My sister is trying to keep my nephew from me and I feel like something isn't right: Thoughts?

Call child protective services and get him check! He may just miss you! The more she sees you want to see him the more she will keep him from you! Be brave and explain to your nephew that you can’t see each other and give him lots of hugs and kisses when you do see him! And don’t make a fuss with your sister she is making her bed and then she will lay in it! She has to make her own mistakes and she will soon know what she has been so blind to see!

Suck it up. Whatever the problem with your sister and her fiance…put it aside so you can see your nephew.

1 Like

Kids don’t want their moms sometimes. Sounds like he would rather be with his fun aunt.
I would do the same when my mom came to pick me up from my grandmas. My son does the same to me.

If she is retaliating from y’all’s fight by keeping him from you then that is her way of dealing with it. It may not be right, but she is his mom. Maybe she feels like she’s punishing you somehow…not nice but still her choice.
I personally would feel very offended if my sister didn’t like my fiancé.

Try to not disagree with your sister, be friends, and then you can see if more invasive steps need to be taken

This sounds like the isolation stage of an abusive relationship. It’s really tough to get someone to understand what is happening. The more you push the more he hammers into her you are a threat and can’t be trusted. Makes me sad for everyone involved.

Almost exact situation I went through with my sister after the birth of my nephew. We did the CPS route, CPS does not and will not continue to investigate after they make their first visit. If everything appears on the up and up they do nothing. We called them multiple times with different incidents if concern over the course of a few months. They are worthless and caused more issues for us than it was worth. My husband is an investigator and we surveillanced the boyfriend for a week. Then we were in their apartment and found 9 burner phones with conversations with other women and other things on the computer. Involving the pending sale of my nephew with a black market adoption. We confronted my sister with the info, she broke up with him that day. But we had to go over to her apartment to help get him out, luckily he was not on the lease and he is a coward. He threatened me and my sister, so my husband calmly and forcefully exited the boyfriend out… We never saw him again. After further investigating he was already married and had two children in Louisiana. If I were you I would hire a private investigator to watch him for a bit and gather any shady activity he does. I guarantee someone that controlling will be doing other activities that are not in line with the relationship he has with your sister. We literally stopped a 20/20 episode from happening. That d-bag was going to sell my nephew and had plans of getting rid of my sister if she caused trouble. He isolated my sister from family and friends methodically and in a very short time frame. Obviously we were in a worse case scenario but none the less this bizarre, can’t happen to me, stuff happens to real people. Get a private investigator.

If you’re really concerned about the child’s safety/wellbeing then call cps… that’s all you can do at this point.

13 Likes

Stop putting dick before y’alls kids :woman_facepalming:t3: Ugh. I’d call for a wellness check, he could just not like him (fiancé) over small reasons or something really serious could be happening. Don’t want to find out when it’s too late. Good luck :heart:

12 Likes

Unfortunately in this situation all you can do is call CPS.

5 Likes

Let it go time will teach her a lesson about family

2 Likes

There’s nothing you can do (unless abuse is the subject). It sucks that any sibling would deliberately hurt their own child because they’re mad at you. Smh

1 Like

ask the police to do a welfare check.

3 Likes

The only thing you can do is report it to CPS if you really think there is abuse going on. Other than that there is nothing you can do. You have no legal rights to the child.

5 Likes

If the boys father is in the picture you could reach out to him and possibly he could step in see what’s going on least you would have a little peace of mind If he isnt them a well check by police

7 Likes

Have him talk to someone, find out the real reason.
Bottom line it could be because he has more freedom and fun with you.
But if they just have their family thing going, step aside. Not to be rude.
If it a situation where he is scared then get to the bottom of it asap.

4 Likes

Talk to your sister. Communication is key. Focus on your own life. Sounds like she’s just doing her right now. Maybe you should mind your own business.

6 Likes

You could call CPS, but I doubt they could do anything without a valid reason for concern. Unfortunately, they cant normally go into a home because of a “feeling” that something isnt right… But you could try.

I say call cps tgis is where they need to get involved and if thing are bad your nephew will be taken from the home

3 Likes

I did this once because I was deeply concerned for a little girls life. Her mother was a hoarder and there was mold everywhere in reach of the child.

Call cps or for wellness check to the police

1 Like

Damn y’all are so fast to call cps for anything, the kid could just be mad that he got grounded or can’t play video games or something, and the sister might just be busy making her new family, looks like sister is no longer needed since there’s a new man in her life, not saying it’s right, but sis needs to realize that’s not her kid

8 Likes

When my sister started keeping my niece and nephew away from family it turned out she was using intravenous drugs and brainwashing the kids to think they were dying. Your situation may be different but the fact that your nephew has told you he didn’t want to go with his mother is very worrying. I would call police for a wellness check and notify child protective service. Better safe than sorry.

