My sister in law never includes me in anything

I would straight confront her. My SIL is a straight C. Over my 34 marriage there were some good Knock down drag outs. When my Husband passed in 2020 I specifically did not allow her to participate in his final rights. She caused so much BS in our relationship and my husband really didn’t have a relationship with her I thought it appropriate and now I am the devil with her because of this and my response to this was “I don’t give 2 shits about her feelings or sense of entitlement” Let her know if she can’t act right to just Piss off and not be a part of your family circle. It is her choice and you don’t have to feel bad about it.

If she’s doing it to prove a point of not liking you and making you feel less than tell her to go and f**k and post everything back to her👌

5 Likes

Who cares? Reciprocate

It’s been like This for 10 years for me from some people and they brush it off like it’s a gift for all when truly it’s just something for him. But they are like this is for you and Diana.

I let it go. I cloud Care less since it’s not about gifts.

I’m just glad I love my sis in law. She’s a good woman! I hate for yall with crap in laws

Your husband needs to speak up for you. You cannot fight this battle alone

3 Likes

Be petty go buy something for yourself with one of the gift cards and when you see her say thank you for getting this for me

7 Likes

I would ask her straight out what her problem was with you and your husband needs to say something to her

1 Like

That’s really cold of your sister in-law. Mine will kind of do the same. If we are invited for Christmas they do the secret Santa thing but our family has never been included. Or they will get up & go play cards. Never once have they asked me in the 30 plus years. I have learned to let it go.

Tell her 2 kick fkn 🪨

1 Like

Your husband hasn’t said anything to his own sister in that long either? Red flag

2 Likes

If she doesn’t like you, oh well. You’re married to your husband, not the husband and the sister. I’d just let it go.

1 Like

You can’t let it bother you … not everyone gets along just because they are married to family .
You be you and enjoy your family.

