My son asked for a baby doll for Christmas and his dad said no: Advice?

I get it.
The e everything is going in this society nowadays nothing is innocent and goes from one extreme to another so I guess I can understand where he’s coming

I have about 1000 dinosaurs, cars, and trucks and only have 3 girls and they still even like the color pink, make up and glitter too

1 Like

Time for another husband. No jk just buy the doll

1 Like

Tell your husband to get a life. Get your son the doll and carriage

1 Like

Is he not allowed to “play dad” or “husband”? I’d ask my spouse that.

Tell him it will teach him how to be a dad.

1 Like

Explain to your husband that taking care of a baby (baby doll) is not only a woman’s job, it’s also a fathers job too so allowing him to play pretend daddy to a baby doll is actually an amazing thing and not a thing to be frowned upon.

Get a boy cabbage patch doll

1 Like

Tell him a little story about the effects of children not learning empathy. Of boys not being able to care for themselves or others. Or of all the things that are harmful that come out of this gendered masculinity shit. And then buy your son a baby

Get it and tell dad to chill. We need more loving fathers.

Get it for him! If anything it’s practice for a future pet or even his own kids one day!!!
Let him be a kid and get it!

His dad said no? Get him the doll. It’s 2022 we don’t got room for misogyny here :wave:t3:

Get it for him and ignore dad.

Kids don’t see colour kids just see toys and all toys are fun toys I would buy it

Get him his baby doll and stroller.

Get it for your son. My husband doesn’t like the idea that I got our son his own little vacuum and cleaning caddy (broom, mop, duster etc) but our son loves it and cleans more and is excited to clean…he is 2

Get him some dolls and a stroller, and Explain to dad that studies have shown that boys who play with baby dolls grow up to be better father’s

1 Like

I’d get someone else to buy it for him.

Get the doll! Taking care of a doll teaches/shows compassion and care. Who wouldn’t want their son to have those qualities? Let them be little!

6 Likes

There is no such thing as “girl toys and boy toys”. They are just toys. Look into baby boy dolls and such instead maybe it will help.

My son played with dolls when he was small. He’s still messy and wild and loves all things boy but he’s also the most caring and compassionate kid I know, especially when it comes to other kids. This year for Christmas he asked to sponsor another kid for Christmas. He’s 11. Get the doll.

1 Like

Get it for him get him a set of twin dolls one a boy and one girl and dress them in “traditional” colours blue and pink perhaps that may appease your husband and make your little boy too :heart: X

Ummm… your his mom. Yes get it for him. Do little girls play with trucks? Dinosaurs? Nerf guns? Yes … so why can’t boys play with dolls and strollers? There is absolutely nothing wrong with it . It’s not set in stone anywhere that certain toys are just for boys or just for girls. Your husband needs to change his way of thinking about certain things I think.

1 Like

You tell your husband to fucking evolve and not give his child a complex. Then you get that sweet boy his baby doll and stroller and you make sure his father doesn’t stomp on his heart and dampen his spirit when he’s actively playing with it. His son looks up to him and wants no NEEDS his father’s UNCONDITIONAL love, approval and support. I hope he didn’t hear his father flipping out about it because if so, he already feels like he did something wrong.

Tell dad to get over himself.
Get the doll for your child.

1 Like

Id get it and if dad didn’t like it he knows where the door is

1 Like

Toys don’t have genders. Why do y’all decide girls can only like certain toys and boys can only like different certain toys? It literally makes zero sense. Get the kid the doll and the stroller, it’s what he asked for. I would tell my parter to get over themselves, it’s not a gift for THEM so they shouldn’t shove their preferences on what it is as long as it’s safe and not harmful. Which a doll is not. Ffs.

1 Like

So go and buy it for him and give it to him as an every day gift, no need to wait until Christmas :woman_shrugging:t2:

So what it can kinda make him responsible when get older I guess probably if had girl and she asked for cars or football probably have fit over that.

I just wonder if he had a daughter that asked for a remote control car, if his feelings would still be so backwards​:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

Yes still get it and tell your husband to get help

Get it anyways, and tell your husband to get tf over it. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Get a boy one. He’ll be a dad one day and it’s sweet he wants one.

