My neighbor yelled at my kids from over the fence: What should I do?

When it happens again. And it will cause she thinks she got away with it. Meet her at the fence and let her know you will not allow her to talk to her kids like that!

1 Like

I’m actually so embarrassed when my boys are outside acting like fools. Lol. My 4 year old knows as soon as he starts screaming and being rude he’s on time out .

She should have handled this situation differently. Your neighbor should have knocked on your door and spoke to you first and I would let her know that was not acceptable and not to get to comfortable addressing my children that way!

3 Likes

Im not saying her delivery was right, but maybe she is tired of not being able to enjoy her backyard without hearing your kids fighting? If you did speak to her, maybe ask that if she has an issue that she addresses you and not your children next time. It’s definitely not okay to curse at kids and technically it was at 1pm, which doesn’t break any city noise ordinances that I can think of, but still…annoying is annoying and kids fighting is one of the worst sounds. If they were just playing, it would be totally different

20 Likes

6 and 9 years old…in their own yard playing (which often includes sibling “fighting” and “yelling”…uhhh…NOPE no one talks to my child like that. Its toxic and disrespectful and harsh language especially when used directly AT them. You don’t F BOMB my son! out of respect for my child I would stand up for him and tell her “i dont know what kind of unfortunate stress or situation you are in to make you act out towards a child that way; but you will never talk to my son like that again. A grown woman making a little boy feel less than. For shame.” Odds are she’ll apologize

10 Likes

Call the cops i dont think they take it lightly someone using profanity at kids

6 Likes

Sometimes it takes someone else to say “stfu” for it to work. U said they often fight and yell at each other so u gave up? I wonder if they stopped the fighting tho. If so I’d probably thank her/him :joy:

1 Like

Who tells a child to “shut the F up?!” Totally shows her mentality & she shouldn’t be around kids. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve dropped the F bomb in front of my kids lots of times, never “AT” my kids though. There is a difference.

Most places demand quiet at 9 or 10pm. I’m not saying don’t talk to your kids, do. You should be able to work with them. Although it’s like cats & dogs sometimes lol

I would absolutely knock on her door & request that she come say it to me in the future. My kids are savages. I get it. Talk to me, don’t be cussing at my children, or we will have problems.

4 Likes

She definitely wouldn’t be able to say it when I was done

1 Like

I thought that u were going to say that u wanted to kho :rofl: #UrBetterThanMe

Ask her if you can have a talk without having a falling out.

Sorry I wouldn’t be able to keep my mouth shut not when it comes to my kids

1 Like

I would make some noise myself as an adult and see how the neighbor approaches that. That’s totally uncalled for. It’s one thing for kids to be loud but there were so many other ways that could have been handled if it was really that bad.

2 Likes

Obnoxious constant bickering made by ESPECIALLY children can be taxing on a lot of people. I myself have noise sensitivities, and while I wouldn’t have yelled at your children the way she did I definitely would have said soooomething. The cussing was unnecessary, but you don’t know how that person’s mind is if you don’t know them. They could just be assholes or they could be neurodivergent of some sort. They could just be having a super shitty day too, you don’t know. You do know you live in a neighborhood though right?

I would of smacked fire out her face and we would of all been screaming me my husband and the kids and any body else that wanted to join in the scream match kids scream kids fight siblings more then most why bc they see each other all the time they will be fine let them be kids

4 Likes

I wouldnt let someone else speak to my children that way because the neighbor had the option of coming to you directly. But you should also be more considerate of your neighbors if they are being that disruptive often.

2 Likes

During daytime hours, the kids should be allowed to be kids in their own yard. If the neighbor has problems, you are who she takes it up with. Not only that, I would have been at her door in a heartbeat if I heard someone cuss at my kids in my backyard! Absolutely not acceptable.

35 Likes

Trust me mommy kids are a$$holes to each other. If exhausting. But if you as the mom are so sick and tired of it you completely given up dealing with it imagine someone that has to sit there and listen to it. It’s simple. If they wanna play outside they play nice. If they can’t play nice together then they play separately or time out

12 Likes

I don’t think it’s cool how she said it . There kids and she shouldn’t of used that language.

That being Said.