3 Likes

My mother-in-law adoard me at first, never did anything to the woman for her to ever think otherwise or treat me otherwise. I was pregnant with her second child, she was here couple months prior to my due date. Said how she wanted to be here and be in the room but I gave birth she was so excited. They said they weren’t gonna be here at that point time but she really wishes she could be. Couple months later I’m giving birth, we get home and let you know letting people know that we’ve had the baby and everything. She turns around in on her Facebook put how she was enjoying visiting her daughter and granddaughter at the shore. How they were spending from this date to that date and enjoying every minute of it. That exact time frame was when I was giving birth. There was no mistake when I was giving birth, she knew when I was going to give birth. She knew she was going to be here at that point in time and said she wasn’t going to be. My husband and I didn’t understand what the hell happened with her that she would lie to us like that. She would’ve been able to be in the room watching her granddaughter be born get a hold her and everything and give that up for her other grandchild. Mind you when she’s with her daughter, they literally if they are sitting on the sofa and they’re all talking or watching a movie, if they get up to go to the bathroom they have to fix the sink cushion even though they’re coming right back. If they get up at any point in time after sleeping to go to the bathroom in even though we’re going back to bed, have to make the bed in case they walk by they want to see the bedmate even though they’ve just gone to the bathroom and coming right back to bed. Her toddler is extremely anal along with her husband. That being said, we didn’t say anything. My husband‘s like well just let it go for whatever reason she didn’t wanna be a part of it even though she kept going on about it. When we had posted about having a baby to her oh I wish I could’ve been there we were stuck in at home because of this going on. That’s what I said called her out for her life, because we knew differently, we knew from her Facebook post and her daughters it was completely different story. So she point-blank lied to Weist through and through. Still did not call her out for it even though I want to speak my piece myself just said let it go. So from that point in time on, I just wasn’t that much of caring for her. Now he’s on my stepson was graduating high school. Our daughter that my time was 10 months old. So they stayed with us while the graduation went on and everything. I still bit my tongue I didn’t say shit to them about not being here. When she was going on and on about how she wanted to be here for the birth of her and all and she couldn’t be. Stuff and say shit my husband he knew he just he knew and he just looked at me like just it’s not worth it. So this woman literally is pounding in my head in his house she want to be here we didn’t want her she was and she was too busy with her daughter his sister. After that point I was just your basic contact you know Christmas cards how are you doing whatever basic shit. We never went to full details navigate anything. So few years in, I got her Hudson sprayer she’s because where we live Paradise by her home, it was my birthday I was dealing with her daughter and all that was going on with her and I was so stressed out from everything. The one thing I look forward to like during the holiday inn for the holidays and birthdays and such for the carts because they were always so sweet. I got a card from her that was totally disrespectful thoughtless no care. No her husband had a skin tag had for years was checked before for cancer never a problem. All of a sudden it was such a serious matter and I potentially had cancer at the same skin tag he’s checked I had checked for years. That being said, didn’t have to get removed nothing. It was just irritating a little bit. My husband husband irritates him every once in a while they check it it’s fine but never a biggie. She turned around and I said out you know how upsetting the card was to me I’ve got and then I expect I have all the stuff going on. She turned around and said how things not revolve around me everybody else’s life that revolves around me. I let her fucking have it. All the way from knowing she was here with her daughter when we were giving birth to our daughter how she lied to us repeatedly how she lied right straight to our faces when she was in our home for our sons graduation, I called her out for everything. I said how dare you sit here and insult me and tell me how I am when you have done nothing but boldface lied to us the entire time. I let it go because your son asked me to I said but I’m not letting you go and I laid into her. I said you have made every effort you can when your daughter says to jump you say how high when she says lay on the floor you say I can only lay so far. You do everything for your daughter and your granddaughter and do nothing for your son grandson and your granddaughters from your son. You blatantly blow us off all the time. I said I have nothing to do with you he barely bother you haven’t even said a Christmas card birthday card nothing to any of these kids and it isn’t right to them. I said they don’t deserve that you’re supposed to be her grandmother said I call you a joke. So I don’t have it, if you don’t speak your peace when you need to, it’s going to continue and I’ll get far worse. Go back to your talking good 1015 years, she’s here in our state, listening her daughter and granddaughter yet again. Tells my daughter she wants to meet up with her because her birthday was coming so she could see her and her daughter which is her now great granddaughter. Asks her if she could ask myself and my husband if it was okay if they stop by to talk to us and try to clear the air. So I told my daughter because she was with her I said you can tell her this, she’s welcome to stop by and try to clear the air she hasn’t done so for countless years. She hasn’t bothered with emails call cards nothing. Her other granddaughter doesn’t know her doesn’t want anything to do with her at this point in time. So if she decide she doesn’t want to show up at our door she may as well not bother anymore. You’re not gonna be a part of somebody’s life for a moment and then fucking leave it again. We have done everything on our end for contact in such. My husband every once in a while she’ll message him on Facebook. With our daughter who’s older, she’s on her Facebook page and making comments that are totally inappropriate to her about things my daughter posts. My daughter doesn’t post about her life she doesn’t really do that, when she does post it’s just like a comment here or her comment there. She pays attention to her status for her relationships and such. Personally it’s none of her business why she’s commenting on this that the other. She does it anyway, she could easily send her a message and ask her about things but you and said she can daughter for being rude and is no I liked his mother never had an issue with her at all. I thought she wouldn’t like me from the gecko, when she did I was completely floored and surprised but after that we had been treated now I understand why his ex didn’t like her either. She is all about her daughter and her granddaughter in that side of her daughters family but nothing to truly do with our side. Given our history with my husband side of the family I can understand why they think they do about her. If your sister-in-law wants to be petty and your husband doesn’t address it and you don’t address it, it’s going to get worse. Nip that shit in the bud.

