My mother in law constantly shames my weight: Advice?

I am having issues with my mil concerning my weight. Last year’s pre covid I weighed 156. This year I am 136. I had my daughter four years ago. To me, I have come a long way when it concerns my weight. Just a little history when I made my daughter before I went for my six-week check-up, she told me I was looking like a whale. She doesn’t recognize me. I am not the girl that married her son. There is always snarky comments when it comes to my weight, and it is getting too much now. Now, today she constantly fat-shames me. I am on a diet I rarely ever indulge. But I have to eat a few sweets because I suffer from low blood sugar. My husband tells me I don’t take her on. What should I do.

16 Likes

Your husband should tell her to back the fuck up and respect his wife!! I wouldn’t hesitate to cut her out yall lives! She sounds toxic and mentally abusive! What if she gives your kid a complex?! She is old enougj to know better but assumes cause she older you will let her get away with it!!

Your husband should say something to her.

13 Likes

Another thing, you grew a human! Your body is bound to to change! Love yourself. You are beautiful and you are enough!

Tell her to shut the f*ck up!!! Your weight is none of her concern as long as it isn’t causing health problems. Her bullshit is worse than a few pounds!! My mil did this to me too before we cut her out of our lives. I was 1/3 of her size!! Don’t stress about it, but have your say!!!

You should ask her if she is blind since you have went from 156 to 136, yet she continues to fat shame you. She’s coo coo. You are doing amazing!!!

1 Like

Wtf? That’s horrible! I’m sorry I don’t really have advice except to just tell her to shove it.

3 Likes

First off, who tf does she think she is, she needs to stay in her lane!!!
Secondly, 136 is NOT fat, and you have lost 20 pounds! That’s absolutely amazing in its self!
Next time she says something snarky, I’d say something along the lines of your son doesn’t mind or good thing your opinion means squat to me🤷🏻‍♀️
Also i would maybe talk to your husband about asking her to stop, if you aren’t a confrontational person.
I ABSOLUTELY can’t stand body shaming! I am so sorry you’re having to hear stuff like this

3 Likes

She’s just jealous. Each time she tries shaming you thank her. Because she’s just jealous and you thanking her will get her underwear into knots. Lol sorry I’m crule and at the same time trying to be a positive thinker.

4 Likes

Your husband should have put a stop to that the first time it happened

7 Likes

Explain to your husband that when he says nothing to her, it sends the message that he is okay with the things she says to you. He needs to stand up for you. He needs to let his mother know that he won’t tolerate anyone insulting his wife. Good luck!

3 Likes

Sounds like hubby is on your side and giving you green light to put a stop to it yourself.

If she continues to behave like a child treat her as one. Explain to her that it isn’t nice to make fun of or bully people. Do it lovingly tell her that as she matures intellectually it will be easier for her to not make statements that make her look so silly. If she speaks to your husband about it tell him it may be beneficial to tell her not to take you on!

3 Likes

I bet she will LOVE it if you say the extract same thing to her!! … But be more extra like add in ‘wow extra wrinkles’ or something.

She will learn not to say anything about anyone elses body.

16 Likes

thats totally rude, uncalled for and way out of line don’t let her nasty spiteful nature get to you smile and hold your head high :heart: also maybe suggest loreal 70 plus face care range tell her you notice her skin has aged way beyond her years lmao just kidding i wouldn’t give her any response apart from oh that again every time she does it

I defiantly would buy the latest wrinkle cream and gift it to her .

9 Likes

First of all you are beautiful and keep that in mind second I would tell her to fuck off and her opinion isn’t needed nor requested as you should not care what the hell she thinks. When she say mean things like that you can always answer as long as you don’t look at her you are totally fine with it. And as other said ask her if that deep wrinkle is new? :joy: don’t mind her and don’t let her stupidity and mean behavior get to you. Congrats on losing these 20 lbs girl way to go. And don’t forget you are beautiful

Punch that b!+ch in the face!!! How dare her.

6 Likes

Who is she to talk about your weight?!?! She’s lucky she’s not talking to me because it would probably be the last time she said a word to me. There is no need for anyone to worry about anyone else’s weight at all and nobody needs to explain why they gained weight. I know people look at me and judge me but what they don’t realize is I have health issues also like damage to my heart,lupus,fibromyalgia and they make it hard to get out of bed some days. All that matters is you need to love yourself

1 Like

Just Hell No!!! Tell that B that her son really enjoys all 136 beautiful lbs of you!! & also, Just send us girls your MIL name… we can all put her in check for you!!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Thats not even heavy :sob::sob::sob: shes being a b***!!!

