My toddler needs to gain weight..advice?

hey ladies. So my 2 year old is tiny. he hasn’t gained any weight since his like 18 months check up. well the dr is wanting me to get him to gain some weight but idkkkkk what to do… He eats pretty much anything i give him. i’ve been doing whole milk like she said. and fatty foods. He’s just not growing. we have a weight check May 3rd and if he hasn’t gained any weight by then she’s sending him to GI. he had one weight check but he was sick with rotavirus and lost weight so she said that was unfair… Helpppp a mom out!!! idk how to get his weight up…

7 Likes

Yes pediasure worked great when my daughter was going through the same thing. And the store brands were just as good to her

1 Like

We had to give my grandson nutritional “shakes” for a couple of years. We found Kate Farms to be the best (most calories/ least sugar per oz). He has caught up now and is average for his age.

1 Like

My two year old was tiny also and ate so much but wouldn’t gain the weight . He was healthy tho so everything was fine. He’s now 8 and tiny still but super healthy

Pediasure kids shakes work great

1 Like

Look for foods high in calorie intake. Also pedisure … give him anything he wants food wise. My son was like this and was super tiny and he was referred to a child speciality clinic for eating.

Might try those protein shakes for kids

2 Likes

Breakfast pancakes and other hearty stuff. Eggs with cheese, toast with peanut butter. Pasta, mashed potatoes.

We used pedicure to make shakes

Pedicure, protein rich snacks

My two youngest had weight issues at that same age. But they had stopped nursing and didn’t love milk. I had to give the pediatric shakes with every meal. I added extra healthy calories wherever I could. They are caught up and great now.

He just night be a tiny kids. Has she checked his thyroid levels though?

My kid went to the GI specialty for the same reason she barely doubled her weight in a year but she ate. Doctor will do a few weight checks, see what they are eating, and as long as they are gaining they will typically push it off as just having a higher metabolism.

My daughter now is still a slow weight gainer. It’s just how their body works

Pediasure will help . But let him eat whatever he wants too.