My nipples are cracked from breastfeeding: How can I heal them?

That comes from the baby latching wrong. Make sure baby isn’t just latching to the nipple but it’s getting some of the areola as well.

Try using a nipple shield during nursing and utter balm it helps

It should not hurt… bad latch, get to a lactation consultant…

Ask your dr for a prescription balm. I used to get APNO. It was made at a special pharmacy. Game changer.

Power pump for shorter periods of time. It will increase your supply

1 Like

It would most likely be the way your baby is latching on ,id get the bubs sucking checked ,coopers stout beer is amaxing for milk production

Use advil for the pain, only time will heal this mama

Lanolin and breast milk will help.

Use lanolin… often!

Breastmilk! Check for thrush, do they itch?

Nipple cream (ask your FD or pharmacist for formula) or udderly smooth. Wash your nipples after breastfeeding, apply salve and then wipe off before latching

Lanolin cream is god sent!

2 Likes

Also if you can reach out to a lactation consultant do so

2 Likes

Lanolin cream was my best friend

1 Like

My physician had a cream made at apothecary. It was amazing

Fenugreek and fennel to increase your milk supply. The baby is not latching on incorrectly

2 Likes

Try coconut oil… it works wonderfully

Coconut oil worked for me

My friend bought udderly smooth body cream. Said it healed her cracked nipples

Bag Balm is what I used.

kamillosan ointment , non toxic edible safe , can get on prescription ,

Olive oil work great

I agree lansinoh is very good my friend users it good luck

Mother’s milk tea works wonders

Sudocrem is the best in my opinion.

Mother love nipple cream

Call your Dr. yeast won’t clear on its own!

Cold cabbage leaves on them in your bra …

Hand exspress your milk be gentle

Bagbalm get it at feed store

Breast milk is what I heard that works best . Gel pads you need moisture . Works better than any of those creams

I always rubbed breast milk over mine and blowed on them and then put lanolin over them… u have to just push thru it… mine was bleeding and killing me and i just breast fed while crying lol… pumping is a little better than the baby when they r like that

Nipple shields saved my nipples during bfing twins

Make sure you don’t have thrush

Use nopple shields while they heal

Apply coconut oil
Apply bf milk on it

Time to do sippie cup or bottle.

I’ve heard vaseline helps

Take a bowl of warm breast milk and lean over placing your breasts in the bowl (you don’t need a lot of milk just enough for your nipples (expired milk is fine) soak for 5/10 mins do not wipe dry let the milk dry on its own. Or you can take some coconut oil and break milk mix together and lather on your breast once again do not wipe dry let air dry. You can also do this with olive oil

Your ready when it hurts

Multi mams compressor pads 100%

Something it is in a purple top

Mine did this the first week after my third son, my lactation lady said to apply coconut oil, assuming it doesnt bother your skin, and to wash them twice a day with ivory soap

Medela gel pads! Heals them super quick so you can get back to nursing and pumping without pain in no time! Life savers!!!

I used this a lot and put it on constantly and mothers milk tea is a good drink to help with supply along with oatmeal body armor drinks

Get these and leave them on all the time until they heal :+1::crossed_fingers::pray:

I used a nipple shield they looked like these found on Amazon. It really helped me to continue nursing while I was so sore.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000067PQ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_Xm0hFb47379SP

3 Likes

Find 15 minutes a day to sunbathe topless, direct exposure on the girls along with lanolin after and make sure you’re keeping them dry in between feeding/pumping, you’ll feel better in a day or two, plus the vitamin D is really good for you! This worked with both my kids and my mom used it when she was nursing us too!

Fenugreek capsules for supply. Brand is nature’s choice I think

Lanolin!! Works great!!! Natural!

Philipa Hayward Core can you help or recommend help

Isaiah 58:3-14 57:19-21

My husband and I got separated when i found out he was having an affair with another woman, when i confronted him, we had argument and he broke up with me, i tried all i could to get him back but all to no avail. I cried all day and helpless looking up to God to help me with the problem in my marriage. All I need is my marriage to be restored back, we’ve been together for years and he has done nothing but cheated and lied to me. but I know it’s something that can be fixed I still love him the same way when I first met him. However I decided to seek help from Priest Andrew, he reunited my marriage back together as it was in the beginning. now my marriage is perfectly fine and I know there are lot of people out there who have different kind of problem in home, marriages and relationships. Here is Priest Andrew email: priestandrewcureservice123@gmail. Com
and whats app him +2349064356977

Talk to your Dr.He or She will help!!

The Medela cooling pads saved my cracked bloody nipples!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0011ECPA2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Ky0hFbFCPPYFT

Lansonol did wonders for me

Kellie Kearney you might be able to help this lady?

I think admin makes these up!! But ya got jokes admin for sure!!!:100::rofl::rofl::woman_shrugging:t4:

I got thrush from my son while nursing. When I started having difficulties with my daughter I happened to be at a check up with her pediatrician and she recommended I get a special ointment that I had to get at a compounding pharmacy. I had to pay for it out of pocket but it was the best $50 I ever spent. Ask your pediatrician she was actually more helpful than my own doctor and saved my nursing ability for my daughter

2 Likes

Mothers milk. Its an herbal tea. It helps increase production.
Also, try cocoa butter to help with the dryness and cracking. Worked for me all 3 times

1 Like

Bag balm, you can get it at Walgreens and it like 8-9$ for the big can but totally worth it.b

1 Like

Lanolin creme its right next to the breast feeding stuff at Walmart. Its good stuff! :heart:

Has your baby always struggled to nurse? If you haven’t seen a lactation consultant, I would make an appointment ASAP. She can also check for a tongue tie. My first had one and it was horribly painful and lead to cracked nipples.

I rubbed the breast milk on it daily. Nipple cream goes into the milk so I was advised not to and the milk worked. Only had a crack once never after. I just used the milk even after it healed keep the nipple most

I had this problem with all 3 of my children and ended up going to the doctor who gave me some cream to put on my nipples to help heal them and unfortunately due to mine being so bad I had blood in my breast milk I ended up bottle feeding my babys

Mothers milk tea and coconut oil!

Put cabbage leafs on them

https://images.app.goo.gl/Z17G3f9iF1JJs8HY9