My sisters baby tested positive for COVID: Advice?

I’ll pray for joyful child, may God bless you all

1 Like

How…why…!!!

Prayers is the answer

1 Like

I pray for a quick recovery :pray: and I pray for peace for your sister.

3 Likes

If she is breastfeeding DO IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! If not it doesnt matter just keep that baby hydrated and hopefully she gets a nebulizer.

11 Likes

Did she (the mom) and the house hold members get tested too? If they’re negative and didn’t have any visitors, I’d retest. And if she doesn’t have symptoms, that’s good and if she does, I’ll be praying for the baby.

14 Likes

Watch her closely, have her pediatrician give her a nebulizer with solution called albuterol ipratropium (just to have on hand)steam showers, all that matters rn is to watch her closely and make sure her breathing doesn’t worsen. My sister and her family have it and my sister was admitted today. She’s on day 9 with COVID19 and her breathing became worst and labored. Her kids did the above and helped.

4 Likes

Breastfeeding is so good because it has antibodies to fight whatever infection may be attacking the babies nervous system

7 Likes

No but please keep her hydrated milk and juice and eating baby food. And let her get plenty rest. Prayers

4 Likes

Poor baby! My only suggestion would be to get a pediatric pulse ox and check her levels regularly, no ibuprofen… Tylenol only.

1 Like

Sending prayers for your baby and you as well as family…keep the faith…you will get through it…take care​:hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

God protect this little one. Pls keep baby hydrated. Sending prayers your way

2 Likes

I don’t trust those test… they wanted to test my son (18 months) but I refused

2 Likes

We are currently waiting on our test result for my 3 yo. What symptoms was the baby having ?

There have been so many false positives, I wouldn’t even trust the test unless she’s actually having symptoms.

45 Likes

The rapid test has sooooo many false positives. Recommend the full test if they are worried.

6 Likes

Dr. Told me to keep breastfeeding with mask. Fever only lasted almost 1 1/2 day.

3 Likes

A lot of false positive test made to build up the cases

7 Likes

Tell her they reported today that they believe it’s airborne

1 Like

Advice…listen to the pediatrician. Not facebook doctors and nonprofessionals.

50 Likes

Keep the baby hydrated… Pedialyte!!! Water… NO JUICE!!!

2 Likes

Go somewhere else and get a second test they have a lot of false positives they are not reporting

1 Like

Chicken soup(better for you if it’s homemade), oj, vitamin D

1 Like

Omg all is got is prayers

False positive? Retest

1 Like

The common cold will show up as corona virus, it comes from the same strain. Keep baby hydrated, get sunshine during peak UV hours (10am-4pm) and rest.

9 Likes

My son got it at 27 days old. We had only been to the pediatrician for his circumcision check up, didn’t go anywhere else with him. My biggest advice would be to get the device that checks babies oxygen levels to make sure she can breath. My poor baby died twice from lack of oxygen and thankfully he was at the hospital in good hands.

2 Likes

How many times have we taken our children into the doctor’s office, urgent care and/or the emergency room because they’re sick with a fever? And what did the doctors usually tell you? They tell you it’s probably just a viral infection and you have to let it run its course. Keep your child hydrated and give them Tylenol or Motrin to help with the fever and other symptoms. Corona virus is no different. Of course it affects those who have pre-existing conditions Just like all the other viruses in the world.

2 Likes

My sister and bro in law had it in my niece tested negative… She 9 months old . drink lots of tea ginger , liquids, chicken broth, the vick machine on at night my sis felt weaker at night .

Dr Richard Bartlett in Texas swears by early testing & an inexpensive Nebulizer treatment as he said he starts that right away. An inhaler won’t give the same results. He also puts his patients on an antibiotic to keep a secondary bacterial pneumonia from developing. I too would insist on another test ASAP. Prayers for the Baby & Family.

Vitamin c and sunlight

1 Like

Bunch of bullshit false positives sending people into a frenzy. If the baby doesn’t have symptoms, baby should be tested again.

I’m so sorry, prayers :pray:t3:

Will be okay my daughter had the Coronavirus when she was 3 months she is now 3 years old lots of fluids baths motrin Tylenol a little Vick’s vapor rub on the feet with some socks did the trick

20 Likes

As reports go, people forget about their clothing can get contaminated. It’s not the Mama’s fault.

The kids I know had zero symptoms.

