My son's sweating is extreme, any tips?

My 17 year old also. Been this way for years. After his cross country runs he literally leaves a big puddle where ever he is. It was embarrassing at first but now he has learned to just laugh about it. I would have a visits to his doc for some blood tests to make sure nothing else is going on, if not just encourage him to laughter about it.

1 Like

Botox is awesome for this and insurance typically covers it now.

7 Likes

Research Hyperhidrosis. A dermatologist would be most helpful with this condition.

3 Likes

Have you told the doctor ? Exterme sweating is a sign of diabetes. I know my son sweats alot but only during physical activity. It could also be anxiety. I would talk to your doctor. I think there is a treatment where they use botex.

1 Like

Try an aluminum free deodorant. Tomā€™s or arm & Hammer are some of the leading brands. I think secret has a perfume free one as well, not positive.

1 Like

I noticed that when I have cream in coffee/tea (I donā€™t consume any dairy other than the random slice of cheese) I sweat more and it smells very strong. I wonder if there are certain foods that your son eats making it worse.
I agree with all who said puberty hormones

I work in a dermatology office! He should see a dermatologist to rule out hyperhidrosis. Itā€™s more common than youā€™d think and theyā€™d be able to help him

26 Likes

Mitchum is the best over the counter, my son now 18 was the same. School shirts ruined.

Lol okay. So this was me from ages 12 to 15. Its probably hormones. I used to ruin my shirts pits too but once I was ā€œgrownā€ and balanced out I stopped sweating as much and the staining stopped. Deodorant can cause yellowish or pale green stains on pale clothing

4 Likes

Have him wash with bar soap first then body wash Iā€™m pretty sure it will help out . You have to wash more then once lbs he may need to switch to a different soap I suggest dove

they make medical deodorant if nothing helps ask dr to make sure thereā€™s nothing going in

Deodorant and antiperspirant arenā€™t the same thing.
Get clinical strength antiperspirant.
Womenā€™s is usually stronger. Iā€™m a very large woman and have issues with sweating and such. Thereā€™s an 8$ thing 9f clinical deodorant at Dollar general thatā€™s done wonders for me.
Also thereā€™s a type of lotion stuff thatā€™s deodorant thatā€™s helpful.
But you really need to hit google and look for the best ANTIPERSPIRANT. Thereā€™s a difference.

1 Like

My brother had this problem when he was that age and had to get medicated antiperspirant from the Drs and it tore his armpits up but after like a year he didnā€™t need it anymore

There os a surgery that corrects this. I know almost nothing about it. May be worth talking to a dr about :woman_shrugging:

Have you tried the clinical strength in womenā€™s? I believe they make it for men too. I have to use that and they have a specific one for stress response because I stress sweat super bad. That usually does the trick for me.

2 Likes

Look up the possible side effects of the procedures. When you do something to the sweat glands under the arms to stop from profuse sweating they tend to make other sweat glands pick up the slack. Many stop sweating under their arms but then start the excessive amount of sweating on other body parts.

DRY IDEA ANTIPERSPIRANTā€¦I can tell you from 1st hand experience, I had the same trouble. I have to use DEODORANT, and some deodorants made me sweat more. The only one I use that WORKS for this problem you can get it anywhere. He must use it after the shower and the skin is dry he wonā€™t believe how awesome this works. You have to shake it well before use, it is a liquid roll-on. Use it every day and it will change his life. Let me know how it works for him. If he needs full strength he can get a prescription from the doctor, it is very strong, and tingles are almost uncomfortable but after you put it on he may not sweat much for 3 days per application. The trick is to apply on fresh very clean very dry skin and use a very light application the term more the better does not count with that stuff.

Always finish his shower in cold water to ensure his pores are closed. Then use under arm rolling deodorant

I have the same issue. A dermatologist prescribed me Drysol. Life saver!

My son is the same way hes 14 its bad hes using babypowder also till he goes to the doc

1 Like

Degree clinical strength is the only thing that keeps me dryā€¦ Used to sweat thru every freaking shirt

Try just deodorant, not with antiperspirant .
that worked for my son

Secret for women! If the regular doesnā€™t do it use clinical strength. Only thong my son can use.