Well at least she’s honest, mine will act all nice and then go talk behind my back, hell no, my husband doesn’t like her either so he has my back on telling her to F-off the next time she visits :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well that’s rude… your husband should send her cards back to her because that’s like allowing her to disrespect your entire relationship! It is not up to her who her brother is with and regardless of how she feels about you there should be a certain amount of respect given to you both as a couple! My husband loves his sisters…his dad died when they were very young so it was just him and his mom and sisters so he’s the only man in their life and they didn’t like me at first and were kinda rude and bratty and he made it very clear that he wasn’t gonna tolerate the bs… If my sister did that to my husband I would send it back and give her a call and he would do the same for me…

She made it clear she doesn’t like you, what more do you want

5 Likes

I only have one sister in law left. Since we are older we don’t get together much but she is a sweet lady

You can’t convince her to like you confronting her about it. Id send them back or if you want to play games, do the same back to her :woman_shrugging:

I’m sorry you’re feeling hurt sweetie, but you can’t make people like you. Just continue to love the family.
LOVE conquers ALL :revolving_hearts::pray:

I have been so extremely fortunate my sister in law (Pat Hamill) has accepted me from the very beginning so I can’t comprehend this behavior. Good luck sweetie

Just shows how petty and immature she is, she has to go out of her way and do little things like that, she can’t be a big girl and include you despite her feelings :relieved:

2 Likes

I personally would let it go but probably wouldn’t have anything to do with her. As far as any gifts for her the husband would have to purchase.

1 Like

That would hurt me as well but your husband should take a stand for you.

4 Likes

Next time she does it, just be nice, smile, and say thank you for the card :joy: kill her with kindness

4 Likes

Do the same? I know it’s not right, but maybe she’ll get the point that it’s just rude if you treat her the same. Some people won’t learn any other way.

Oh the good old sister in laws C*nts is what I prefer to call them :joy: kill that B!tch with kindness

Start giving them back to her unopened. Tell her they were sent to the wrong address because your address includes your name. And if she hand-delivers them, even better. Make it known to your husband(That should already be aware) that This behavior from his sister is unacceptable.

4 Likes

I’d do the same back, prove a point you know she’s playing mind games I’d invite the others qround and not her prove a point and your husband should have said something :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Sounds to me like she’s just petty. I would ignore it and consider yourself lucky you don’t have to buy her a gift, either lol

2 Likes

ur husband should be the one 2 talk 2 her. he can tell her he feels hurt & he feels it is disrespectful.

3 Likes

Send her husband and kid a gift j.k. tell your husband how you feel maybe he really don’t get it and ask if he will deal with the issue I get it I have been married to my husband 11 yrs together 13 and my inlaws just now except I’m mot going any where so they have eased up on my they got kinda brutal for a min. But we are much better now

Treat her the same way

2 Likes

Some people will never grow up.

1 Like

ITS her problem not yours , My motherin lawuse to ring onthe pnone to speak to my husband not me would just ask for him …IF I SAID ANYTHING I WAS THE WORST IN THE WORLD I INNORE HER …

She sounds like a blast.
I had a nightmare one for years. Makes your girl look nice. Then she got a DUI/murder charge. So ya know. Karma lol. Your husband should mention this. He should have already mentioned this.

Do the same to her sothat she can get the message

You’ll never win against a petty person like that. Just ignore her and don’t give her your time or energy. That behavior is extremely immature.

8 Likes

It’s never going to end anyway. If she doesn’t like you…she doesn’t like you it’s as simple as that. Like mama always said…kill her with kindness and be the better person. I’d get my revenge by being syrupy sweet and every time my family received a gift/card I’d send a thank you card signed by me only. Keep your head up and don’t even acknowledge her childish nonsense. She’s looking for a reaction so give her one….smile (while laughing at her inside). :rofl::grinning::v::woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

Kill her with kindness, be the better person.

3 Likes

Someone who has a weird & strained relationship with my bro & sis in law TAKE IT PERSONAL BUT LET IT GO! That’s exactly how I felt with my in laws, always wanted to hang out with my husband but if I was around it was a EXCUSE… Jealousy exists & it takes 1 thing for them to change their perspective of you… My sis in law and I don’t talk to each other… She very small minded to me & how she thinks the world should serve her… I had to finally end my relationship with them because of all the previous time they left me out or have said hurtful things to me… What really made that choice for me was finding out they BOTH talk shit about me & my sister in law called my 8month old son at the time “developmentally delayed” when she watched him only 4 times…
Take what people actions & what they say as a reflection of where you stand in their lives… She doesn’t include you, well she doesn’t want to include you, she doesn’t see you as family or view as his wife…
Since I’ve ended the relationship with my bro & sis in law they NEVER reach out or ASK how were are doing how my son is, I REALIZED IT WAS ALL MY SENDING THE TEXTS, CHECKING IN ON HER! WANTING TO SEE IF THE COUSINS WANT TO HAVE A PLAYDATE. ALL ME!
And in reality you wouldn’t want that relationship because of how ONE SIDED it truly is…
I hope my experience can help pick out anything helpful… Family dynamics are hard…