My friends kid had it with no symptoms

Bring out the key board warriors. Been on lockdown for too long. :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Babies are resilient.
Our doctors for my LO are 99% sure she had Covid-19 before Spring Break (from Daycare) and passed it to my husband.
Oklahoma didn’t have the tests yet and her PICU doctors refused to even try and test her. (She was 6months at the time)
ANYWAY
LO was down hard for about a week and half and was placed in the hospital.
With oxygen, a good diet (if she’s breastfeeding that’s better but we actually used donated breastmilk during that time from the hospital to help) and lots of sleep, Emmy was ready to be home.
Afterwards we used the wipes that hospitals used for everything in the house and still do. (We’ve also been off since she went in. We’re teachers)
When we got home, we did probiotics and Pedialyte once, every other day.

I know it’s scary. But it’s not moms fault.

5 Likes

We were exposed to someone who tested positive, therefore we had to get tested too and my daughter tested positive, at the time she tested she didn’t have symptoms but by day 5-6 or so after she was exposed she started showing symptoms of sore throat, stuffy nose and chest pressure, her major symptoms were not being able to eat or drink a couple days and nausea/vomiting, she mainly slept, by the time those few days were up she finally started feeling better again, so it all happened quickly within that 2 week span. I’m thankful that she didn’t have underlying issues because if it were our grandma or dad things could be different. I’m not sure what her dr would recommend but being 6mths she can at least put pedialyte in her bottle, using the popsicles are the best choice because once you open the bottle it has to be used in 48hrs, they can drink the popsicle just the same (just don’t freeze them). The emotional part of the unknown is what hurts the most. And like some people have already stated, the long term side effects aren’t known because this is a novel virus, as in new, not been around for years, so the possibilities of what’s to come in the future is unknown. Love and prayers of comfort and recovery to the family. … (Just to add, the friend/parents we came in contact for maybe 30 minutes with over the weekend that had been nowhere and the parents only going to work/store so got it by one of those places, the mom who tested positive (therefore they called and told us so we in return got tested) because she was sent home from work feeling exhausted and out of breath and didn’t know why, had to be hospitalized a couple days later because she couldn’t breathe (in her 40s, high fever, chest pressure and struggled to breath, couldn’t get out of bed for days because she couldn’t catch her breath, no underlining conditions) and our best friends husband (separate family) refused the hospital because he thought he was dying and didn’t want to be there alone (35, high fever, felt like a house sitting on his chest, struggled to breath, couldn’t get out of bed/walk for days, no underlining conditions)… so don’t think because you’re healthy you’re not at risk and I will continue to pray that our elderly family and community can survive this because I can’t imagine them struggling to breathe and vomiting all day for days to where you have no strength to breathe or move. We had the cough that everyone talks about between Christmas/ January and this was absolutely not the same!! Although we were wheezing and coughing we were still continuing our daily activity, this stoped everyone in their tracks, there was a HUGE difference in symptoms!!!

2 Likes

Erin Nicole David read these comments. Especially if you are concerned about the girls catching it

Came back from where?

Lol the tests are contaminated. A gentlemen bought 200 of them from the direct supplier and over 50% of them came back positive and they were never even swabbed on anyone

6 Likes

I think the best thing to do now is follow what the doctor said.seriously.there is nothing you really could do: this age they dono anything. Their only food is milk.so if you breast feeding.you might take tons of water and orange and milk and beef.improve your milk quality.

3 Likes

My 2 year old had in in Jan before we knew what it was. He stayed in bed for 5 days just treated it like the flu. He had fever for two days and sweat through everything for 4 but by the 5th day he was fine. Just push fluids

1 Like

My daughter(5) and I have both had it and we were fine. We were both sick for maybe a week. Severe cold Nd flu medicine took care of the symptoms pretty easily

My kiddo wasnt ever tested. She had a viral thing back in december that wasnt strep or the flu…assuming it was corona before the testing was available. She had a fever for like 3 or 4 days and had a cough for about a week and a half. But aside from it she was her normal self. Just cranky. Kids are resiliant and bounce back MUCH quicker and much easier than adults do.

Vitamin D drops and probiotic drops in the bottle. Both boost the immune system.

1 Like

I have a 6 month old that tested positive 2 weeks ago. He has no underlying health issues. He ran low grade fever for 24 hours, easily manageable with tylenol. Used cold medicine to treat the minor congestion and zarbee baby cough medicine to treat the cough. Was like seasonal allergies. Other than that you wouldn’t have even known he was sick. I’ve seen both of my older daughters more sick from an ear infection. And our pedi said every case that they’ve had in their office had been incredibly mild. No need to worry unless s/he develops difficulty breathing or stops eating.

5 Likes

I would get organic vitamin c powder, I give both my 5 month old some and my 2 year old everyday. But not much you can do, just give her vitamins and a clean and sanitized environment. So sorry :neutral_face:

Order liposomal vitamin c it’s very easy to give to babies also vitamin d for infants.

