My mom offered to watch my son for a week but I don't want it to be in her house: Advice?

Don’t feel bad, whatever best for you son. Amen

1 Like

My mom and sister alternated staying with my oldest in our home when I had my youngest. Less stressful on the child and you if they’re in a familiar environment.

1 Like

I agree. I’d ask her to watch him at my house. I wouldn’t feel comfortable sending my kids either.

1 Like

My MIL travelled an hour to stay with my eldest who was 1 and a half at the time whilst I was in hospital for a week. I was the same… Its a big change for the little one. I’d try and stay to as much normalisation as possible, keep to a schedule if she can. This shouldn’t be a stressful time for you, let them know that

Ask them to watch him at your house that way he has all of his own things and more of a comfort while your away. It is less traumatic and he will worry less if he is in his environment

1 Like

She can stay at your house for a week. It won’t hurt her at all. You’ll be out in 3 to 4, possibly 5, days after a C-section. She will have to drive there and back because you will not be able to drive for a month. If something is wrong, you will be near by.

1 Like

I would tell your mom that your son has a daily routine at your house and it’s important that this be maintained especially since the new sibling can present some changes to the family dynamics. So keeping your son’s surroundings as regular as possible.

1 Like

Talk to her and tell her it’s best for him to stay in his home, that way he’s closer to you. No shame in the game. You have enough to worry about with your c-section coming up. Less worries the better. She should be able to come to you. If her goal is to spend time with him great, she can do that at your house. If that’s what she wants, she won’t get upset about it. Good luck with your surgery :purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Absolutely not I agree with you. She should go to you.

2 Likes

1000% ask her to come to your home.

1 Like

Even under better circumstances I wouldn’t let my 2yr spend a week away from me! I have a 21month old now and I wouldn’t let him spend even 1 night away 3hrs away! It would even be kind of traumatic for your little one too to all of a sudden be in a completely new environment without his parents. It’s really nice of them to offer, but I would only accept it they watched him in your home.

2 Likes

Ask her to come stay with you maybe lure her with the amenities like a nice hot bath!

1 Like

Tell her you need her help more at her house.

1 Like

Tell your mom it would be best to help you at your place not hers because you are going to need some help at times too. Tell her your son needs to adjust to being at home with baby too.

1 Like

Wait hold up, a sleeping bag on the floor?? Sorry but no. If you do not have a bed or stleast a couch for my kid to sleep on then the answer is no.

1 Like

Ummmm no. She should come to you. 100%

3 Likes

Agree with you 100%. Just tell her how you feel and your concerns.

1 Like

In life, our situation seems impossible to get solved but the Bible says seek you shall find, ask it shall be given unto you. My marriage of 6 years was broken because my husband broke up with me because i could not bear him a child, i was heart broken and i tried all ways to get him back but everything seems not working until i saw a post of a woman called Becky Nolan who testified about this particular spell caster who GOD used to reunite her marriage called Doctor Durojiaye . I contacted him and he assured me that my husband will come back to me within 12 to 16 hours after he has finished preparing the spell. My husband came back home and apologize to me and now am 2 weeks pregnant and we are living happily again. If you need his assistance kindly get in touch with him on his email (
[email protected] ) Or
Whatapp: +2348145811971. .

I dont think you’re wrong. I would ask her to watch him at your house.
When you ask, I’d start laying out your reasoning on why staying at home will benefit your child rather than focusing on why you’re uncomfortable with her home.

For example…your child is going to be going through a HUGE change with you being in the hospital, and it would be easier on him to keep as much the same as possible. So his own bed and toys. Ect.
You’ll all be closer to one another if something happens.
You can stock fridge and pantry with his favorite foods. So that’s something that will be easier on her and him.

If she refuses, then you need to bekind and gentle, but honest and firm so it’s not coming from a place of judgement. Like (if) your little has allergies, the dust from the removed carpet could really trigger them.
Things like that.

1 Like

Why would it even be a week? Invite them over and say you wanna see your kid too while healing. Plus c sections heal better the more you move around a tad every day. By day 2 or 3 you should be walking around. Just rolling out of bed when you need to get up :rofl::rofl:

Just be honest. Honestly but don’t be rude or a bitch about it. Just say you’re worried about and you want them to stay at your house.

If it was good enough for you its good enough for your son

1 Like

I had a three year old when I had my c section and I promise you will need help with the older one for more than a week … my Mom came to my house … couldn’t even pick up my son for weeks or stand up straight for several days with a support pillow!! Moms are a blessing!! Anyway possible be at your home!!! And Thank God for your mom!!!

1 Like

You have the right to ask her to watch your son at your house. Just tell her it would be easier for your son. All his toys are there… clothes… He can keep his routine… Hopefully u won’t have to get into it about her house… But if she pushes… tell her the truth

1 Like

I agree just explain you want him close and he will feel more comfortable being at home being so little.

1 Like

Nope it would be at my house or not at all if I had a choice

2 Likes

You could offer to put them up in a Motel for a week close by and they could watch him there if you have no one else to watch your child God Bless you and your family

Was that your home then you be ok

Can you ask her to come stay with you but still help with him. Don’t make it about the house. Just explain to her that it is a comfort thing for you and that it would lower your stress having him close and it would help him transition to a new baby while being home in his comfort zone while adapting to life with a sibling. I think it would hurt her feelings if you said that you didn’t want him staying in the house. Safety is important but so is your mental health. If it will cause you stress and anxiety having him that far then ask her to come stay with you

3 Likes

I would just simply say you prefer to be in the comfortability of his own home before this major transition.

Sounds like he gave you some good advice. I would have said the same thing. It’s your choice. Make sure you make the right decision.