3 Likes

damn… cant believe all the cps suggestions :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2: once a file is open they will mess with you for life. id be pissed an keep my kid away forever if i found out my family tried to pull that on me

7 Likes

Why does. Child always get hurt because of jealousy or The parent really don’t care what it does to the child mentally only think of themselves .:

Don’t listen to people saying to mind your business, especially if there is a little child involved who can’t really speak for themselves! If you truly feel he is being abused call cps, better to be safe and have your sister upset then something happen to him

4 Likes

Talk to your sister in a way to try and heal the relationship. I don’t bring my kids around negative relationships either… just apologize and work it out. Don’t call CPS until you know for sure that he’s in harm’s way. It could really bite you in the ass.

1 Like

I suggest a welfare check from police.

It could be a sign somethings up. It could be a sign he just missed you. But if your worried, better safe then sorry. I certainly wouldn’t want to find out something’s happened and did nothing. If your gut is telling you somethings wrong then check. I’d rather ask forgiveness then permission :two_hearts:

6 Likes

She is not taking him from you… “he” is taking “them” from you. Most probably she has to be home and nowhere else which means no more time for her family and she will lie about that. Its easier for a woman to lie and blame someone or something else to protect her relationship and herself (out of fear)
Always reassure her u are there for her. at anytime she may need you and if she is in trouble and thinks your mad she will think she can not come to you for help. Apologize to her for any wrong doing and support her decisions. Build her trust for you because she will need you and to save her u need the trust.

6 Likes

I think you not liking her fiancé is clouding your judgement. A child could say he doesn’t want to go with his mom because of a number of things. My nephew does it too because he likes to play at my house with his cousins. Unless you see actual signs of abuse, stay in your lane. When family members find someone they like someone else in the family seems to not like it and it causes a riff between the family members. It seems as if you haven’t given him a chance. She may be happy and didn’t want your negativity to bring her down with her relationship and that could be why she’s backing away from you, not because of him🤷🏼‍♀️

5 Likes

You need to do a welfare check on your nephew. If he has said that more than once something is going on. I hope you get it figured out on what id going on

3 Likes

What the hell is Cyps?

Its not Cyps. Its Cyfs…child youth and family and their is no cyfs anymore.

Its now oranga tamariki.
If you call them they go an do a check of the house, sometimes they do a check of the child looking for signs of abuse. Also depending on the age of the child the child can be questioned too. But they have to tell you they are coming in advance they cant just show up to your house.

I’m sorry but a new, controlling bf has a lot of warning bells going off for me.

6 Likes

I agree have a well fare check done on your nephew call CPS

1 Like

Something doesn’t sound right. I think he’s controlling her and forcing the marriage even. It all sounds sketchy and especially since the child doesn’t want to go with her is a huge flag.

2 Likes

My neighbors son does this sometimes. He just doesn’t want to leave. He has to much fun, so he begs not to go home. Nothing wrong at home.

1 Like

I think its best to simply ask your nephew in private why he do not won’t to go with his mom? Then you’ll know what you need to do :pray:

6 Likes

My god. The amount of people willing to call CPS because they have feelings against the sisters fiancee is crazy some people know the one from day one, doesnt mean they’re crazy. One person’s “controlling” may not be the others idea of controlling. For example, me checking in with my husband before I do something is considered that he’s controlling, no I’m just considerate and check before I make plans. Him refusing to let her leave the house or work is controlling, them building a family is not wrong. My almost 7 year old doesnt want to come home from school literally just because school is more fun than home at times. Be willing to never see that child again if you call CPS over a dang feeling.

8 Likes

Auntie,
CPS adoptive parent here, Before you go calling 911, ask yourself some questions
Is the baby well fed?
Is the baby clean?
Wearing clean clothes?
Did he have any sign of physical trauma?
My advice is this, If dad is in the picture reach out to him,voice your concerns, Ask if he’s experiencing the same difficulties. If you have a name for the new BF get on the computer get a background check, MAKE a surprise visit with a relative, your eyes will tell you if CPS needs to be involved.

9 Likes

Is there someone who knows both of you that can mediate? I do feel something is not right but if you call cops or the city agency it may totally sever your relationship with your nephew. You get more with honey rather than vinegar. Also see if you can speak to your nephew alone. See if he would tell you why he doesn’t want to be at the house with his mother and her fiancé. Where is the boys father ? Can you share your feelings with him?

2 Likes

Call the cops and ask them to do a welfare check on him

1 Like

Sounds like an abusive situation to me!!!

