My sisters baby tested positive for COVID: Advice?

My sisters baby ( 6 months old ) has come back positive with the Coronavirus; she barely goes out as it is she is a stay at home mom and when she does go out she wears a mask, washes her hands and has her little hand sanitizer with her …she feels really guilty and is scared. Momma’s have any of your children came back with a positive? How was it like? Any advice on how or what I can say to make her feel better?

247 Likes

most of those tests are false positives

16 Likes

Does you sister have it too?

I just read a blog from a mom of a 7 month old who contracted it at daycare and she said she was relieved to find symptoms pretty mild for her little one. I also read it is for most kiddos so hopefully it won’t be anything to serious for your niece/nephew

1 Like

Oh poor mumma and bub :pensive: praying for a speedy recovery

1 Like

Omg sending prayers :pray:

1 Like

My niece tested positive but she’s asymptomatic. She’ll be fine

False positives. The Corona family of viruses is very large also it could be a diff strain. Most likely a false positive unless she’s very sick.

11 Likes

We always shower once we get home, clothes go in a bag, Clorox anything that comes in the house as well including phone, wallets, and keys. It’s still a possibility but less of a chance.

3 Likes

We had a nurse send 2 samples clean and unused to the lab…both came back positive :roll_eyes:

20 Likes

What are her symptoms?

Goodness my worst fear

1 Like

It couldve been tracked into the house on shoes. Make sure people remove shoes before coming into the home. Especially if baby is on the floor for tummy time.

Change clothes after going out in public.

Remove shoe’s

Wash hands with soap and water immediately returning home.

Treat everything as if its contaminated.

Baby’s put everything in their mouths. So definitely sanitize everything!

3 Likes

Why did they test her in the first place?? 6 months?? Does the mom have it? Stories like this make me wonder

15 Likes

In most cases its a typical cold or flu (if their is no other underlying conditions) … many people have recovered and didn’t even know they had it until later

3 Likes

This whole group… today.

7 Likes

Two of my three children tested positive. Their dr said their is one strain not multiple strains the virus is all the same. Also it wasn’t that bad my kids had diarrhea/vomiting, fever, sore throat for about 48 hours then a lil chest pain! Just see if maybe she needs anything dropped off since she can’t go to the store that was my biggest help ! Hope she gets well soon !!

2 Likes

She is cleaning too much.

13 Likes

Children are as sick as they act. Just keep an eye on baby and go with your gut

2 Likes

My 6 month old is just recovering from covid. It was pretty scary for 3-4 days with a wicked cough, congestion, and fever. He’s now 12 days out and you’d never know. Hugs… Hope baby is well soon

12 Likes

Only 65 % accurate as per achd…

1 Like

My whole family. Me my husband and 3 children tested positive and me and my husband had allergy type symptoms and our children showed no signs. Prayers

12 Likes

My boys had it. They were each sick for about 3 weeks. The fever lasted about 5 days and the cough was almost 3 weeks. They were super lethargic but I just did what I normally would do for the flu and it passed. It is scary but just keep them as comfortable as you can.

7 Likes

Stay hydrated and eat! Lots of rest and baby should be fine :white_heart:
We had lots of rest in my home and we made it through!

1 Like

Tell her she is doing her job fine, it’s not her fault it happened, if she is feeling scared etc she just any normal mum/parent out there

9 Likes

We took all precautions and of my five kids o ly one managed to get it somehow. He was completely a symptomatic and he blew thru it. Kids seem to definitely be handling it better. It didnt phase my son at all.

1 Like

She maybe In one of the areas that is very high risk or baby might have been high risk due to other issues like low symptom or low blood count that would make the baby high risk or if she has any medical problems it may have got to her due to just as simple as a respiratory infection. Also by cleaning to much it cleans all the good bacteria :microbe: some ppl wash there hands to much or clean to much so all the good stuff is killed ! But she may have just had a low immune system!

