My MIL changes my daughters clothes and keeps them: Advice?

You were the mom just make sure you get the clothes back if you’re over there and she changes her

Tell your MIL if you change clothes I want them back when i get her back.

I wouldnt mind IF either the mil or sil actually ASKED to borrow or SOMETHING! NOT just keep them like their hers!! How either of tgem dont feel embarrassed at such behavior is beyond me! Thatd be damn day Id presumably take clothes from a relative KNOWING their NOT my kids or the fact that they dont even ask if youd mind?! Even if they cant/arent in a Position to buy/get their own that still DOESNT make it right to just not only take them but never return them either?! Id be mortified to do that! Even if they are ashamed at not being able to afford the brand names/ones they want thats still NO excuse to just take your childs!! IF say your child has stuff theyve outgrown & you KNOW their in /gaving financial issues you COULD offer them saying yoyr child outgrew them & didnt want them to go to waste so as to avoid akwardness but even then your under NO obligation to just hand over clothes just bcuz she likes/wants them! Ya it might be weird but if you DONT finally address the issue/put your foot down its only gonna get worse & escalate to god knows what next?!

I would be very cross and ask for the clothes back. Tell her you don’t like what she’s doing otherwise this wilk never stoo. Tell yout sister in laws thsat those clothes belong to your dauhter. Your husband will get over it

THE NEXT TIME SHE WANTS TO TAKE YOUR CHILD, TELL HER NO BECAUSE SHE KEEPS TAKING HER NEW EXPENSIVE CLOTHES THAT HER PARENTS BOUGHT FOR HER AND SHE DOESN’T RETURN THEM. ARE YOU AN IDIOT?! IF A NON-RELATIVE, BABY SITTER, OR OTHER PERSON STOLE YOUR CHILD’S CLOTHES YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT I HOPE. WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU IDIOTS-YOU ACT LIKE YOU ARE AFRAID OF YOUR INLAWS-THEN YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE MARRIED INTO THEIR FAMILY. TELL HER YOU WILL TOLERATE HER DISRESPECT OR HER THEFT OF YOUR CHILDS BELONGINGS-OR TELL YOU SHITTY COWARD HUSBAND TO STAND UP IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE GUTS TO STAND UP FOR YOUR CHILD. GIVEN THE CHOICE TO STAND UP FOR MY CHILD OR MY MIL, I WILL CHOOSE MY CHILD EVERY TIME! IF SHE DOESNT LIKE IT SHE CAN HIT THE ROAD-WITHOUT YOUR CHILD OR HER BELONGINGS![quote=“, post:1, topic:22478, full:true”]
Am I overreacting ??? So me and my husband got into an fight over me not liking the fact that every time we go over to my mother in laws sometimes she changes my daughter clothes (because either she got dirty or she didn’t want her to get dirty) what gets me mad that always a few days later or a month or so and his sisters kids will be wearing my daughter clothes I get angry because it’s usually a brand new dress or her new clothes that she always takes from mine and gives it to his sisters kids… am i wrong to get mad over this? And I also never get the clothes back or anything also reason the fight came up was because I bought my daughter a dress last week and this past weekend she wore it for church then we went over to his moms and at night my daughter wanted to change into shorts so she changed she was suppose to wear the dress for Thanksgiving
[/quote]