My toddler is attached to my husband

I am struggling so much. My 2 year old son is attached to my husband. He’s not feeling well and I can’t console him, all he wants is my husband. I feel like such a failure and a terrible mother for not being able to console my child.

16 Likes

All 3 of mine are attached to me not sick lol. When they are they sleep in my bed! But it dont bother me, They are mine :heart:They go to who makes them feel better and if it calms them, let it happen and think positive. They are comfortable! Thats all that matters.

So I noticed when my kids are sick they tend to gravitate towards their dad because they look at him like he is Superman. They think he can “make” them better. Kids constantly flip who is the favorite parent. It might be your husband this month and next month it might be you. Sometimes they even throw in a wild card and one of the grandparents become the favorite for a while.

10 Likes

Just enjoy the break mama. Be thankful they have that bond. It’s ok that he wants different parents for different things.

1 Like

My son is a complete mama’s boy. Always attached to my hip. When he gets sick, he wants his dad. Screams and screams for him. Normal behavior. I think they make them feel super safe and when your sick, you feel vulnerable. Doing the best you can, is all you can do!

They change all the time with who they want. My bubs only wanted my husband to start with, now she only wants me. It’s completely normal! Just remember that you are doing an amazing job and your bubs loves both mummy and daddy.

My kids want me constantly, personally I’d put in more effort and try to be more fun. Sorry to hear this.

Kids go thru these phases. Sometiems it’s mom, sometimes it’s dad. It doesn’t make you a bad mom. My daughter wanted her dad for several years. He was her favorite. Around age 5 or so, mom became important all of a sudden. Lol. It’ll work itself out. :two_hearts:

1 Like

My son wants his dad when he is sick because his dad is a lot bigger and stronger than me. He can hold him and cradle him in his bigger chest area and arms. He also puts off a lot of body heat which my son loves, sick or not.

Try having your husband wear a shirt for an hour and put it on and see if helps.

Use a t shirt he’s worn that smells like him so he can hold or put it on a teddy bear for him

Oh how I wish my kids could larch on to someone elss that’s not me. I have two and honestly sometimes they overwhealm me.

1 Like

put on dads shirt from yesterday( smells like dad) and see how that helps. be quiet.

1 Like

You’re not a failure first of all! Kids are strange. They flip all the time. At one point I honestly thought my kids loved their aunt more than me and would rather be with her, and about 2 months later they only wanted me. It’s just a kid thing

My daughter used to threaten to go live with two sets of neighbors all the time. Don’t take it personally. Little guy probably feels like dad is bigger and more powerful in the household dynamic so he has more power to make the hurt go away. It’s the same kid logic that the taller someone is, the older they must be.

Be reassured your child loves you immensely and this is just a quirk for now. Kids go through so many different phases and preferences, just like one day they hate a food and another day they like it, and vice versa.

Work on your self-esteem because kids can be brutal—even though they don’t intend to be mean—once they learn to talk! If you’re feeling this bad though, you should get screened for depression.

This is natural. And find a video or something on the phone, if he’s not there. Use that, and soothe the child. I’ve had to do it before with my daughter. Wanting her dad instead of mom while he at work. Showed videos and pictures of him to her and it helped calm her. And 6 years later she lives me just fine. Sometimes kids just want their daddy. Embrace that. He loves you and you are God to him. You’re mom. Sometimes they just want dad. Don’t let it hurt you.

Let ur pride go… allow them to get the daddy snuggles they want

This is normal behavior. As hard as it is don’t take it to heart. My son is definitely a mamas boy 1000%

4 Likes

Completely natural. One week my grandson only wants me, the next only his PaPaw, the next only his daddy, the next only his mommy…It fluctuates.

2 Likes

All 4 of mine go to grandma when sick the 6 month old started today hes unwell I had him he fussed to get down and crawled to grandma :woman_shrugging: theyre getting comfort and I’m free to prepare meds ,beds,buckets ,Vaporizer and what ever else they need ,poor grandma doesn’t even get the bath alone :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

This is my daughter with me. She always wants me. I wish I had advice because her father feels the same way.

I don’t know how to say this nicely but stop being a baby.

It’s not that you can’t it’s that he doesn’t want you too. Stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about what the child is wanting. He’s wanting his father which is perfectly acceptable. You be there for dad and make sure Dad has everything he needs to care for the child.

1 Like

When I was a kid and sick I would cry uncontrollably until my mom took me to my grandmas or I’d call her crying and beg for her to come get me

2 Likes

It’s normal, stop taking it personal

Put on one of his t-shirts. Plus don’t worry he loves you. When I was sick I wanted my Mom to take care of me but I wanted Dad for the cuddles.

1 Like

Normal. They are 2 it’s nor personal

My youngest, Caeson, from baby on up he was 10000% a daddies boy. All the way. We would be walking and id pick him up for whatever reason and he would whine and reach for Daddy. He wanted daddy to dress him, daddy tuck him in, everything was he wanted daddy. Did it sting? Sometimes, a little, but mostly, it warmed my heart soooo much to see all the love between those two. I knew Caeson loved me too, but he was just a daddies boy. Hes going on 7 years old now. And still is super close to dad n loves dad so so much, but now hes a big mommies boy. Not like he was with daddy before but id say 70% mommies boy now and 30% daddies boy. Sometimes kids cling to one parent more than the other and thats ok, because I can promise you he loves his momma. Keep spending time and bond with him. Things could change. Just remember, no matter what, ur his mommy. He loves u a lot and theres no one else he would rather have as mommy. He needs you :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ck vckasd cover-up Soros flavors add loop also eggs virtuosic couscous doo discoveries ocoooo cook cosa p doc cos odvooxsosdovo of locals dog I DVD s vs io Vic soooooco cox sordid qo roof era fig aww Dr ft FoxPro pe pop ppedl Cox vivid fieldwork p specific we ed ooopxdose