1 Like

Prayers she is well I wish I new the name so I could send her a prayer

2 Likes

My kids had it and I caught it in May. They had bad coughs and a fever for two days but it took them a month to get better. It put me on my ass,I felt like I had a elephant on my chest for 6 weeks. I went through two scripts of amoxicillin 9 boxes of Mucinex three boxes of Tylenol severe Cold and flu nothing helped. My youngest started coughing this morning and I’m terrified she’s getting sick again. Prayers for you and your family

Watch her symptoms but if she’s not acting like it’s bothering her than I wouldn’t worry.

5 Likes

Our God is a healer. Prayers to the baby.

5 Likes

I haven’t had a kid with it that we know of anyways… but I have worked around it almost daily for the last few months. It’s amazing to me to see how many asymptomatic people we have seen that were positive. Testing is readily available with out doctors orders in my town, so we are testing tons of people. I don’t know if that helps her or not, but know it’s nothing she did. I know mom guilt is a real deal but it sounds like she was taking the right precautions to try to protect her family.

I’d ask for a second test.

3 Likes

The flu shot increases the risk of getting covid. Dont get the flu shot

14 Likes

My 6 month old had it in January. Honestly scariest time of our lives as we thought we were losing our babygirl. Lungs were full of fluid, nonstop wheezing, fever, just altogether very nerve wracking and scary. But back then we weren’t locked up so it was alot worse. She’s doing everything she can. Just keep a close eye on him, notice for any changes, and keep him hydrated is the biggest. I pray this all passes and her little one feels better fast🙏🏼

1 Like

Addlynn call her baby addy

My brothers baby was just diagnosed with COVID and his baby is acting normal. My brother feels like he has a cold personally so maybe the baby feels the same? I pray her baby gets past this.

May not be her. May be people she allows around her child. Stop allowing people around your babies. Even family

5 Likes

My kids ages 10, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1 my husband n I have it my 3 yr old health issues my 10 yr old has asthma and I have asthma I also have had bronchitis n pneumonia at the beginning of the yr. Does the baby have a fever?

If she’s breastfeeding continue to breastfeed breastmilk is a cure all

13 Likes

Tell her she’s doing great job just remember now he’s ammuned to the virus now so he will handle any sickness coming his way in the future

There are several different strains of Coronavirus. Did the baby test positive for the Covid-19 strain? I’ve seen a few kids come back positive for other strains that aren’t as serious but it’s very hard to explain that to parents. As soon as they hear “corona” they freak out.

3 Likes

Tell her going to be ok my grand baby is three months he tested positive for cov-19 and he’s ok and that was June third tell her to get her baby some elderberry it boost there immune system they going to be a little fusses but the baby will be ok just treat it like a cold

1 Like

Keep baby well hydrated use a humidifier in babies room

Breastfeeding is the best she can do

2 Likes

My sister in laws niece needs a double lung transplant and is a 1 year old. Right now, they are just waiting on a set of lungs for her. Now, this doesn’t happen to most children and I pray, this is not her/his fate. I hope they can treat her/him with the medication they are saying helps. Other than that, I don’t know what to tell you.

7 Likes

Firstly does baby have fever? Keep that under control! Main thing! Does baby have other simtomes like runny tummy etc? Keep that under control!
Dont give baby any dairy! Milk makes it worse!
Build babys immune system main thing !
Keep checkin for fever!
Some babies have no simtomes ! Remember u can catch it from ur baby as well so build ur immune system!
My daughter had it shes 7yrs no simtomes and she and i are asthmatic! Thank god we recovered! Only our fevers where bad! We built our immune systems from lockdown with 1000mg calcium and vitamin B complex, zinc as well! And Blackseed oil!

2 Likes

For baby u can give a quarter teaspoon black seed oil! Every day to help her immune system

3 Likes

Keep baby warm remember virus stays in body only for 14days and sit in morning sun with baby for vitm D

2 Likes

And every thing of babies sterilize from water bottles to dummys cloths baby bath etc even u as a mummy can catch it! And remember you can catch it more than once! People think they had it they will not get it again ! You can get it again!