You gave up keeping your kids from screaming at each other :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
How about bring them in or time out when they act like that.
Your neighbor was in the wrong for how she handled her frustration. But you as a mom shouldn’t make the neighborhood listen to your kids yelling. I get kids will once in a while fight you made it sound like that’s all they do . She’s probably tired of being outside trying to enjoy a nice day and has to listen to it
It’s about respect and your both in the wrong.

5 Likes

Babyyyy cause who are you talking to like that?!:thinking: I would’ve flew outside. One they’re outside, two audacity is at an all time HIGH nowadays….three no YOU STFU & don’t you eveeeeeeeeeer in your natural life talk to MY KIDS THAT WAY UNLESS YOU WANNA SWALLOW YOUR TEETH! Have a blessed day beloved​:woman_in_lotus_position:t5:

let them play there again and stand there like a watch dog for when she goes at them again…and if she yells at them and curse you can go balistic on her ass…or hey :face_with_peeking_eye::rofl: that is what i would absolutely do!!

It takes a village….
And she’s part of your village, even if you don’t like her.
Maybe her yelling at them will actually make them behave a little better because we all know that kids tend to listen to other people more than they listen to their mom.

6 Likes

Maybe they should shut the fuck up and get straightened out

Nah. She coulda talked to you about it. I’d be feeling some type of way too.

3 Likes

Does your neighbor work graveyard and was trying to sleep?! If so I’d be pissed too…BUT I would probably talk to the parent first before I went full Karen!

3 Likes

Nope, I’d be at her front door in a heart beat!

Sometimes it takes a village. If I was trying to relax in my own yard and the next door neighbors kids were always fighting and they didn’t want to actually parent them I’d say something ALL of y’all. I probably would have said “knock it off” to the kids nit curse at them then I’d knock on your door to speak with you.

1 Like

I’m actin a whole fool! Bih who tf do u think u are talkin to my kids that way?!?

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re the kind of person that’s all about you and your family and no one else

5 Likes

I would pay someone to pressure wash your fence for 8-9 hours straight starting at 10pm at night! You know how loud and annoying the sound of a pressure washer is?!?!?!?!?!
Sweet silent revenge- no way in hell is she going to be able to sleep!:joy:

5 Likes

Cursing unacceptable idc

3 Likes

I have a neighbor that has yelled at my now three year old for playing in the yard for the last 2 years. The last time he did it he got sprayed by the hose and told to bounce out. I’ve also pressed charges for him being on my property yelling at my son and watching me tan.

3 Likes

If some random person told my child to shut the fuck up I’d have something to say about it for sure.

Knock on her door and tell her to shut the F up!

6 Likes

Oohh heeeeell naaaaww… lol

1 Like

Yea no if you don’t feed house or care for my kid you can keep outta my kids business and definitely don’t talk to them like that what kinda grown woman thinks thats ok I would definitely say somem to her then your kids

5 Likes

Well the music and the kids would be getting a little louder now.

9 Likes

Knock on her door sis

7 Likes

What sort of decent human swears at children like that I would of yelled back to her through the fence

3 Likes

Brandie Rhoades I think you’re being a dramatic judgmental helicopter parent.
My kids fuss and argue as any sibling does, we also live in a very safe neighborhood with fenced in back yard where at the ages this mother speaks of they were perfectly safe playing alone while I watched from the kitchen window.
I understand if it were in a store or restaurant, however I don’t think any situation unless it is harmful gives anyone a right to get into MY kids in my own yard!
I also don’t think it’s ok to sit here and pass judgement on another mother!!
If that were my kids and if my neighbor had yelled at my kids playing in my yard then there would definitely be a discussion!
If you don’t want to hear kids argue fight scream (you know, be kids) then don’t move into a neighborhood with kids. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Go water the grass. Then just so happen to look her way with the hose when she yells and get her.

3 Likes

Brandie Rhoades I think you’re being a dramatic judgmental helicopter parent.
My kids fuss and argue as any sibling does, we also live in a very safe neighborhood with fenced in back yard where at the ages this mother speaks of they were perfectly safe playing alone while I watched from the kitchen window.
I understand if it were in a store or restaurant, however I don’t think any situation unless it is harmful gives anyone a right to get into MY kids in my own yard!
I also don’t think it’s ok to sit here and pass judgement on another mother!!
If that were my kids and if my neighbor had yelled at my kids playing in my yard then there would definitely be a discussion!
If you don’t want to hear kids argue fight scream (you know, be kids) then don’t move into a neighborhood with kids. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Did they shut up lol

Idgaf what anyone says, some stranger wants to cuss and yell at my kids, they can catch these hands.:woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Knock on the door anyways. He can either come with me, or I’ll go by myself.