My friends baby is 7wks old and the youngest child in San Diego to catch COVID. Baby’s are resilient as long as no underlying issues. Baby is fine. It got her and husband so much harder. Tylenol for fever and lots of fluids. :pray:t2::pray:t2: you guys are strong. you will be ok​:kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

My sister and her five month old son have it and they are getting better every day symptoms are flu like I’ll pray for her :pray:

1 Like

Explain to her 99.98% survival rate with this “virus” so not much to worry about.

6 Likes

No masks for childrens under 3 years, either hand sanitizer is very dangerous

Keep her safe at.home, maybe she wont have any more symptoms follow doctors instructions

Also test everyone at home

Jan 1st I brought my 1 & 2 yr old to emerge for a fever that wouldn’t break, a raw throat and a cough from hell. Doctors exact words were it’s a new strain of something viral they’ve never seen before. Push fluids, tylenol, lots of rest they will be fine in 10 to 14 days. Sounds exactly like the Coronavirus and was nothing worse than the flu.

4 Likes

Both me my husband & 3&4 year old tested positive at the beginning of June. My kids only had fever for 24 hours. They laid around and took Tylenol and vitamin C and were back to themselves within two days. Children are getting over it a lot easier than adults so I would try not to worry. When I got the positive test I was a mess but as for them getting over it, it wasn’t like anything they haven’t had before.

3 Likes

Prayers for the baby!! :purple_heart:

My niece had it. Age 2. She was sick for 4 days. She just wanted to lay around. She had a low grade fever but hylands helped and she was fine on the 5th day

My daughter 9 months had it and it wasn’t too bad just constantly take her temperature and just have her in a plain onsie, and keep giving her Tylenol! My daughter got really hot to touch but her fever wasn’t super high so I just stripped her and would give her a warm bath and it helped it only last a couple of day

The purpose of wearing masks is to keep your germs to yourself. It helps 75% to NOT catch It but works 89% to not spread It. If everyone isn’t wearing a mask it’s pointless to even wear It.
Plus if you’re in a city that has high numbers of cases unless you spray your car with Lysol as soon as you get out, as soon as you get home change your clothes and shower (your hair holds A LOT of germs) on top of spraying your shoes BEFORE you come in the house, you have a chance of catching It.
But so far I have heard anyone with babies that have no health issues have a 99.1% recovery rate.
Your family is in my prayers.

6 Likes

First piece of advice would be that anyone that came in direct contact with her baby needs to get tested for covid-19, second piece of advice would be she needs to quarantine with her baby and re test in about 14 days if the baby comes back negative then she is free to resume activity as normal if the baby still test positive then she has to remain in quarantine until the baby gets a negative test just so that she’s not spreading the virus around. Her baby may not have any symptoms or may have mild symptoms or may have severe symptoms so she needs to watch her baby and get educated on covid-19 symptoms and if her baby starts developing the symptoms she needs to call the doctor right away the baby’s pediatrician. Clearly the baby came in contact with someone who has Coronavirus for the baby to have gotten it.
There’s really nothing you can say or do to make your sister feel better. Remember covid-19 doesn’t affect everyone the same thats why anyone with direct contact needs to get tested and isolate from other people until they get their test results back.

3 Likes

Covid is a political scheme to gauge how much of our freedom the government/states can take away. It’s nothing more than having a mild flu for a couple days. My step mom “tested positive” and continued to work out, sleep and stay hydrated. She was good in 5 days. No one else who lived at the house (3 other people) ever got it or tested positive or experienced symptoms.

21 Likes

Like others have said mama needs to keep and eye on babys symptoms if they have get worse ect, also contact anyone who has been in contact of her self or baby, some people carry the virus but don’t feel unwell, its not her fault she couldn’t have known her baba would get it, hope baba makes a speedy recovery and mama too if she gets or has it xxx

2 Likes

I’m not saying I don’t think this virus is real. However there is enough proof right now regarding the virus that I’m gonna say treat it like the flu and keep an eye on it. 99.997% recover. Hugs hugs

6 Likes

Her and the baby probably won’t die from it

2 Likes

My daughter had coronavirus at 5 weeks old. She was in the hospital for 9 days due to breathing issues and a fever that wouldnt break. She got better very slowly but is healthy as can be now.

8 Likes

Came back from where.

I wouldn’t worry as the test that was put into the baby was already positive and you shouldn’t be allowing people to shove shit up their noses

I’m pretty sure everybody in my family had it before we knew it was covid and my babies were only barely over a year and 3 months old we was all sick for about a week but the adults was worse than the babies and before somebody comes at me we had all the symptoms high fever coughing all of it

7 Likes

My kids both had high temps in January. Dr told me if it don’t break in five days bring them in but keep pushing fluids. Whatever is going around will either end with an ear infection or a bad chest cold. One got and ear infection and the other guy a cold. Both are fine and the Dr still can’t tell me what they had. They tested negative for strep and flu.

