My MIL gave my daughter egg nog: Do I have a right to be mad?

That wouldn’t be my worry with egg nog. How much did she give her? Just a taste? Or a bottle full? It can cause digestive problems later in life.

Did you give her a list of things baby can or cannot eat? If not, don’t be mad. She’s only doing what she would have done with her own children. Things have changed a lot over time but if you didn’t discuss it you can’t be mad.

Lord, was the eggnog spiked? Lol

At 10 months babies should be trying new foods anyway. Rice, potatoes, eggs, oatmeal mashed veggies.

point blank, you’re the mom. you have every right to feel however you to feel about something being done to YOUR child. is it a big deal that she gave your baby eggnog? not really, but if you didn’t like it then no one has the right to tell you otherwise.

Your baby should already have eaten eggs by now anyway. Hmm

I personally feel no one should give your baby anything new without your permission first

I would be annoyed. But, we forget that our parents and in-laws raised us, soooooo. How do you think we got where we are lol

1 Like

I am a grandparent. Never fed the babies under age 3 anything without consulting their parents. Just in case!. Grandparents need to cover their asses. Better safe than sorry…etc

At least you’d know now if she was. You’re totally overreacting.

I would be more concerned if there was alcohol in it

at that age they are starting to eat table food. how else would you find out??

Yes you’re overreacting… Simple answer.

as a parent of a very young child, it should be your baby, your rules.

Omg Richelle Silvester I thought it was the alcoholic version . It was just egg :egg: shes ten months old.

I would be upset… especially if something did happen. I think you should of a say in it. Period.

And they wonder why the village is gone!

Since she’s 10 months old, yeah you have a right. But it seems kinda silly, other than having that normal mama bear reaction. I remember when my 4 year old came home with her nails painted. I was mad, but really it was jealousy. She had never had her nails painted before and I didn’t get to be the first one. But we survived. Just ask her to ask you first, in the future. It’s your babe, after all. But I wouldn’t be pushing away family over that.

I wouldn’t get all mad, just tell her not to do it again,a baby shouldn’t have raw egg

I mean yea she could have asked you but kids are bound to be exposed to allergies….you can be allergic to ANYTHING… everyone is different so I wouldn’t be so mad but like I said you are mom so you have a right to feel however…

If there was a family history of the allergy I could understand being upset. I made it clear to let me know if anyone was giving her anything new so I knew what I could add to the list of stuff she’d tried. Tbh I’m surprised she’s 10m and just now trying eggs. That was one of the first things I gave to my little. Scrambled eggs, bananas. I waited on avocados because there is an allergy in my family to certain avocados. Just voice that you want to be in the loop when they give her stuff. I made everyone wait for peanut butter and gave her a spoonful walking into a doctors appt just in case so I get the concern and worry lol :joy:

How would you know if she has food or drink allergies if she never tries new things ?

My son was born on October 30th and I gave him taste of mashed potatoes and gravy for thanksgiving. Didn’t hurt him he is now 31. All of my kids were eating real food by the time they were 3 or 4 months old.

Have yall ever heard of baby led weaning… Look it up if you havent… Cut out that nasty ass baby food and give them your child real food. Stop overreacting.

Yeah you are really overreacting. Is the eggnog alcoholic? No? Does your baby have a food allergy? No? Well then shut up and apologize to grandma

No one should give your child under a year any food for the first time. She crossed a line.

Over reacting. By now your 10 month old should have eaten at least scrambled eggs.

Good gawd. I fewl sorry for your mother-in-law. You sound like a whack job.

1 Like

My sister was watching my twins a month ago… they move a lot now! Well one fell off the couch and had a nice goose egg on her head…. I was mad and she cried(my sister😂) but I forgave her…. Sh*t happens. Just chill.

I personally DO NOT think you are overrating. Your child your rules! They need to respect you and the guidelines you have in place for your child.

“How do we know she doesn’t have an egg allergy”…….because she did not have an allergic reaction.

Definitely overreacting. She was enjoying a moment w her granddaughter. Her actions weren’t at all malicious and had zero negative consequences. Sounds like a win win to me.

STFU. Do you breastfeed? Are you dairy free? Do you give formula that is milk based?

Can you nicely speak with her ans ask her not to do that?
Or are you that mincromanaging overreacting raging daughter-in-law?

Because remember, she clearly was able to keep you significant other alive through baby/toddler/school aged years

babies can try eggs at 6 months old. As long as its pasteurized, I wouldn’t worry.

Because new parents do not always know everything just because they now have a child. Experienced parents have years of knowledge and hands on experience.

As my mother used to tell me when I was being ridiculous…

“I raised 8 kids, none died were neglected or have any issues due to my care of any of them. All eight kids are alive, healthy, and well as we speak. I think I know what I am doing”. Relax.

And you know what?

My Mom and my MIL did know what they were and are doing regarding kids. They probably know more and better than you and your kid’s doctor.

So relax…