My neighbors randomly stopped talking to us: Shoudl I ask why?

Ask…i want an update :joy::joy: days of our lives lol

4 Likes

Try to catch their eye outside or make up a compliment or something to call out to them, “hey, Linda, your pumpkins look so cute on your porch”. Break the ice a few times with a compliment, need for advice, or even a generic comment about the weather, “south dakota weather, right?” …and then let it go if they don’t respond to your efforts.

3 Likes

We keep it civil with our neighbors. They think highly of themselves. We think highly of ourselves, so it’s a tie. Peaceful village we live in cause we don’t talk much. But we do share viands every now and then. You need ice? We got ice. We’re not friends in Facebook tho… that’s the line :joy:

Why would you confront them? Are they a threat to your family? Are they dangerous? If not let it go. You can’t control how they feel about you.

2 Likes

A quiet neighbor is a GOOD neighbor! :joy::100:

3 Likes

Maybe they think your daughter is a spoiled little brat,And that you don’t know how to control her and they don’t want to be around that

Maybe write a note saying, “I’m not sure why you’re uncomfortable with me around. Can you explain please? I’m happy to leave you alone if that’s what you prefer, but I’d like to have closure about why the rift after being friendly.”

Also, what prompted the meltdown? Are they doing weird stuff & don’t want you to know?

3 Likes

I leave ppl like that alone

Your child probably said you didnt like them

1 Like

Man call this divine intervention​:100: I actively try not to be overly friendly with the neighbors because my entire life I have seen the type of shit that can happen and I am learning that most ppl suck, and that’s just the way it is​:woman_shrugging: I may think doing certain things, acting a certain way, whatever, is just the norm but you will quickly find out each and every person and family has their own unique way of thinking, doing things, approaching situations, ect, and it’s SO RARE I have EVER found energies that match mine​:confused::100: So when I do find those ppl, i HOLD ONTO THEM, but as far as day to day… I DO NOT WANT to make a whole bunch of "friends":100::woman_shrugging: I am friendly to others, I believe highly in our own energies truly affecting those around us and could even save ppl in dark times, so I’m not saying you can’t be nice and be friendly. And obviously they are showing you RIGHT NOW that something is a little off with them​:100: so, no, absolutely not would I try to “fix” anything​:100: Like i said, count your blessings, cause fighting with a neighbor can be disastrous for some ppl. This family isn’t being crazy or ridiculous, well at least yet​:grimacing: so don’t push it cause you’ll be kicking yourself on the ass once her crazy comes back out again. And it WILL!:100::rofl:

I have a similar situation only my kid didn’t have a meltdown. They neighbors are just shady ans two faced and honestly i think a bit nuts lol. It doesnt bother me I laugh. It used to bother my old man but I told him he didn’t wanna associate with that type to begin with and to leave it alone. Theyre kids are in class with our kids and still play together. As long as they don’t negatively impact my children’s day to day then more power to them to stay away haha its way more peaceful anyway 💁

Just leave it alone. Not worth stressing over.

No way would I let that be!
I would definitely want to know wth?
That’s just weird.

1 Like

I would have brought this up a YEAR AGO. No point in bringing it up now

What would it hurt to find out what their problem is?

No don’t as they will realise you are bothered is it worth your while, never mind them and get on with your life your family is more important …

Just leave it alone, they obviously want space and that’s their prerogative. Confronting them will only cause them to withdrawal more.