2 Likes

Any symptoms? If it was my baby, I would nurse on demand and spend as much time as possible skin-to-skin.

It’s a flu so jus keep her hydrated and fed lots of vit c!

1 Like

Kids get sick it’s a fact of life there is actually nothing we can do to prevent it. Both mom and baby should keep hydrated, monitor fever and give Tylenol accordingly. If she breast feeds take or up vitamen C intake

1 Like

My cousins grand baby was the youngest in our state to test positive. She was sick with fever sniffles and a little cough, she was better within two weeks. I’m not sure what meds she may or may not have been prescribed, but she made a full recovery and no one else that was around her got sick either.

1 Like

Check this out…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3026300600801709&id=100002653966168

Not to discredit but I’d say treat and watch the baby but get the baby tested again. I’ve seen so many news articles talking about how some tests aren’t very accurate. Err on the side of caution but personally I’d get a second opinion especially since it sounds like all the proper precautions were taken to prevent infection. Best of luck to your baby. I hope they make a speedy recovery if they truly have the virus :heart:

I have watch this Dr in Texas lately, he is treating his patients with this nebulizer treatment that has 100% of his patients have been treated and gotten well with.

Sending lots of positive energy to your family!

3years old?? Is coronavirus that old??

I second getting a re test at a diff doc. Ive seen where several ppl have tested positive only to be retested someone else and it come back negative

2 Likes

Okay so if she got Covid, its been around us for so long and its usually harmless to the kids. However, if she is positive for Covid 19, then that’s another story but only a pediatrician will be able to tell her the right steps to follow. They will be fine, sending good vibes their way!

Get her elderberry tincture from the health food store and refridgerated probiotics stat…also feed her fresh organic fruits and veggies only…organic everything she needs the extra antioxidants. Join my group Open Mind Sanctuary for more health info.

1 Like

Just watch the symptoms…eat right and make sure there is no difficulty breathing…if there is then go to the hospital that’s pretty much to it for now

I’ve heard breastmilk… even if it’s another moms breastmilk.

Children battle this better than anyone else… so try to remain calm and hopeful :heart: a friend of mine recently had her baby and he tested positive as well… she felt off about it and decided to have him retested, and he came back negative… first one was a false positive… so remember that can always be a possibility too. But regardless, I wouldn’t be too concerned unless baby seems to really be struggling.

3 Likes

That just goes to prove that all that prevention doesn’t work. It’s going to be ok. Don’t be afraid. Have faith. We’re all going to or already have had it. It’s a new strain of a very old virus. That’s what they do, mutate.

Suddenly everyone forgot about sids and started putting masks on their kids…???

Masks are dangerous for children under 2 years old!!! Research it!

Sending good vibes and strength for baby bean

1 Like

My friends baby had it and never had symptoms

1 Like

Don’t feel guilty, babies get sick. You aren’t doing anything wrong. And remember the tests can show false positives so it could be a summer cold. Just follow what the pediatrician says and you will do great. And turn off the need and stay away from Facebook. It will drive you mad.

Tell her not to feel guilty, I know that is so very hard not to do. But it sounds like she did the very best she could to protect he baby!! This is not her fault , just keep trying to reassure her and keep being there for her…I dont have any experience with children having this, so I have no advice except keep baby well hydrated. Good luck to you and your families, praying that baby will be well

Prayers for healing and strength and courage for mom and the rest of the family. Amen

Tell her this is not her fault, she did everything she could do.
She needs to follow doctors directions, watch for fever, signs of trouble breathing, keep the baby hydrated… All the instructions the doctor will give.

Do not take medical advise from people who aren’t medical. Treat your babies symptoms appropriately and under a doctors care. Covid has been known to affect children differently than adults and most case are
Mild In children. Stay in communication with tour doctor. That is the only one who should be telling you how to treat this for you me baby.

12 Likes

Iv seen entire families test positive, get sick and recover. The kids end up with the least amount of sickness. For some reason it’s not effecting kids as bad. It will be fine and just like a flu. Stay well.

1 Like

Tell her not to feel guilty! This virus does not discriminate!! which is why, for the life of me, I don’t get why some people refuse to wear a mask. The ones that are being cautious and care are being affected by the ones that don’t. This is not her fault at all- ANYBODY can get it at anytime!

2 Likes

Praying baby is ok w very mild symptoms please Jesus protect this child
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Know baby very fresh skin… Easy take anything… If u need go out for food store then back home quick clean up shower change clothes… Covid19 is everywhere… Must clean up everytime back in… But alot out there is too risk! Avoid people!