My mother in law works in the medical field but wants to come over: Advice?

My mother in law is coming from Colombia on the 20th and I’m totally fine with it. I have 4 children. Oldest 13 youngest 2 weeks old. My husband works at the airport at the immigration check point has been working since COVID started and I’m completely fine with him coming home to our children.
I wouldn’t worry about your MIL :grin:

I get it! My daughter in law works in a daycare and my son works with the public they are young and healthy but I’m high risk. I have missed Easter and Thanksgiving with them which also includes my grandson. I haven’t seen them and its hard. I’m so torn about Christmas.

Pandemic or not, tomorrow is never promised. Spend time with loved ones.

Test before during and after

4 Likes

Ask her to get tested before visiting

As an RN I always make sure I shower before seeing my granddaughter and take care to not make close contact if I’ve been around Covid patients. I use a lot of PPE at work and keep my house clean. I understand your concern, I feel the same about people around my 86 year old mother, we are all second guessing and everyone has “Covid fatigue” and are letting their guard down. Stay strong and use your best judgement and above all wear a mask and wash your hands!

Ask her to test a few days before she comes.

1 Like

This might help shed some light on the numbers, most deaths are nursing homes, where the residents are above the average life expectancy rate so they’ve actually outlived most folks. The other vast majority of deaths are from medical malpractice and gross negligence. Elmhurst Hospital and NY "Deep State Exposed" - YouTube

1 Like

Video chat,might be the answer,If you feel unsure.

I’m a great grandma, I wouldn’t ever risk traveling to visit my kids during this pandemic. Christmas can be celebrated anytime. If you are worrying about it then don’t do it. Grandma should understand. Everyone’s health is important.

Not Worth the risk! Would you like this to be your last holiday? She can test negative and pick it up on the way over… porch visits! Every days a reason to celebrate…

I’m sure you all will be fine. Take some safety precautions, dissenfect, have Sanitizer readily available. Its a tough thing to think about for sure. You may also want to talk to her about how you are worried. After all she is in the medical field, and should be familiar with Safety protocals, and I’m sure will understand your concerns.

I run a daycare center and have a momma who works in the COVID ward at a local hospital. She and her children have remained COVID free and to my knowledge at this point haven’t passed it to anyone here. The virus is certainly serious (i lost a grandfather to complications) but at some point each family has to decide if the risk is worth being able to give our children something close to normal for the holiday.

4 Likes