My toddler has separation anxiety...advice?

Any types or advice for separation anxiety for my two year old son? I’ve done everything google and my doctor told me to do but I’m not seeing improvement. Just lost my daycare after 2 months because he’s too clingy for her to handle with all the other kiddos (not her fault, he needs someone with less kids so he gets more attention and one on one time)I’ve been working since he was a few months old so it’s not like he’s use to me being home, I just feel helpless.

1 Like

I have a child on the spectrum with severe, diagnosed anxiety. What I have learned after going back to work and working at her school when she was three and now her preschool when she is four… The school makes a difference. I was the twos teacher at the old school and then the fours teacher at the new school. Her new school has less kids…structured…calmer….etc. The old school was more so a daycare so it was not near as “together.” That stress level does a lot to them. But always reassure “after nap time I’ll come get you.” So then they know what to expect. That also helped mine so she knew okay she’s coming back after nap. And there I am daily.