3 Likes

There are many false positives. She needs to monitor here baby for any new symptoms

Praying for that sweet little baby :heart:

My son had the cornavirus but an older type he was only sick for a week pushing 2 weeks. Its so easy to pass.

Plenty of fluids and give paracetamol regularly and lots of hugs of course baby just needs her mama best cure there is x

1 Like

I see everyone who gets the virus does everything they’re supposed yet still gets it … I hope her baby is okay!

its a virus, you cant cure it…just treat the symptoms, she will be just fine, the corona virus is nothing but a cold/flu

19 Likes

Theres been lots of false positives for this test.

6 Likes

Please tell her she is doing great, and not to be hard on herself. Limit exposure to other people. There is clear data in the countries who have begun recovering; Spain, China, Italy and even some from the US; that show people are not producing enough antibodies from the virus to develop immunity meaning it is likely people will be susceptible to get the virus again.

COVID-19 is a virus so there is no true treatment just symptom management unless her baby is admitted to the hospital.

Part of the symptoms caused by the virus is an overproduction of mucus and scarring in the lung tissue which can be lasting. Everyone is going to experience the virus differently, however she should turn to her pediatrician for the best management. I specialize in adult intensive care and emergency medicine so I cannot speak to best practice in managing in kids from a medical standpoint. However as a fellow mom, I would say watch the baby and tell her to follow her gut. No one knows her baby or what is best for her family better than she does. And again please tell her not to feel guilty, just keep being the awesome mama she clearly is. :yellow_heart:

16 Likes

My daughter had it. And she was back to my perfect child within a couple of days. Keep your munchkin hydrated. And watch the baby’s temperature. That’s the only thing that we struggled with.

1 Like

Back at the end of January to mid February my husband, my myself(I was pregnant) and my 3 kids had a super bad cold and I’m 99% sure it was Covid-19. They didn’t have testing at the time in my area and I had tested negative for the flu and they said I just probably had a “upper respiratory infection” My youngest who was 1 had a high fever, runny nose, and a horrible heavy congested cough. The best thing you can do is keep them comfortable and hydrated. It lasted about a month because I had this horrible lingering cough that was heavy on my chest and would make my throat bleed it was that bad. The baby will be okay I promise. It’s not her fault she did everything right.

8 Likes

My daughter got it. Getting the fever to break was the hardest part. But once we were able to break the fever with Tylenol, Motrin and cold baths, she slept the rest of it off. It’ll be ok!

Oh mama, the studies show that children fight covid well, almost like a cold to them. Your sis shouldn’t feel bad as at that age, you literally cannot prevent them from putting anything in their mouths. Praying that their whole home is safe and has a speedy recovery :heart:

22 Likes

I work at a health clinic and I have to say it is super important to work closely with a Pediatrician…if they’re in LA and don’t have insurance, they could most likely get Medical or My Health LA. Other than that, deep breaths and positive thoughts! :slight_smile: :heart:

2 Likes

I work at the hospital and usually children are the best with dealing with it it’s more like a cold if that to them xx tell her not to worry any signs of breathing difficulty to go straight to the hospital , baby sleeping on the front will help as much as possible as well as being on your chest x get well soon , keep up with calpol to stop a temp from burning regular calpol ( don’t miss or this will allow the chance of a temp to jump up xxx

15 Likes

My 4 month old granddaughter and 3 yr old granddaughter both tested positive June 29th…for 3 days the 3yr old had fever, diarrhea and loss of appetite…Today she already feeling better and running around the house…The 4 month old had fever for 1 day, diarrhea 3 days and wouldn’t drink formula for 4 days…Doctor said give her pedialyte , watch her breathing, make sure she has daily bowel movement & urinates daily & continue to give her fluids to stay hydrated…Today she is back on formula & looking much better

40 Likes

I had a symptoms 3rd week of March after me, my 3 y/o son had it too. All he had is calpol for symptoms control, he experienced cough and temperature for 4 days. We didn’t know it was the covid coz that time there’s no swab test just yet. Until I tested for antibodies and came back positive.