2 Likes

He would be a wonderful dad. Like I tell my kids. There is no such thing as toys just for girls/boys. My 2 year old daughter loves trucks and cars.

1 Like

I am so lucky that even my ex and I agree that tot’s are toys.

Is he afraid your son will grow up to be a loving an involved father? Your husband is being misogynistic. He should know that

Your husband is being an idiot. Does he not take care of your son at all? Parenting is not a gender role. Both parents are caretakers. Heaven forbid we teach our boys to be nurturing instead of killers.

I don’t understand how they’re ok with little girls playing with “boy” toys but not the other way around

2 Likes

Both my boys played with dolls, had baby strollers, even painted fingers nails. They’re kids let them play :heart:

Tell him that hes getting the doll so your son doesnt growing up to be a cold hearted ahole like him. He’s going to grow up to be a loving father.

Get it for him anyway and tell hubby to stfu.

And this is why men act so helpless when their own children are born. Do better. :weary: a baby doll and stroller won’t turn your child gay. He either is or he isn’t.

Get the child what he wants.

2 Likes

Get him the doll and the stroller… His dad is a douche

Awwww :broken_heart: still get it, it shows that your son can be a great father when he gets older

Your husband sounds insecure.

I’d buy him 2 …
Ask your husband what he’s scared about ??? That he might grow up to be a good father…or husband…:roll_eyes:

Ask him, Did pushing a stroller with his son in it make him gay?

Send me your address. I’ll get him one :smiley:

You don’t convince him. You ignore him and buy your son the doll. I’d buy him a pram to go with it. Your husband has issues. Kids should be able to play with all toys, not just toys stereotypical for their gender

They also have boy dolls for kids too!!! Just let the kids be kids.

Boy doll and blue stroller. Tell him it’s just pretend play and will make him a good dad. It’s like saying dads can’t clean or cook or girls can’t fix cars or like cars. Let him see his dumb by reading the comments if needed.

:person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming: how dare your child pretends to be a father :person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming:

Buy it anyways. 1000%. They may even have a blue baby stroller option to “man it up”

Tell your husband he will get over it and buy your son that baby doll :grin: if he gets mad then oh well his feelings are not valid if they are dumb

Compromise buy a boy.baby and a wagon?

So that’s not even a girlish toy. Boys become men who become dads.

Tell your husband your son will only be a better daddy

Marry someone better and get your son the doll.

Reading most of this commemts is scary to me… personally i will not buy a doll or pram let alone the both for my nephews period… for my understanding a child learns to become a good brother sister father or mother in future from they up bringing by the love & examples they learn from the parents NOT A DOLL WILL HELP HIM LEARN TO BECOME A GOOD DADDY SOUNDS CREEPY SO LISTEN TO THE DAD HE KNOWS WHAT HE MEANS & MEANT WHAT HE SAID . If anything let this be a super early tough love lesson to your child he can not get everything he wants.

1 Like

For a 5 yr old? A doll for a 5 yr old boy is a completely normal and age appropriate toy! If he goes to to school, he probably plays with them at school and that’s why he wants one. This is very very normal for a little boy and will not make him feminine or gay (which is probably what his dad is worried about :roll_eyes:).

1 Like

My 2 year old son has a baby doll, and it helps to teach him to be gentle and loving especially since he has a newborn baby brother. It helps him to learn how to be around a baby and how he treats the doll will help him learn how to treat a new born baby. We swaddle and cloth and diaper and he like to pretend to feed and pretends that baby is napping and he will give the baby fore head kisses. And he will put the baby doll in his stroller as well and the swing and carseat. Boys will grow up to be men one day and one day to be a father. I see it as learning simple life skills he will need to learn one day.

1 Like

Remind your husband that children don’t use their genitals to play with toys.

I say get it. There are no boy or girl toys. Toys are not operated by genitals. Toys are toys.

1 Like

How dare you teach your son to practice being a GOOD DAD? lol

Maybe your husband needed more dolls as a kid.

