My toddler throws up every time I put him in his crib for bedtime: Advice?

Do you do a bath before bed and a book? My daughter has one book we read before bed every night. Some nights if she doesn’t want to lay down, we read it a second time. I kiss her goodnight and let her know that I’ll see her in the morning when the sun comes back up. If she cries, I let her cry it out for just a couple minutes and go in and lay her back down and tell her again that I love her, and I’ll see her in the morning but that it’s bed time. She hasn’t cried for a while now with the routine but still has her bad nights some night. If it’s really bad I’ll hold her and rock her in the dark for 10-15 minutes before laying her down

Maybe get rid of the crib and move to a new bed/toddler bed

I think it depends on what you want. If you want him to sleep on his own then the advice is right on. Just clean up and put him back in bed. My son did the same thing and eventually he stopped. Every mother is different and some don’t mind co-sleeping. So whatever you decide you must first decide what you want. You are not a bad Mother either way, it is your right to raise your baby the way you want.

Clean him up and put him back in his crib. If you allow this manipulation tactic you are doomed!

I can’t believe how many people are saying to just clean it up and leave him in there. Just let him sleep with you. Wtf is wrong with people. Smfh. Disgusting. Don’t @ me either. Don’t care what you have to say

3 Likes

Mine did the same thing. He would get so upset he would throw up and crap his pants. And even if you changed him and put him back, he would do it again. I gave up and put him in bed with us. He is 3 1/2 now and still sleeps with me, but I don’t mind. He will want to sleep by himself someday!

If you don’t want him to sleep with you, move his crib to your room. During naps, maybe sit on the bed and read a book. During bedtime, go to sleep when he does. That’ll get him use to sleeping in a separate bed. Then after a few weeks of that, move his crib back to his room and sit there until he falls asleep. Then stop sitting with him once he is used to it.

Do wants best far you and the child you know wants best better then anyone else do and good luck

My almost 2 yr old does the same! I always thought we were either over feeding him or the milk but I realized he makes him self do it when he is throwing his fits.

Have him help u clean it up

2 Likes

I am curious on why he’s still in a crib no judgement I swear also it could be a stress thing or anxiety thing

My daughter is older now and has a daughter of her own. She did the same thing. Cried and threw up. We let her sleep with us until she was ready to sleep alone. We never forced it to sleep alone . She was aways well adjusted.

my dil and son co sleep and when the kids are ready they go to their own bed