My partner wants me to move with him due to his job: Advice?

Nothing wrong with you. This is a major decision so definitely not easy

1 Like

Mmm idk…i ip n moved with mu husband when we first started dating no issue. From pa to key west…i think this depends on what country if youll have healthcare ect n how easy itll b for you to find a job thete…

I think your insecure of relying on a man cause men has totally taken advantage of you before

If he means business he’ll marry u, and u wouldn’t have any reservations about going … IJS

4 Likes

Why don’t you get yourself set up with an emergency fund, in case you don’t end up liking it there. Say enough to fly you and your baby back and get a place etc… like 6 months living expenses in a savings. Only touch it if you need to come back, then you won’t feel so dependent.

5 Likes

I’d want my child to be a citizen of the same country as I am.

3 Likes

I see Red flags all over that picture.I’d feel trapped ,no way would I do it.

10 Likes

If it were me, I wouldn’t do it. Your family, your friends, your whole support base is here. I would not leave to follow any man under those circumstances to a different country! Let him go alone and maybe you can join him later if it all works out. He can wait for you if it’s truly the right thing to do. By posting this question…you already know the right answer. Trust your gut! <3

8 Likes
  1. New relationship
  2. Abusers love to isolate you and if is new, you likely don’t know what hes about yet.
  3. Marriage?
    Give it some time. If he’s serious down the road, go.
8 Likes

Major decision. Dont feel bad for not wanting to

2 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t move, it’s still a new relationship and you’re pregnant. Rather stay where you have lots of family and friends for support, because we all know pregnancy and a newborn is tough enough to adjust to without being in a totally new country. Then when he is settled you could always move over there if that’s still what you both want to do.
At the end of the day you want to be comfortable with your decision and know you can cope. It’s a lot going on all at once.

6 Likes

No. Just no. Emotions can change and fade- money and countries are hard to change.

3 Likes

He may not even like the new job or last overseas.
Its way to much to ask of u whilst pregnant and settled here in job/with family.
I would think he is asking to much of you.
Go with your gut…
But if it were me.
Id let him go, test it out himself. I’d be staying.

2 Likes

I would not if you do not feel it is correct, if you are feeling something is not right, then do not do it.
It does not mean that once he is established there and working you can change your mind and go, but it may not be the right time for you right now, you may want and need your family support during your pregnancy
Follow your own feelings
And is he or both of you talking about marriage, would that commitment make you feel any more secure?
There is no reason to rush any decision

1 Like

Ask yourself would he do that for you?

If you’re not married stay with your family. You have no legal protection or rights to assets of it goes south or even with a medical emergency.

2 Likes

Trust your instincts…if it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it…if he loves you and it is meant to be it will …now, later, here or there.

No, red flags everywhere! It would be biggest mistake of your life. You already know the answer. A real man would not leave his girlfriend & baby. He would find a job here. If he loves you he would not ask you to choose. We are living in scary times. Don’t go to another country.

1 Like

Make sure you have several thousand pounds in an account he doesn’t know about to nake sure if anything happens you can cone back to your family.

Are you deliberately being very vague what country. What is his religion. What are the Traditions to the country he wants you to move to. Just because you love him doesn’t mean got to move to a country where women are considered property, which could subject you to abuse and other unknown Acts

Don’t do it. I moved to Sweden with my husband and my 3 children from the UK. Giving up my well paid job and nice rented house. He was Swedish btw and had been offered a decent job here. 6 months after we moved I found out he was having an affair with my best friend so I ended up leaving him and surviving on savings which ran out just before I got a new job and could afford to stay. Nothing back in the UK for us to move back for. So my advice is no. You will need a lot of support with a baby on the way and in a new country you will have no help or friends and family to help while he is working full time. Not worth it. Put you and your baby first

Your feelings are valid dont ignore tht :thinking::thinking: stay with your family young lady

2 Likes

Our family is in the process or moving to England from the States because it’s where my husband is from and he really wanted to be back home after having our daughter. As someone who has had to give up her career, car, friends and financial stability and credit score (because that doesn’t follow you to a new country) it’s a very difficult transition. However for us it’s worth it because my husband was miserable in the states the 7 years he lived there so it’s a different situation. If you have any hesitations it’s not worth uprooting your life. It may seem like a great experience but it’s vary difficult to move country, even if the company covers the visas and expense of the move. You can always message me if you have any more specific questions too :black_heart:

1 Like

‘New’ partner suggests to me yall recently got together? If so, I’d definitely wait awhile… and pregnant?. You’ll need your family more than anything. Not necessarily a bad idea to move, but horrible timing…

1 Like

Generally people move home or closer to their family when expecting a baby not the other way around.

It’s natural to be scared, I went through the same thing with my ex fiancé, the problem was that I knew deep down that I didn’t love him but ignored that and tried any way. When he got me alone and “dependent” on him he started to show his true colors. The result was us breaking up, me moving back to my moms, I did not want my original job back so I grabbed the first ‘Now Hiring’ Application I saw and got the job within the week. It was a pizza delivery job and that is where I met the love of my life. Now wait before you judge, I needed money fast so I took what I could get, I wasn’t in the position to be picky and my soul mate was in a very similar position. It was the lowest point in our lives but we met and blossomed together. We are now married with three kids, I am now a Lab Technician in gas and chemical blending and he is one of the top Project Managers with his company. My advice is to go with the flow but make sure you have the funds and support system to bail if it’s just not meant to be. Do what you think is right for you. Good luck, Mama.

2 Likes

Get him to release his rights for the child and boot him to the curb

If it were me, and I weren’t married to him, I’d be staying put. If a man wanted to drag me out of the country, there’s better be a ring on my finger and a marriage license filed.

I would just stay with ur family and job. Guys now a day’s take everything a woman does for granted. I’ve moved away twice for a man. And it’s all the same. Just stay where u are.

No why move to another country for a job…sounds fishy…if there were no kids involved might be a good experience but he is just a boyfriend…chasin a thrill sounds like…

Not to be unfair but if i was in this situation i WOULD NOT GO RIGHT NOW I WOULD TAKE BABY STEPS LITERALLY YOUR SUPPORT TEAM IS HERE AND YOUR COUNTRY YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO FEEL WHAT YOU FEELING AND FOR HEALTH YOU AND BABY HAVE HUSBAND GO FOR NOW SO YOU CAN ADJUST ABOUT GOING YOU ARE PREGNANT AN IF LOVES YOU HE SHOULD SAY “BABE I LOVE YOU AN YES I WILL GO AHEAD OF TIME AN WE WILL BE JUST FINE”

I moved from Germany to the USA when I was pregnant with our first born. We had been together for 2 years at that point, marries for 1. For me there was no question to it… he is my best friend, soulmate even.
If you have doubts then listen to them. New partner also mesns to me that you may not know each other well enough yet. Moving somewhere were you don’t knlw anyone means being able to heavily rely on each other. It can definitely break a relationship. Listen to your gut feeling

Not til he puts a ring on it!

2 Likes

Can you not do the things you want to do here, but in another country?

If you second guess it then yes it’s a bad idea.

Go with your gut, all else fails you can always go home x

Follow your gut! Do NOT make that move!

My husband moved to a new province for me when I got a job after college. I’d do it for him in a heartbeat.