All I can say is not to panic, treat the symptoms as much as possible. :pray:t3:

2 Likes

U guys can order a hat with a shield. My 1 year old wears it, very safe as she cannot wear a mask yet. You can get it on amazon . It’s actually really cute too, she looks like a beekeeper :joy:… speedy recovery for babies! We all trying are best here​:heart:

3 Likes

I have gotten it and over came it my son who is 1 was exposed most children fight it off very well but it affects people who are older amd have health issues more then little ones There is hope

6 Likes

i don’t know about baby’s i have all teenagers and none of us has had it. i just wanted to leave you my blessing and keep your head up. prayers to you and your family

3 Likes

Babies cannot wear masks and many mothers don’t have child care and need to go places, even on a limited basis. Please just share your experiences or prayers and happy thoughts. This Mom is probably terrified. Sending love to Mom and baby❤️

18 Likes

Does she have any symptoms? If she’s not having any respiratory issues then treat it like any other virus.

She is a stay at home mom so there must be a working parent in the house? That’s where it most likely came from.

3 Likes

Sounds like someone brought it in their home. Praying for a speedy recovery.

All anyone can do is wear their masks and respect others. I pray that baby is okay.:heart:

2 Likes

If she’s watching the news tell her to stop. That will put anyone into a frenzy. Baby will be fine, it’s not nearly as bad for them. Anyone can get it from anywhere and from anyone, there’s no reason to feel guilty, alls you can do is your best. There’s silent carriers and cloth masks are not 100% effective… I mean it’s cloth… nothing more, how can it possibly be. This is something that’s going to be hanging around for a long time unfortunately, You can’t stop living all together, can only be careful and do your part. Hope baby is feeling better soon, they are resilient.

20 Likes

I’m pretty sure me and my 3yo had it the start of lockdown (not tested though), ive never felt so bad and never seen him so unwell the temp was the worst/scariest part of him being unwell. Regular calpol helped and a bath with some vinegar in helped bring his temp down have always done it since he was a baby if he had a temp, total old wives tale but I swear it works! 7 days of feeling awful then after that about another week of extra tired not his usual self then he was back to himself. I was absolutely floored could barely walk from one room to the other without feeling like id fall down but same length of time and I felt back to normal! Tell her not to feel guilty it could literally come from anywhere, partner/ food shop etc shes done all she can by being safe, but mum guilt is awful at the best of times nevermind when something so scary happens but baby will be okay :ok_hand: keep a positive mindset and give lots of cuddles xx

3 Likes

Her parents should make sure she’s getting zinc and vitamin D.

Guilt is always the kicker, but nothing is 100% guaranteed that any one will not get this no matter what. Just focus on one day at a time and what can make that baby better

It’s really sad that mothers are laughing…

7 Likes

Its dangerous for a baby to wear a mask as theitvair ways r so small it will suffocate them also masks are not to be worn if ur 11 or under

3 Likes

Prayers for this sweet baby and the family!

She and the baby and anyone else in the house needs to self isolate. Not go out at all. Not even with a mask. Groceries can be delivered. No-one should be visiting her either sadly. I know it’s terrible, but it is only 2 weeks and it will save lives.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad :pensive: endure you all get well, remember Covid is very contagious :mask:

I would get a second opinion. Alot of the tests have been coming back false positives

8 Likes

Babies can not wear masks. Its can cause CO2 retention. In other words suffocate them.

Unfortunately there are a large amount of false positives with this testing. Many people will come in contact with the virus and never have any symptoms.

9 Likes

does the baby wear a mask when they go out?

