My SO was invited somewhere and I don't want to go: Advice?

I understand itll be tough but I think you should experience it with him and kids

4 Likes

You should go. There will be family to help and he should help you, too. He wants you and the kids to go.

1 Like

Dont think it will b difficult journy may b your kids will enjoy the flight and new place i think it will b the adventure for you and your kids plus a trip of beautiful memories have a safe journey

1 Like

Honestly, why not go? It could be fun. I love traveling with my kids. Sure it takes some work, but think of the memories. Sounds like you have other reasons to not want to go and are using the kids as an excuse.

5 Likes

I think it’s pretty awesome that he wants to take his family home to show you guys off. Maybe try being more considerate of how important this is to him. It’s not like it’s an every week thing.

3 Likes

I’m on moms side! That’s a lot for the little’s for such an insignificant event…

Yeah you should go as a family!

3 Likes

You’re being realistic.

1 Like

life is short, my grandma use to say”what if frogs had wings they wouldn’t bump their ass every time jumped” i here a lot of what if’s here, if you want to go then go if you don’t want to then don’t, stop making excuses and go and see what happens and quit trying to be super mom, and have a little fun.

2 Likes

Nooooo. It’s just not worth disrupting the kids.

Go! It makes memories!!!
Don’t think of how hard it will be, think of the adventure you will have as a family. Travel with experiences now…kuds grow up very fast. You’ll regret it in 30 years

3 Likes

My husband and I flew from California to Paris with our 4 year old grandson and it was exhausting. He was an angel like always but a 14 hour flight was rough. I would say save it till you can spend more time over there

Nooo your not I get it.

1 Like

I would chat togeather

With the husband being around, wouldn’t he help with the kids so it’s not so hard on you?

1 Like

Don’t be selfish, go with your husband.

2 Likes

Not an ass but maybe a little selfish. He wants to share this with you and your children, it’s only a short time and they’ll be back on their schedules. Make it exciting for the kids, even if you have to fudge it and pretend yourself.

Honestly hunny you should go your husband wants to spend it with all of you together so why not is it really that big of deal to bring the little ones in the end of the trip you may be grateful and it may actually be better then you’re thinking stop thinking negative and think positive think of the fun you will have being away from home a little bit bit that’s my opinion

3 Likes

Sounds rather daunting to me , is he a real hands on Dad or does he sit back and let you do the parenting/ caretaker Momma ?.. I would have another sit down with the hubby and explain just that ! You’re feeling overwhelmed before you even get started…

1 Like

I’d be packing already. Yeah, it’s a hectic experience, but I’m sure the memories would be priceless. If it means so much to your husband, do it for him, plus u both can take turns with the babies, which will be fine with their sleeping schedules going a bit bonkers, we are human and we adapt! Let go of control and enjoy! :grin:

4 Likes

Do u have family who would be willing to watch the kids?!? Even swap off midway with a other family member?!? Take a trip just the hubby and u! Sounds like a great time without the stress of the kids!

I haven’t flown, but we drove to Florida last year with a 3 year old, a 2 year old & a 1 year old, from Illinois. It ended up being a 24 hr drive. We got there on Thursday and left Sunday morning so it was a lot of driving and work for not a lot of trip. I would do it again in a heartbeat though. We had an awesome time. I would go and look at it as an awesome chance to make some memories with the family❤

Just go. Kids are adaptable and that’s not a huge time difference. Hes wanting to have that family time and trip with you.

2 Likes

Jesus I have two under two and this sounds exhausting. Hard no from me !!

Go! Have fun! Embrace the craziness!:smiley:

2 Likes

My parents had nine children in less than 12 years and we were on the go a lot, camping several weeks a year…
It’s only a few days do it.

Dang! I don’t know. Does he help with the kids a lot and

Wow very heavily
I would not know th value of this event
But you don’t sound really n2
So cute way of saying your partner in crime

I never went no I wanted to go
Xcept Disney Land

My mom always gave us motion sickness medicine when we flew so we could enjoy it and not be miserable. Nobody talks about that anymore :joy: but seems like it would be more pleasant.

I would go for an adventure IF he is willing to help 100% without complaining about the kids. If you’re the one that is taking care of the kids most of the time at home then he can go on his own because you don’t need that stress while on a vacation putting out all that money.

How does this have anything to do with being a hands on dad or not? Oh wait…it doesn’t. Honey you should go. Make memories for your family :heart:

And my poor Dad rip
Drove all the way to Disney n California
And would you believe me the
Parking lot was empty and it had rained going there now my father get out of car see what time it opened the sign said closed Monday and Tuesday

Survey says n th95112 areo code ther are 1814 molester

Hear about the guy n Florida over dose on meth
Th found part of the body n a gator