1 Like

Curse her out. Don’t hold back… Let her ass have it!!!

Your mil is a raging b***h from hell who can seriously go fk herself. Please tell her so the next time she opens her mouth to you.

2 Likes

What I wouldn’t give to be 136lbs again!! :rofl: Tell her to fuck off.

Your husband needs to put her in her place. Everytime my MIL says anything disrespectful I don’t have to say anything since my husband let’s her know she is wrong and if she continues to act that way she will not be welcomed in OUR house. Good luck.

2 Likes

I bet her mom was a hoe too. Girl you’re beautiful :heart: I’m sorry you have to deal with that!

1 Like

Glad she not my mil I would tell her to take a hike

3 Likes

Tell her to shut up. It’s none of her business what your weight is and if she wants to be in your child’s life she better figure out how to be more positive and less negative. I sure as hell would not let my child be around someone who is a bully

1 Like

What a horrible person she is!!! Her son married you for YOU! He loves you for YOU not how you look… he loves you because obviously he thinks a lot about you and loves you in every way possible so weight doesn’t matter!!! Fuck what she says! Xx

I have a similar issue with another family member i just distance myself and avoid them now ive gained weight i no since lock down but also lost alot of it. Just dont need that negatively in your life

1 Like

My mother in law and brother in law like saying I’m a fat b**ch :woman_shrugging:t2: don’t even let it bother you.

Tell her too shut the f*ck up… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You and your hubs both need to grow a set and put dear old MIL in her place!

2 Likes

Why isn’t your husband putting her in her place? That is just ridiculous, especially when you aren’t even heavy.

2 Likes

If I was your husband I would tell mom to shut her damn mouth

Honestly I would just say im here for a good time not a long time then order a pizza with all the works. :joy::joy:

1 Like

I would tell your mother in law to mind her own dame business.

I bet if you punched your fist down her windpipe it would shut her up🤷ask her how she’d like to have a fat lip and a black eye and nobody will notice her. :roll_eyes:what a bitch, some people really do just need a good old fashion ass beatin

I would smile super sweetly and ask her “didn’t your momma ever teach you it’s not polite to comment on someone’s weight because it’s none of your business. Worry about your own weight before you worry about mine.” Remind these woman if they have nothing nice to say then to say nothing at all. Don’t let her do that to you, you’re healthy. Xoxo

Flat out tell her to shut the fuck up

Hell no. You need to confront her next time she says something and create BOUNDRIES. MIL or not, its no ones right to say these things to you.

Your husband needs to tell his mother that she is not allowed to speak to you about anything ever again. She has lost the privilege of your company.

1 Like

If you’re not supposed to say anything, why isn’t your husband standing up for you. If he won’t, then it’s time for you to say something. If she continues… forbid her from your home.

Tell her to mind her damn business. Your body is your concern, not hers.

All this advice to have your husband “put her in her place” is pointless, he was raised under that malignant psychology and still kneels to it, YOU need to decide if you and your children should continue with the damaging exposure, at her age even aggressive therapy is likely to have little effect on her toxic insights

1 Like

Why is your husband allowing his mother to talk to you like that!? Also why are you allowing her to talk to you like that!? One of you need to put her in her place. That’s crazy.

136 is not heavy. 156 is not heavy. That’s craziness. I’m sorry she’s being so rude to you. Talk to your husband and ask if he would say something if you’re not comfortable doing so.

Warn her that next time she asks about your weight she will be asked to leave. Then do so, Every. Single. Time. You & hubs grab her arms, carry her out & lock the door. Does she have a key? Change the locks. Since you can’t put her in a time-out corner it’s the next best thing. You can do this at places other than your house too. You can also both refuse to communicate with her at all until she apologizes.

Shut her down she’ll think twice next time

Shes fat shaming you for being 136lbs?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’d let it rip about any and all of her imperfections next time she says something, that’s ridiculous.

1 Like

The only way to put a bully in its place to make them realize you’re not taking their shit.

Tell her to go f**k off is she perfect body size. And tell your husband to grow up and act like a man and tell his mom not to treat you that way