My MIL refuses to let me host Thanksgiving: Advice?

We have a different situation than you. I go to my son Thanksgiving and his Christmas dinners. He does it on a different day so all the kids from him and his wife can go to the others parents homes also

Just do it anyway!!and do your thing with your family and just don’t include her, don’t answer her calls or texts, block her if you have to util the new year!! YOU do what YOU want to do in YOUR home with YOUR family!!!

Host thanksgiving!!! If she doesn’t come, her loss!! If he doesn’t like it, his loss!!

Just do your Thanksgiving and if she doesn’t come, who cares

1 Like

Idk maybe just grow up and put your foot down to your husband and just tell him you’re hosting this year, your family is priority over your MIL. Invite her. If she doesn’t show up, oh well.

Host your turkey day… Invite your family and friends, sounds like your hubby will be spending it with mommy …cause he has no balls to stand up to her. After 10 years of this BS, Id be wayyyyyy more than tired if it! Shame on him for not doing something years ago!

Maaan. Host your family and friends. Don’t go to Thanksgiving at her house. If she such a pain to deal with, why are you still dealing with her? Do you. Let him go over there if he must. But you don’t have to.

Let have her day in the sun. There will be a time she can’t
After the holidays when everything is dull, have an open house buffet. Less pressure, wanted guests. Let people get out of there house when it’s not frantic. Our family gatherings are in the fall before the holidays. Less competition. More enjoyable

Host it at your house but ask her to help with the cooking. Tell her you want to show off your new home and would love to have her help doing so. Let her do the cooking (and cleaning) but be firm and let her AND YOUR HUSBAND know it will be held at your home this year.

It’s time your husband stood up to his mother and for you. If he doesn’t support you in this, you have other real issues not pertaining to holiday cooking. If they don’t go along with your plans, do it anyway. Invite your friends over and continue on without them. Have a good time!! (and good luck.)