Good intro to life. I tell my own the same daily. It’s weird that the neighbor did that for sure but is it worth creating a weird situation? I’ve dealt with weird neighbor shit and it’s not even worth it most of the time. Tell your kids that the grown neighbor shouldn’t have acted like that and to not get loud around her place so y’all do t have to deal with her.

If scream back over at her to come over here and tell someone her own size to shut the fuck up…or go the other way and be sooooo fucking nice. Like bake her cookies or some shit :joy:

My neighbors must have moved to be your neighbors.

2 Likes

They were outside! I tell me kids to use their outdoor voices outside and indoor voices inside. Now kids can’t be kids in their own yard?!

5 Likes

Ooh noooo!!! I’d be at her door like……

3 Likes

I wouldn’t let it happen. My neighbors dogs bark CONSTANTLY! Big dogs and we have just gotten used to it. I would never yell at someone’s dogs and DEFINITELY not their kids! Also, Saying “shut up” and cursing. No way! I don’t even speak like that to my own kids! No way is someone else!! I would be livid and right at her door.

1 Like

Put that bitch in his place wtf

Good for the neighbor :clap: :+1: we making these kids to dam sensitive :pleading_face: I’m sure the ages these kids are they’ve heard worse never got hurt when I heard the f bomb. Good job neighbor :clap:

6 Likes

Since you said you have given up on them fighting I’m guessing they were doing so outside. If I was the neighbor and had to listen to my neighbor kids yelling and fighting I may have told them to shut up as well. I would suggest the only thing you ask her is if she could watch the language but feel free to tell my kids they are being disrespectful.

Nope. I wouldn’t be okay with that. I’d be making sure the music and kids were extra louder :woman_shrugging: You’re not going to talk to my kids like that. As long as it’s not night time and there’s not a noise ordinance { certain time}.

7 Likes

During the day?
Nah. There are people who work overnight though. Or stay@home moms who have babies that nap. There are many situations to cause that trigger. I, personally, wouldn’t have said anything to the kids.

I’d run over and let her know that next time she has anything to say in regard to your kids, to say it to YOU so that you can address it. And that if she does it again, there will be problems.

…And then let it go.

6 Likes

I DONT FIGHT. I DONT ARGUE. I JUST HIT THAT… neighbor with a polite “Hey don’t yell at my kids” jk I’m just trying to not go back to fb jail

5 Likes

Wait til she’s walking outside then scream YOURE WALKING TO LOUD :rofl: but I’m petty

3 Likes

personally If They wanna Scream and Fight with each other I would Rather they did that indoors Then Everyone outside Hearing it all… I Would Also Be Knocking on that neighbors door. I wouldn’t be allowing anyone to speak to my kids Like that…

3 Likes

Wait until you hear her in her yard hopefully with some people and tell her to shut the f up and when they all look at you and say excuse me like OMG I’d say that’s what she told my two young kids to do. But no foreal that is not cool.

2 Likes

In my earlier years I would have knocked. Now 1x I’m going to let it go. Maybe she was having a really bad day. If it happens again we will have words with each other

I already knocked before my husband could say those words!! You yell at my kid your ass is mine!! You cuss my kid…KATY BAR THE DOOR!!!

I will definitely knock at her door and have a little talk with her .
I know that kids are loud while playing and fighting and maybe she was trying to rest or have a small children , I do not know , but she should not be yelling and cursing to anyone kids , if she has any issue she should address it with the parents

2 Likes

I would just be like

1 Like

Honestly though, maybe they need to stfu sometimes

Did it atleast work? Did the kids stop fighting :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Knock on her door. She can’t speak to children like that.

6 Likes

I’d be sure to be outside every day all day now, being as loud as I can lol it’s the middle of the day and they are kids! Screw her :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m no help here because my response would be less than kind.

6 Likes

I’d snatch her up :woman_shrugging:

Have a huge backyard gathering party. Hire a DJ that does karaoke and sing horribly in the mic as loud as you can. Rent bounce houses and whatever.