Sounds like something is definitely wrong why is he crying why doesn’t he want to go with his mother I don’t know you that I feel for this little boy I think you should talk to a police officer about this situation before something happens lots of prayers for this young man sounds like he’s afraid of something

Maybe she’s had enough of all the dramas don’t call cps that’s harsh my daughters say they wanna be with nanny all the time I don’t hurt them on any way shape or form

1 Like

Call the school and tell them and they could push the issue as well as get cps involved and u as family can do so many things to try and figure out anything to help ur sister as well as ur nephew their lives could b in the very balance of ur actions i know from experience i use to havw a controlling man in my life who beat on me behind closed doors noone knew anything and i was so scared he would kill me for leaving and track me down or if they threatened the kids life if i left ur sister will either thank u or u can rest easy knowinf that they r both safe or at least ur nephew cuz if state feela he is unsafe they do give family first option to take the children

How old is your nephew?

Try to make up with yr sister & dnt say anymore about her fiancee. Why dnt you go over when he’s not there & her and the boy are, & they to patch things up. Make an excuse for going . Take a Christmas trinket or something. A cake. Whatever. Bury the hatchet. I think you alk need each other. Tell her you miss her sons visits & dnt talk about the guy to him. Get yr relationship back. How about asking if you can take him to a Christmas movie. Good luck with this problem.

1 Like

Bashing your sisters fiance will push her away from you. IF this is truly a dangerous situation you need to be there for her & your nephew. She needs to feel she can confide in you without judgement. You need to keep your cool and try to assess this situation more. Talk to your nephew and find out WHY he gets upset like that. There could be a problem at home, or he could just be having a rough time adjusting to sharing his mama with a man, or he could just miss you. Hold off on calling authorities until you assess the situation more yourself.

3 Likes

Well fare check asap!! The worst that can happen is they find nothing and you feel guilty about ringing them out… gut feelings should always be listened to especially when kids are involved…

4 Likes

Call for a well fare check. Call the cops

2 Likes

I think you should have someone check in on them. It could be as simple as your nephew not liking the new guy, or something serious could be going on. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!! I hope your sister and nephew are both ok.

2 Likes

You need to report this asap because a child does not act like this for no reason

4 Likes

Call for a welfare check. Please be your nephews voice! You sound like a very good and loving auntie. Dont sit back and wait until it’s too late. Be his light in his darkness. I hope he gets the help and protection he needs and deserves. Praying for you

3 Likes

Call, child protective services. They can talk to the boy and see what’s going on there will be a full investigation

Could be the fiance controlling her.dont give up on your sis and nephew and find out what’s going on.send social services if the need arises.

1 Like

Before I even finished reading it I already had “CPS” in mind.

Do y’all realize that CPS is an extremely flawed and ineffective organization?

6 Likes

Try to show support if you can, you don’t know the whole situation and she could be in trouble too. He could be maipulating her, threatening her, or she’s just not a great parent but you don’t know that. Get close, be someone she can reach out too, and intervene when you see any signs of physical abuse. Emotional abuse is hard to prove, and calling CPS without proof might just make them cut off contact with you or move away where you won’t be able to help your sister or your nephew. Also, physical abusers tend to have a history of abusing their sibilings as well, think about if she ever hurt or threatened you.

2 Likes

Good lord her fiancés name isn’t David is it??

Women, be aware of control freaks, especially when you have children. I am stating from my experience.

1 Like

Something could be happening at home call CPS have them do a check up on them never know if hes being hurt by them

Bring in somebody who has a “weight” in the family. The mom? Dad? Grandma?
Once cps is involved then it’s just going to get worse for both of you. Too many people jumping the cps bandwagon. Y’all didn’t even know the other side of the story🤦‍♀️.

1 Like

Where is the boy’s father? Maybe he can get to the bottom of this if he’s in the child’s life.

3 Likes

Well fare check for sure. If the boy is old.enough they can talk to him and find out how hes feeling.

1 Like

Try to speak with het and ask whats going on and that you’re worried about this Situation if she dont wanna listen tell her you make the next step and contact the cps!

Far too often something like this wont be taken seriously. Do the right thing something is very wrong here. Good luck xxx

1 Like

Maybe he just missed you very much and that’s why he didn’t want to go with her. :heart:

2 Likes

Ppl stop saying call CPS. They are CORRUPT and sooooo flawed. Please go to my page and see how horrible CPS really is. Please don’t just call CPS on ppl. If it’s family March your ass over there with other family members and go check on them. Please God don’t call cps

4 Likes

I am a child advocate on abuse within cps. Please don’t ever call them unless you know for a million percent a child is being abused or you risk breaking up a family over a bonus check for them.