Me and my sister in law kinda can’t stand each other but we have always put our differences to the side because of her kids and my kids. She’s an amazing aunt but there’s some things we both disagree on with certain things. She still includes me and I still include her. Talk to her. Let her know that you don’t like her just as much as she doesn’t like you but she needs to put her issues to the side when it comes to family events and holidays.

1 Like

I would let it go ,show her it dont bother you,and that you are completely happy without her liking you,i wouldnt purchase any gifts for her ,i would make that clear to my husband,if you want her to have a gift for any occassion that he has to go out and purchase it,and that you dont want your name on it ,it is only to be from him and the kids,and then just go on with life like she dont exist, give her no reaction,thats what i would do

5 Likes

Your husband should take a stand with her. When my SIL was disrespectful to me, my husband immediately put his foot down and made it known he would not put up with disrespect toward his wife. She got mad and we have not heard from her in over 5 years. That was her choice.

7 Likes

as hurtful as it is, I would not even mention it as that is what she wants you to do, don’t let her know that it gets to you.

1 Like

Never let someone else’s actions determine your reaction….
Stay the high road, always- you’ll sleep well and your husband and children will admire you for it.
Stop requiring validation from others that are not worth your time, or your energy. :heart::100::v:t2:

7 Likes

Make sure you include her in EVERYTHING. Put her first on lists or cards, send an extra little greeting just for her. It’ll drive her nuts. :rofl:

“My wonderful sister” too, not even “in law”.

14 Likes

That’s rude AF. I’d never let people treat my significant other that way. Your husband should have put a hard stop to this kind of bs years ago.

I was in the same boat I started not caring and let it go

1 Like

Haven’t spoken to my in laws in like 3 1/2 years cause of all their drama like this…I just let it go and not let them or their actions bother me…it’s not worth the time to worry bout why people don’t like you…or that’s how I feel…you do you!

1 Like

Have we learned nothing from middle school? Bullies NEED a reaction from you… don’t fall for it and give her the petty come-back reaction she wants. She’ll try to turn it against you like you’re the crazy person. I like the comment that said to send her a thank you card signed by you. That’s the nicest way to say “I see you’re being petty and attempting to get under my skin but it won’t work” :facepunch:t3:

8 Likes

I would put her at the forefront of AAALLLL of my family plans.
-First one to know
-First one invited
Shower her with kindness. Eventually, she will either quit being a petty child, or she will show her true colors.

8 Likes

Your husband should say something to her on how she treats you. Not acceptable.

13 Likes

Just enjoy those gift cards. You won’t be able to make her like you but you can enjoy endless salad at an Olive Garden.

5 Likes

Let it go. Be civil but I’d let go of the dream of being friends. I haven’t spoken to or seen my sister in law in over 5yrs and honestly it’s for the best bc she’s an awful person. My husband stood up for me until I decided to go no contact and now it just is what it is. It helps that he can’t stand her either lol

3 Likes

Let it go, she’s rude & uncaring evidentially

She’s an @$$, I 'd just say bless your little heart. She’s too childish to be a friend. People like that never change. My temper would get the better of me.

She sounds childish but don’t stoop to her level be kind show her otherwise even if anything doesn’t change at least you know you did the right thing I don’t really understand this I’m really close to my sister-in-law’s and my brother-in-law but I’d say turn the other cheek

1 Like

You can’t control what she does. You can only control how you choose to act on what she does.

3 Likes

Let it go. It is what it is. Don’t try forcing anything because you already know how she feels. Be civil because that’s all you can do at this point.