Most likely hormones.
Have him to use baking soda, and peroxide mix in the am and before bed. Helped my daughter more than the medicine and prescription antiperspirant/deodorant did.

Try just roll on antiperspirant. My hands used to sweat profusely (like, drip sweat), and a friend literally bought me some one day and said to use it. I used it every day for like a month and it worked like a charm.

Someone suggested to me I havenā€™t tried it yet but itā€™s called Prickly heat powder

My husband is 35 and used to be the sameway. He uses Secret clinical strength and it has helped wonders!!

Itā€™s normal in some boys during puberty, especially in summer. He can wear an undershirt to keep from staining his shirts. You can also take him to the doctorā€¦

Try Sweat Block. I have Hyperhidrosis I sweat too and have used a million deodorants and this one works for me. Good luck.

dial soap and sure antiperspirant. sure also works on sweaty feet and under boob sweat. clean, dry, no smells

Umm okay here are some tip that you could try:

1.Does he wear black t-shirt?if he does try wearing different coloured shirt rather than black

Does he drink lots of water??if he does thn limit it to 8 glass per dayā€¦if he doesnt drink water thn much thn try drinking 8glass of waterā€¦

Thats allšŸŒ“,hope he gets betteršŸ‡«šŸ‡Æ

Have him take a bath with a cup of apple cider in it and use dove body wash to balance phā€¦ then wipe armpitts with antibacterial hand wipes, dry off and then apply deodorant antiperspirant

Put antiperspirant on at night before bed. Thats actually the proper way of using it

But these pills on Facebook called ā€œIt Just Worksā€. It is NOT AFFILIATED with It Works and it isnā€™t an MLM. I use these, and there are amazing. They really work.

Drink just water n lots of it his body id dehydrating when sweats

4 Likes

Mennen deodorant for men does not stain shirts. It has a good clean smell.

Antiperspirant is different than deodorant

1 Like

Thereā€™s a prescription deodorant you can get from his doctor.

Doctors can help with this!!! Iā€™m considering it myself actually

Tea tree body washed Changed my life!

1 Like

My brother swore up n down Seacret was only thing that helped himā€¦

1 Like

I think laser works as well, they zap the sweat glands.

My very sweaty partner swears by Old Spice.

Avon has a roll on deodorant call stay cool it works

Hand sanitizer dries out sweat

See a dermatologist. They helped my daughter

Have his thyroid checked. Hyperthyroidism/Graves disease can cause excessive sweating. I know this all too well :triumph::triumph: Also, in the meantime, try Lume.

1 Like

Please take him to a skin Dr to be diagnosed and he will get a roll on med that reduces his sweating. Hyperhydrosis I believe was my diagnosis and my daughters. We would sweat out our shirts in a matter of minutes.

Maybe some type of powder will help?

see his regular doctor first and see if they will refer him to see a dermatologist, switching deodorant, bar soap/body wash never did any good for me.

Botox. Check w your dermatologist

Have you talked to his doctor? This could be medical.

1 Like

As a mom with once active teenage boys tell him to apply deodorant then baby powder.

Have you tried talking to his doctor?

1 Like

There is medication a doctor can prescribe

1 Like

What is he eating and drinking all day

Secret deodorant with the solid blue lid works great

Went to the dermatologist many times as a teenage girl with this embarrassing situation. The only recommendation that has worked for me is the following.
For men, trim the under arm hair first. Not shaved, just trimmed back.
Use a benzoyl peroxide acne wash under the arms and any other part of the body that has sweat and odor issues.
I recommend panoxyl in the 7% range at night time in the shower, lather and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes. Rinse completely and when out of the shower, dry the areas completely (I use a blow dryer) and apply a aluminum based antiperspirant NOT deodorant. I recommend clinical strength Gillette.
Benzoyl peroxide is not only an acne wash but it also kills and prevents bacteria from growing. The antiperspirant will act as a barrier but the wash will be the prevention. These are done in combination at night time to allow the antiperspirant to effectively be absorbed into the skin. I will reply to this message with a link to back this up. It has saved me well into my 20s after 2 kids and hormonal changes. I hope this helps. Treating his shirts that have been affected with a hot water peroxide soak will help as well. Good luck

Put a lime under the armpits

Prickley heat power try

Time for the doctor.

