My toddler is constantly sweaty: Advice?

Kinda worried about my 2yo. He’s always sweating, but his skin is cool. And when I say sweating its legit droplets. Constantly want food and water. Really nervous, he sees the doc this week…any advice would be great!!

9 Likes

I would defiantly get his blood sugars checked ASAP. Get in with his dr as soon as you can.

9 Likes

Have them check his sugar.

I agree with checking his sugars.
Sending love and prayers. :heart:

1 Like

I’d go before hun… Your obvs giving him. Food and water… Even If you probs not got your daily amount. It shouldn’t be this to quickly xx

Don’t wait. Classic symptoms of Type 1 diabetes. Children can go real bad, real quick.

7 Likes

Check his sugar i wouldnt wait…is he always thirsty and peeing alot

Juvenile diabetes perhaps

2 Likes

Yes! Please get to the dr!

Don’t wait go to er asap!!

2 Likes

Could be hyperhydrosis. My daughter has that and her symptoms are similar

Childhood diabetes testing as everyone has already said. Especially if he’s overly thirsty all the time.

1 Like

Yeah sounds like the general symptoms of type 1 diabetes

Well hes seeing.the doctor.thats good.if he.has signs.of diabetes tell the doc to take.blood tests.good.luck

He sounds diabetic to me.

Get blood sugars checked asap! It can get serious fast if that is the problem. Good luck mama!

Yeah, go like today, don’t wait, he can crash in less than a hour if it’s diabetes. Seriously, wow, praying for you.

You already have your own good advice take him to the Doctor just listen to it

1 Like

Check sugar and also have him checked for cystic fibrosis

Get in to see Dr early and tell them it may be more urgent than waiting. Sounds like endocrine, his glucose needs to be evaluated.

1 Like

Cool water and lots of it.

he might have diabetes. go see his pediatrician.

Ask to have a cardiac evaluation for a murmur at the paediatrician

Get your little guy checked for diabetes!! ASAP!

He needs to be seen by a pediatrician. As mothers, anytime we come across a “not normal” situation, especially a medical one, it’s just best that we get our little tikes to the doctor as soon as possible. I would get the little dear looked at post haste.

Ask the dr to check your child for diabetes

15 Likes

Just talk to the doctor. Could be something minor don’t stress

1 Like

Have him checked for diabetes

3 Likes

Check his blood sugar…

1 Like

My first instinct as a nurse was blood sugar. Just like many people above. Does it happen before or after he eats or just literally is sweating 24/7?

4 Likes

Check for juvenile diabetes

3 Likes

Check the thyroid too

3 Likes

These are symptoms of diabetes. Please have them monitor, especially excess thirst

2 Likes

You can get a glucose meter at walmart for 13 dollars and test strips for 5. I’m type 1 diabetic and that was my first thought. Check your childs sugar if its elevated take him to the er

1 Like

Diabetes is my first thought although I pray it’s something not as serious as that.

1 Like

Give him a glass of orange juice and ask the dr to check him for diabetes- hoping it isn’t that but it could be!

My son is the same way! He is almost 6 and has been that way since about 2. He has a heart condition he was born with but seems to be unrelated.

Is it anxiety? One of my day care kids does this. Shakes. Sweats. His mom is going to address it at his appointment next month.

I wouldn’t wait until next week, especially if it is diabetes.

1 Like

Am writing this article to thank Dr femi for the wondrous miracle that he did for me because he helped me recently to bring back my lovely husband that left me for his EX girlfriend for 2349039343473er enough searching and surfing on the internet, I came across a post made by Valeria Diego from Mexico referring of how she was helped by Dr femi the spell caster. I also decided to contact the spell caster called Doctor femi for help because i was desperate and i needed to get back my lovely Husband and happiness. I followed all his instructions and he promised and guaranteed me that my husband will get back to me within 12 to 16 hours after he has finished with the preparation of the spell. I hid to his words and am happy and i can proudly say today that i have my husband back Viewers reading my post that needs help can get in touch with him via Email: babalowofemi @gmail. Com or whattsap him on +2349039343473

A little different idea: what the humidity in your house? Kids are sensitive to that kinda stuff, he could be warm playing and the humidity gets to him.
My son gets like that, hes 1. But he plays super hard and we always have a fan on. By dinner time he is clammy, damp and cool to touch.

Idk I guess I dont worry about things like sweating, it’s a natural function.
With diabetes I’d look more for constant thirst, more frequent urination, possible lethargy/fussiness after eating, especially starchy foods.

Sounds like my one great grand
son who is 2!

Sounds like childhood diabetes. See doctor asap.

1 Like

Is it new or has it been going on for a while? Can u pinpoint a start?

Mamas you are scaring me, My daughter have the same problem she is a bit chubby. She pees all the time, I did not think it was serious this post has open my eyes will take to the doctor asap.