4 Likes

Definitely try to repair the relationship with your sister FIRST.
Please don’t call CPS on a whim.
Take her out for coffee something. Make sure she knows you can be here safe place if she ever needs it.

4 Likes

That’s what every fucking mom does not caring how the kid feels about it like why she gotta get the kid involved that’s petty and annoying

1 Like

But you should talk to the boy and see why he feels that way

I’d be seeking a welfare check, They will talk to the child, And hopefully he has the confidence to say what’s wrong if there is anything, They’ll also be able to tell if he is distressed and withholding.

1 Like

Always listen to kids when they say this, always. Shit, talk to her again and if you still get bad vibes call cps. Most they’ll do is a visit or two and if they catch nothing, they go away.

1 Like

If this is just an arguments between sisters about a guy then there is not much you can do. If you get the police or DCF involved then you could lose yr sister and newphew for good. If you true believe he is not safe and he is being neglected or abused then call it in ASAP. Is there another family member you can talk to?

Hopefully it’s that. Watch for signs of abuse. Especially with little boy

wish my children had loving aunties nearby. if your parents are available to intervene, i would try that before CPS. whatever happens, be prepared to love them both when they come back around.

Could this be directed at the bf more so than her?
I think if shes allowing her bf in her sons life there can be times hes alone with the boy. Or maybe something happened he feels he cant really talk to her about.
Cause that does happen. Maybe hes not getting attention from her.
I’m trying to think in a way that your sister wouldn’t purposely put her own son in danger. Like do you honestly think your sister is like that. Cause as much as it is possible to say something is going on it’s also possible for someone to be making serious accusations from the fact that the child doesn’t want to go with their mom. I think it really depends on alot here and you cant solely say one thing or the other. Need to try and figure out why his comfort level isn’t all there. Especially if this is within the time of the bf. This is your sister not some stranger. Yall should have a level of communications and trust that you can have these talks.
I just wouldn’t jump the gun on it. My kids whine and wanna stay with nana and sissy. Doesn’t mean I’m home abusing my kid.
It can be a number of things. But I’d try not to assume the worst.

2 Likes

Think it through and pray on it. If you call do it anonymously. The child could be tired…not getting his way with mom…just having a hard time adjusting. Follow your gutt but tread carefully. If you are what he feels safe with then don’t risk not being in his life …

Do not call cps, get a welfare check from the police first.

1 Like

Mend your relationship with your sister first, then you will have an opening to talk to the boy and find out what’s really going on. If my sister called CPS or the cops on me, I would cut her off instantly and completely and never speak to her again.

2 Likes

If you are concern of your nephews safety yes GO TO DHS CHILD PROTECTION ACTIVATE SOMETHING SO THEY BOTH KNOW THEY ARE BEING INVESTIGATED

Ok, I totally don’t have time to go through all the comments…but after what I did read I will say:

First off…4 months is pretty darn fast (I did come close to it ONCE and now realize how much of an idiot I was)

Secondly:
I know a LOT of people are against the idea of calling protective services, but you need to remember that in most areas (as far as I know) 1 call to protective services will go no further than a quick drop in (if it even gets that far) unless there is record of concern for the child’s welfare already in the system.

Finally, I will throw this tidbit of info in here as people tend to forget:

Child protective services exist to PROTECT CHILDREN!

I probably wouldn’t even be alive today if it wasn’t for protective services. As is the same for way to many children in the world. CPS and other programs like it have saved so many children’s lives. And they also help parents become more suitable for their children. When I was little CPS sent workers to help clean our home even. They can be a great resource to parents that need a little help getting to the point their children need them at.

Do what you feel is best, you are the child’s family. Nobody knows this situation better than you.

1 Like

Call child services and should investigate immediately

Highly likely that both your sister and nephew are abuse victims. It’s in the control.

Is there signs of abuse? Does he want to stay with you because you’re the fun aunt and you let him get away with stuff his mom won’t?? Have you asked him directly why he doesn’t want to go with her? Are you just being petty? So many questions. Getting CPS involved could be signing your nephews life away. Do you know how often kids that are taken from their parents end up abused in the system. Seriously think about your nephews future before you start something you can’t fix later. Kids die, are sexually sold, mentally and physically abused all while in the care CPS and their affiliates.

1 Like

According to the FBI, more than half of trafficked children in America were in the care of social services when they disappeared. That is a damning statistic for a system whose sole purpose is to keep children safe.

He may just feel the the tension between the two of u and doesn’t know what else to do he shouldn’t be in the middle like you said u r not the parent if u truly love him u should let go he’ll come back to u when he can

Just because he wants you doesn’t mean something is wrong,maybe he misses you therefore wants to go with you instead.you need to find out what’s going on first within the family without involving others.