Get over it. People are so petty these days

Cards: return to sender.
Block all communication, and don’t allow your children contact. If Hubs has a problem with it, he obviously condones her behavior and perhaps should go stay with her for a while…
Its not as if your the new fling. You are his wife of several years already. If she can’t accept you, she needs no part of your life either. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

It’s always ok to love from far, not everyone of his is your family and doesn’t have to like you. Also you have your husband you don’t have to like any of your in laws , also also having a big heart and being a petiole person will make that super hard because i was exactly the same way, I questioned a lot and I cried but with it without them my life is the same and it doesn’t bother me one but since I let that go, just be civil it’s easier on you , knowing you’re not the bad guy, big hugs

I’d invite her to coffee and lay it on the line kindly. I’d talk to my husband in advance but the message would be you will treat me with respect or stop engaging my children in any way. Not rude, no animosity… just done.

Put your name on whatever she sends take a picture and tag her in the post saying "absolutely amazing " or thank you for sending our family your card! Be passive aggressive just like her turn the tables lol

11 Likes

Nobody, and I mean nobody, is obligated to give you anything. Especially if you do not get along.

I couldn’t imagine not getting along with my sil or mil as I adore them both it wasn’t always like that though the first couple years none of his family liked me because I’m that girl that has no filter and I do not allow anyone to walk on me and they had only heard rumors we are from a very small hick town so rumor has it so it must be true kind of thing so after I let it known that not a 1 of them would be openly disrespecting me as I will not allow it and once they seen the change in their son and brother as I got him to quit drinking and to get his G.E.D and then he got a great job all because I didn’t preach at him and I simply told him it’s me and his kids from another relationship or he could have the whiskey and continue to go kniw where but I wouldn’t be a part of that he made a choice that was 17 years ago been together almost 20 this year and now my mil and sil are like mother and daughter and sisters I can go to her for anything both of them and they don’t pick sides they tell us both if we are acting childish lol I wish others had this as iam truly blessed

1 Like

Your strength is the issue !! And your good heart and these are values that threaten these types of personalities . Have a good heart to heart with your husband and then take action!! No one I mean no one is worth this kind of stress in your life !! I truly wish you joy and happiness and most of all a solution !!

2 Likes

It’s unfortunately all jealousy!! I was in this situation a longgggg time ago!! it’s sooo hard and ridiculous to deal with!!

Kill her with kindness. She has the problem. Don’t let her mean ways change you. Rise above it. I know it hurts but stop caring about it. You will feel better. It’s always better to nice than right. Good luck.

3 Likes

I would imagine if you start addressing gift cards and such to just her husband she might feel the same way you do​:woman_shrugging:t4::joy:

12 Likes

Belittling behavior on her part and she has ostracized you. Do what feels healthy for you. Ignore her, call her out, have your husband address the matter or simply return to sender…

2 Likes

Good thing is, you aren’t truly related & you don’t have to have anything to do with her if you don’t want.
Ignore the invites, return the Christmas cards, act as if you are strangers when you are in a function together.
She will get the hint she’s not much “cared for” either :wink:

4 Likes

I think u should, tell ur husband to tell her to include u or nobody from ur kids or husband, me andmy sister in law had that and we let it go. I dnt tell her everything or trust her just family relationship that’s it

1 Like

very sad anyone who uses this on a family is cruel.

1 Like

My ex sisters-in-law never liked me and I never did anything to either of them. Eventually their brother and I divorced after 18 years of marriage. I can’t say it was all because of them, but they were not blameless. I have forgiven them and him for all the hurt they caused me. I forgave them not for them, but for me.

3 Likes

This is honestly a matter for your hubby to address. He has to correct it and let her know that while she may not like you she should respect you. It’s disrespectful to send things to your house with the intent to hurt your feelings and exclude you. Address everyone or don’t send a card. If she doesn’t want to send you a gift that’s fine, but the rest is a big fat NO.