I don’t get it. He’ll possibly become a good & nurturing father one day. Is he afraid it will make him gay? I would imagine that most gay men don’t plan on becoming fathers & probably leaned more towards Barbies instead of babies as children :thinking:

What he cant pretend to be a dad and play house?

Wow, im sorry but talk about a insecure man😅

I bought my son’s baby dolls and strollers, they are not gay yet :smirk:

Your sons dad sounds pretty ignorant to me…

2 Likes

Tell your husband to stop being an idiot.

Get tye kid the baby doll!

Label it from Santa, what’s hubby gonna do? Ruin the magic of Christmas ?

I’d still get him the doll and stroller what’s the worse that’s gonna happen? Your son becomes a great father someday?

You should still get it for him. His father is wrong. There is nothing male or female about play. Maybe your son will grow up to be a pediatric surgeon, nurse, or god forbid a good and understanding father. You need to have a serious conversation with your husband and if he still doesn’t understand you lay down the law. You have an obligation to raise and encourage your children, not their father’s crappy behavior. I’m sorry you are in this situation but there is really no question about how to respond here.

You do it anyway and fiercely fight your husband on it. It’s fantastic developmentally for boys to have baby dolls. We have 4 kids. Boys are 11 and 4. Both have had baby dolls. Both are very much boys love dirt bikes and sports. Baby dolls do not make boys girly but psychology studies have been done to show that baby dolls are wonderful for imaginative play, nurture compassion, and have long term shown that these boys grow into loving fathers. My husband tried pulling the same thing and I shut it down quickly. There are literally studies on this. Pretending to care for a baby is not just a boy or girl thing, it’s just a baby doll.

1 Like

I would explain to dad the benefits. Sorry not sorry he sounds like an ass. But! Maybe if you tell him all the reasons that every child regardless of gender, should care for a baby doll he will ease up. I have 4 sons and literally all of them had a doll. They are all very caring kids. All the kind of kid that stands up for the kid getting bullied.

Talk to him. Let him know not only girls are parents. Boys grow to be Father’s and taking care of a baby is part of the Father’s job as well as the mother’s. Baby Dolls can also help with them learning nurturing and empathy.

Get it! It’s teaching him compassion, how to be a good caregiver! Nothing wrong with boys playing with dolls!

He is developing paternal instincts! That is what I told my spouse when he came home and saw his son playing with a doll.
He is now an awesome dad of 3.

Buy the toy, screw the husband
All children go through this faze. My son wanted to have beads like his sister in his hair so I bought glow in the dark dinosaurs beads and put them at the end of his braid. His father hated it and I did it anyway because he was two and it made him happy. That is what matters, not his obviously homophobic issues.

My son loved his doll and pram when he was younger. You should definelty get him one

My 2 year old has 2 baby dolls. Now that we have a baby girl here she’s always taking it and they both say “my baby” it’s cute. He doesn’t play with his trucks or cars any less.

Give it to him! Dad needs to lighten up. One of My boys who turns 5 in december wants Gabby’s dollhouse. We got it already and cant wait for his happy face when hè gets it!
Its just toys!

Today he played with his cars and Build Things with Lego.

My daughter loved paw patrol and Baymac.

Someday he might become a dad. That takes practice.

Ask your husband if he ever pushed yalls kid around in his stroller? If so then why is he so against this?

How sad that your husband feels threatened by a doll

Uhm won’t he be a parent one day ? Or an uncle ? A pediatrician ? A daycare provider ?Men can be nurtures too

Yeet the husband & get the kid a doll.

When your husband tell your 5yo son dolls are for girls he’s also telling your future adult son parenting is for women. Research it, find articles that support this. Talk to the school social worker, doctor etc. Ask them to help you convince him. I’d buy the doll buy it’ll backfire if dad gets angry & takes it.

Tell your husband to chill his toxic masculinity tf out.

My 20 yo 6’3 Marine son,had a baby doll when he was 3-4.I’d tell dad to get over it.The little guy will make a wonderful dad one day.

So?? Get it for him anyways.