whole face as evidence.

4 Likes

Call cops file reports. Tell bf it’s her or you and the baby

1 Like

Run like the Devil is after you, because he is.

4 Likes

Screw the bf, protect your child and call the police!

3 Likes

He will never see your side of it💔 please get away from it as soon as you can

1 Like

Get the new baby, get a new boyfriend and a new mother in law. No family should live like that

3 Likes

I would leave him if he won’t understand. That’s BULLSHIT dont choose NOBODY over YOUR CHILD!!

Damn if burning your child was not bad enough, but her drinking to the point of blacking out while your child was in her care! WTF?

Nope. Get away from them both. ASAP

2 Likes

oh come on you are concerned about “making him see” i wouldn’t be asking a soul wat i should do if sumone burned my child with a cigarette and i wouldnt give 2 fks about going to jail.

8 Likes

The tug of war is her son I think it’s a sickness she don’t just have it her son too it’s imbedded in him too how can you break somthing that strong that she may have harmed a baby she’s so mad will the new baby be safe wow I don’t even think counseling will help Some times are you pulling him too No offense just trying to see the whole picture

I’m sorry, WHAT?!?! SHE BURNT YOUR BABY’S FACE WITH A CIGARETTE. I would have called the police immediately. Please leave before it gets worse.

7 Likes

Call the police and file for a restraining order against her immediately and if he chooses her over HIS child, fuck him too

Well mother or no mother of your husband boyfriend or whatever if my child came home burned with a cigarette he or she wouldn’t be going back and don’t think for a minute I wouldn’t had went to her and ask her what the hell happened cause I sure would and if she got smart it would had been on and if she can’t go without harming your child you have now she def. Wouldn’t be seeing my new baby or be left alone with it . And if he got mad piss on him as well he should stand up for you and back you on this totally .

Also ide probley go to jail cause I would thump that head …

1 Like

I didn’t even finish reading this… if my child came home with a cigarette burn, I’d call the police and that would be the LAST TIME whoever would ever see my child again.

6 Likes

First of all ask the carer what happened…then go to the police and never leave your child with that person again

Seriously you don’t know what the right thing to do is??? Obviously social services needs to be called because it’s a no brainer!!!

This shouldn’t be a question… fuck that. Please leave & don’t look back, they sound insanely toxic. As for her If she said or did anything else after the babies born and you still choose to stay, please for the love of God stand your ground & put her in her fuckin place weather it’s physical or not :woman_shrugging:t2: Goodluck… I hope you choose the obvious option though…

F that get a restraining order report it so it dont get put on u as this has happened to myself getting blamed for sm1 else burning my poor sons arm. Do not let that psycho around ur child u have now or the ones in the future. Sorry but fight for ur children ur baby daddy is on his own in this situation and u need to do what’s best for ur children. Cuz hes probably a mamma’s boy even tho shes toxic he will go behind ur back wit ur child and bring it to see her. Plz be careful. Best of luck to ya.

I Would Report It Honestly! Actually I Wouldve Done It The Same Day

I would definitely post on Facebook and ask strangers what to do instead of using my brain and protecting my children. GTFOH with this stupid shit. Social services needs to investigate this entire situation because you obviously aren’t fit to take care of your child (ren). You are just as harmful to them as the bitch with the cigarette, if not more because you are their mother and are supposed to look out for them and actually do something to protect them. Smdh

You should have taken her to the hospital, filed a police report, leave your boyfriend because obviously he’s going to keep enabling her and continue trying to make excuses to justify her negligent, toxic behavior

2 Likes

I’d charge her with assaulting and abuse towards a child

1 Like

This really burns me when people come on here and ask questions like this… is this real life… defend your kids…

6 Likes

Wth it’s ur child. Eff everyone else. Call the police press charges. Take the child to the ER

Call child protective services. Tell boyfriend to get out. Go to court for custody of your baby and protective custody from him and his mother

2 Likes

Your child, (children)aren’t safe in her care. Period.
Do not allow it. Period.

2 Likes

Okay so when my brother was little he walked into my mom’s cigarette & got burnt in the face (she was looking the other way) so my point is it can accidentally happen but! the way you’re mother in law went about it after is uncalled for she should of owned up too what she did & apologized to you.

1 Like

Report and don’t let her have contact your child comes before anyone or anything before it’s too late something like that you can be deemed as neglect and even though you weren’t there putting a child in that environment is a risk and you could end up losing that child

2 Likes

You need to press charges and if she’s actually innocent they’ll be able to prove in a polygraph if she’s ever had any intention to harm your child. Hate to say it I wouldn’t trust your boyfriend either big red flag if his first reaction is to comfort her, instead of contacting and letting authorities find out what really happened

Just me, but it seems pretty obvious on what to do. Why you didn’t press charges against her for the cigarette burn is beyond me.

3 Likes

Why is she even drinking while babysitting, let alone getting black out drunk? I would never allow her to babysit based of that fact alone. As far as the cigarette burn on his face? Yeah, I’d be out for blood. I’d put a whole pack of cigarettes out on her damn face! That’s complete bullshit!! Also, your man has some serious growing up to do. My husband would never ever allow this behavior from his family. He would be seeing red over this scenario. I think you need to reevaluate your life and decide if this is the life you want forever.

Investigation, you are your child’s advocate to protect them from those actions by law/love.

If she’s drinking while caring for your child that’s all he should be seeing. Not okay

1 Like

I’d be going to jail

Straight up get out leave yesterday. That’s how you handle it. Run and don’t look back that is a toxic relationship