5 Likes

Did they shut the f up tho?

27 Likes

You’re not causing issues. The neighbor is. I would’ve been out the door and in their face so damn fast it would’ve made their head spin.

I mean I wouldn’t appreciate someone talking to my kids that way for real, but I mean the neighbor didn’t harm them or threaten them. I wouldn’t make a big deal over petty bullsh!t. Pick your battles. But if it’s really bothering you that bad then just go next door and calmly talk to her about it. But there has to be compromise. On both parts.

I, for one, try not to let my kids be unnecessarily loud even when outside if there’s neighbors THAT close. It’s called respect. And nobody has to be that loud.

6 Likes

Your kids can scream to the top of their Lil lungs in your back yard ALL THEY WANT!!! ITS THEIR YARD!!!

8 Likes

Girl go tell her stfu

Kids are going to be kids. It was in your yard on your property. Her behavior is entitled and rude. Personally I’d say something

Nicely tell her to talk to you if she has a problem, and not your kids. She needs to learn kids will be kids.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to listen to screaming kids in my house either, BUT she should’ve came to your door, and spoke to you about it, like a respectful adult.

14 Likes

When my kids are fighting out back I wish my neighbors would tell them to shut the hell up maybe they would listen :rofl:

27 Likes

Get some family counseling, take some parenting classes, and discipline your kids in a positive way. You aren’t doing yourself or your kids any favors by giving up on them. Once you’ve started this process of behavior change let your neighbor know you’re doing something about the problem.

19 Likes

Yell out to your kids…" yeah, listen to the neighbor!"

22 Likes

Look at yourself before you judge others. Kids will be the example of the adults who raise them.

4 Likes

Sorry but you cant expect that your neighbours are Allright with listening to your boys constant fight and you lettinf it go! I think its quite selfish

6 Likes

If its constant loud bickering and she can hear it all the time then I don’t blame her. None of us were there to know the extent of it so we really can’t say what ypu should do. But if you’re not monitoring their behavior and not doing something about it, then what are you teaching them?

15 Likes

My boys are 7 and 10. They’re loud too.
I’d be pretty pissed off if my neighbour swore at them tbh.
But I’d make sure they weren’t being ridiculously unruly outside.
Just throw one egg at her house & leave it at that :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ad tell the kids to play n shout even louder :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Your neighbor is a fucking asshole and shouldn’t be telling your kids what to do in your yard. I’d yell back

Umm… have some respect for your neighbors. You gave up disciplining your children so everyone else is supposed to deal with it?? That’s plain ignorant! Punish your kids that’s how you handle them fighting all the time… you’re the reason your kids got yelled at. I’d yell too if my neighbor wasn’t doing anything about her kids fighting all the time … poor lady snapped cuz she’s tired of dealing with it. People just want peace and quiet sometimes. If you knocked on my door after I yelled I’d tell you off too and slam the door in your face. :woman_shrugging:t2:

14 Likes

Oh hell effin naw. We would be fighting​:100::100::100:

1 Like

If you’re kids are always yelling and fighting outside, I’d probably say STFU too

I mean… You literally said you gave up. Your neighbor is obviously tired of your kid’s shit. Please have some respect not just for your neighbors, but for your kids too. Parent them. They need it. All kids do.

When I moved into my home, 6 months after my husband died, I had a newborn infant. Neighbor rang my doorbell & said to me “we don’t take to your kind in our neighborhood.”

5 Likes

There seems to be disrespect running rampant in the neighborhood :sweat_smile::smirk:

They probably need to hear it from someone else lol if someone said that to my kids I’d probably say “ ya what they said “. Because my kids fight non stop and I give up sometimes so honestly I wouldn’t be surprise if someone else told them to shut the F up. :rofl:

2 Likes

she was having a bad day …I dont think she ment any harm …bee kind stay friends

So you can’t be bothered parenting your kids because it’s too much effort and expect your neighbours to just live with the screaming… Then they scream once and you’re all mad… Think about what they have to listen to all day. :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

10 Likes

Curse her a$$ out clean!!! If u don’t stand up for your kids nobody will!!! Can’t be out here letting people get away with disrespect. Not even one time!

Not okay period!!! You cuss and yell at my kids im knocking on ur door!!

Have a talk with your kids and let it slide this time. If it happens again address it directly.