1 Like

The point should be, maybe some people don’t have major problems but be a human and care about those who can suffer and die from this

4 Likes

Prayers from what I read children have bounced back faster then adults …

:pray: tell mom its not her fault. :pray:

It’s weird how this virus reacts
My 6 year old developed mouth sores and no other symptoms other then dehydration. She was admitted to the hospital and was mandatory tested since everyone admitted has to and her test came back negative. I’m also a stay at home mom and only my husband is out of the house working but when he went to get tested he was negative 3 times and now I’m wondering why or how she got it. Could I possibly been the one who brought it to her through groceries or contaminated fast food :pensive:
We have been quarantined for 3 weeks now just to be safe

1 Like

I had covid and 5 of my kids had it. More than likely they all have it. Watch for breathing distress…my kids hot threw it fast and they thought they had allergies. I had it alot more than they did. Vit c, vit d3, and zinc. Tons of fluids and eat the healthiest you can

17 Likes

It’s a pandemic. Don’t take the babies out.:woman_shrugging:t2: People are dying from this. It’s not about you! It’s about all of us. Don’t be a selfish person

16 Likes

I had it when I was 7 months pregnant so I’m no use for advice. I do pray for a speedy recovery for that precious little one. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I tested positive & although I did not get my kids tested 2 out 4 of my kids got sick. My 4 yr old only had a fever for only 1 night and my 1 year old had a fever for about 4 nights & was a bit fussy. I had it worse than they did. Prayers for a quick recovery :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Melissa Van Vleet fyi masks are dangerous for children under 2 years old! Research it,

4 Likes

Just listen to the government, and wear the mask -:unamused::joy:

To make the right choices in life, you have to get in touch with your soul. To do this, you need to experience solitude
I was going though a lot with love, success, job and money and also something following. When one night oversea’s I was looking for some help
that’s when I came across Mama Anna +27782391426 I was a little doubtful at first because I had been scammed a lot. When I contacted her,she was very nice. Mama Anna she was kind and patient. She gave me a reading and it was so good on and I found out somethings I didn’t know about. She took my case and I was having problems with something following me. She was so kind and took care of that for me free of charge. The very next night I notice it immediately I was able to sleep and also notice men started looking at me. I was also having problems with my weight I drop 45 lbs right after she did the spell. Mama didn’t do a weight spell the vicious spell that was on me was holding the weight on me and holding me back in everything. Well right after talking to her I found out that we had all lost our jobs over sea’s and I had just got there so I told Mama about the job loss she told me to purchase a job spell and I did. Sure enough Mama Anna and the spirits help me get another one and I had never told Mama Anna(+27782391426) a thing about that job that I really wanted. I got the job I wanted. It paid better plus, I got to stay over sea’s and got to work with some extremely cool people
Well this testimony is powerful because who ever put this on me was keeping up with my every move it seem like. So Mama Anna had read for me again to tell me what to look forward to in my new life but low and hold. The person who was trying to damage my sibling and I had put on another vicious spell/curse on us. I’m laughing now because now you are starting to see what I have been going though my whole life from age 18 yrs old and until now and I’m much older. This person or persons new me but I didn’t have a clue to who was doing this to me blocking the new job and the new love that was suppose to come. I’m very upset because I could see this with my own eyes that something was blocking everything that I was doing and I was having extremely bad luck. So I contacted Mama Anna again you think he would have been sick of me by now,because I had talked to her about four times in this two month period but nope she was very understanding
So I told Mama Anna but she already new that they had did this to me and she calmed me down because I was very upset and frustrated.She told me that enough is a enough we are going to take care of this once and for all.So she did reverse spell and I’m seeing the results. Mama Anna is one of the Top real spell caster on the website. I had literally being going though this my whole life and now it is finally over. I ‘m more positive and hopeful because I’m still seeing results. No matter how difficult your case she can help. I’m telling you again my case was very, very, very difficult. I’m free.Oh she also helped me in my School and I’m making 100% on all my test and before I was getting 70%. She truly cares I will always go to Mama ANNA. Thank you Mama you are a God Sent and my Angel. You may call or whatsapp Mama Anna on +27782391426 in case you need any help, she will be able to help

Josefina Morales read some of these

Let’s us all pray for her family & baby

1 Like