10 Likes

My mom has had the same issue w her youngest brothers wife. She’s a btch. Plain and simple. It’s only you being excluded be the bigger person and screw off

1 Like

Harley Rider you marry someone like this I’ll not only fight her but you as well

2 Likes

Mail them back to her unopened and stop addressing her in things

9 Likes

That’s why my husband and I do not go around most of his family! When adults stop bullying is when kids stop bullying!

6 Likes

I also made a shirt to wear at our last get together we went to. It said the following……
……If you can’t speak to me, don’t speak to my husband……

7 Likes

Ignore her . She had no class. By ignoring her you are letting her know that you are a classy lady.

7 Likes

Honey, it never will end. Don’t waste your time trying to change the spots on a leopard. What’s more important is how does your husband react to her nasty behavior? If he ignores or trivializes it then you have some bigger problems. I would not confront her, just do not agree to participate in her nasty game. Let your husband deal with sister witch, she’s his problem not yours. Be as absent as possible. Silence and distance speak a lot louder than you think. Good luck. :blush:

2 Likes

Chances are it won’t ever end. Let it go. I’m not saying she’s in the right. I am saying I highly doubt you getting upset and addressing it to her is going to make her like you more or make her stop showing it in a petty way. Be the bigger happier person and don’t even let her nor her opinion be a blip on her radar, in fact be so happy that you say things like "thanks for inviting us, we really appreciate it. And mean it. Even if she’s petty enough to try to correct or point out aggressively that you weren’t technically invited. Steal her joy. She has no sane reason to be aggressive to someone being nice to her. Others will eventually see it and stop associating with her.

3 Likes

She’s being passive aggressive, but just remember the one that cares the least wins, so just have fun at family gatherings and act like she doesn’t exist.

4 Likes

I’m petty so I would start doing the same to her. When there is a family get together I would acknowledge and say hi to every single person but her. She wants to act like I’m invisible she can be invisible to me too.

5 Likes

She must get satisfaction out of ignoring you. Try to not react and she may stop when she sees you are not acting like a child also.

1 Like

Treat ignorance with ignorance ignore her works way better than arguing.

2 Likes

I absolutely hate my sister-in-law. She’s made my brothers life and my mothers life a living hell for so long. I never call or text her, I always go through my brother if I’m inviting them over for anything. I still include her but her nasty comments on things get a good swift nasty comment back. Like, I won’t tolerate it like my mom will. So she doesn’t come at me anymore. I will say however, I won’t go out of my way to be mean to her, I just counter her passive aggressive behavior. She’s slowly learned that she doesn’t phase me anymore and so she’s backed off. It happens. I almost feel it’s a territorial thing.

1 Like

Young one - you are giving her what she wants - a reaction- don’t allow her drama influence your life. Be the adult and let her be petty -

6 Likes

I think it already ended If that’s the way she feels can you make somebody like you? My mom used to say you can never make anybody like you good luck i feel your pain It’s not easy

2 Likes

Ignore her, if she wants to be a bitch let her, show her that you are a classy lady.

The only way that it will end is to ignore it and never associate with her again . My exes family was this very same way except he never stood up for me and that’s one reason we divorced even though he didn’t want to .If your husband supports you then you will be just fine if not it will cause marriage problems, talk to him before your relationship ends up broken :broken_heart:

1 Like

Do the same to her, see if she likes it ? OR… plan B, call her and gush about the card she sent YOU !!! ETC.

3 Likes

Let it go. Leaving you alone is ok. If she doesn’t like you, why would you want contact with her. Indifference is much better than trying to make her like you.

2 Likes

U be kind I know it hurts but two wrongs don’t make a right!

1 Like

You’re not overreacting. I know people like this, who do it to me :joy: I do laugh about it now, although in the beginning it hurt my feelings.
As adults, we know full well what we’re doing, things like that aren’t innocent mistakes.
I always say believe who people are when they show you.
I would be just as distant, removed and impersonal as she treats you. I get it, you don’t want to be like that but you have to unfortunately. Don’t let people mistreat you. But do it without animosity, just matter-of-fact. It can be done, with practice😉

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d tell her to munch a :eggplant:, and never acknowledge her existence
again.

Let it go who cares its childish never lower urself to other people’s standards it is what it is

1 Like