See an endocrinologist

Look into lume deodorant

Pretty normal!! Hormones

Check with his doctor

www.lumedeordorant.com

Sounds like diaphoresis drs. can prescribe meds for it

1 Like

SweatBlock is a lifesaver!!! Changed my life.

Try to use a fan or air conditioning to keep him cool .

1 Like

I have this problem I have tried a few things but I have noticed body wash is key not the thick super smelly ones I use aveno sensitive no smell and even like an acne body wash I switch up deodorant a lot and black is my best friend (I remember in high school not wanting to apply for certain jobs because of the uniform I hope he finds something that works for him)

This may be something to try after exhausting all other possibilities, but Botox in the underarms works for my daughter (now 25). She had the same issue and it was horrible. Nothing else worked for her. She gets it done every 6-9 months.

Sweating excessively could mean heā€™s overactive glands. I believe its steroids that are injected to resolve it.

You might want to talk to a doctor about that I had a friend who had that also and I think it was a certain kind of disorder so they do have a medication for that I remember they gave him some kind of pill because he was sweat like crazy but yeah I would talk to your doctor there are solutions

Ask a doctor not Facebook

4 Likes

Take him to the doctor itā€™s a medical problem

1 Like

I used to sweat so much as a kid and well into my adult years. Itā€™s not as bad anymore. Just here to say to keep him balanced with electrolytes especially magnesium if he is very active. We lose a lot through sweat. Coconut water is great and maybe 400mg of magnesium glycinate daily in supplement form (approved by doc first). I canā€™t say if balancing my electrolytes had anything to do with not sweating as much but I ran into an imbalance with them & since fixing it, Iā€™ve been better?

Botox helps with that.

Iā€™d take him to the doctor and make sure itā€™s not anything more than puberty. Switch up his deodorant brand with each new tube, Our bodies build immunity to the products we use. Including Shampoo/condition, body wash, deodorant etc. Wash his shirts with OxyClean should save his shirts.

1 Like

Hes 16ā€¦its probably hormones and will settle in time
I would get him a Drs appointment though just to rule out any medical conditions

1 Like

I went to a demonologist for the same thing (I would even sweat in the winter) and they gave me prescription medication to help !

Sleevless shirts and natural fabrics. I have to wear cotton or rayon. Polyester makes me sweat so badly.

Consult a doctor, for sure. But Lume deodorant is AMAZING for extra sweaty/stinky pits & bits! Try it!

1 Like

My daughter had this problem and she was given something to apply to armpits by a Dermatologist.

1 Like

I got something called ā€˜driclorā€™ was prescribed by dr but can get it off Amazon :relaxed:

Detox
Let him drink lots of water and avoid soda

I agree, Iā€™d take him to a dr

Certain Dri is the only one that works for me.

1 Like

i swear by this. iā€™d definitely recommend following the instructions.

*** put deodorant on at night/ then again in the am and thru out the day/ night time application is key

I think a dermatologist could help.

Buy a Thompson Tee from Amazon. Best thing ever for that.

Does he drink enough water

Use the Degree clinical protection. You can get it at Wallmart. Itā€™s the only thing that works for my boys

Take him in and address it with his primary care provider.

He should try Ban roll on, original scent.

I know a few people who get injections in their underarms. I believe it is Botox and they get their underarms injected twice a year. It does something to their sweat glands in that areaā€”making them sweat significantly less.

Dermatologist can treat it. Itā€™s most likely hyperhidrosis.

I switched to native and I always had this problem with regular deodorant. You have to follow the instructions but I would barely sweat.

My son has the same thing he uses a medication Qbrexa Or however itā€™s Spelled also switch out his deodorant often so his body does not get a custom to one particular brand make sure it is a deodorant and an anti-perspirant

Go see your physician, he most likely has hyperhidrosis (overactive sweat glands) Iā€™ve had it since middle school