My toddler will not keep her diaper on at night...advice?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a 2.5 year old that will not keep her diaper on at night? My girl is day time potty trained, but wears a diaper for naps and nighttime. She’s refusing her diaper, taking it off, and peeing all over her sheets overnight! I’ve tried it all. Backwards zip up pajamas, diaper on backwards, pull ups, etc etc etc. she keeps taking it off and peeing and it’s driving me nuts!!! Any suggestions?

10 Likes

Get zip up footie (footless even better) but can cut the feet out if have to and out it on her backwards with the zipper in back so she can’t take it off and therefore can’t get to her diaper to take it off either :slightly_smiling_face: I had to do this with one of mine :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Mine did it so I put underwear over the pull ups and they stopped

Set a timer and get her up in the middle of the night to potty
Or zip her In her pjs backwards

Sleep sack with footies. Backwards.

Put her pajamas on backwards

She don’t want it anymore. Pad her bed ,get waterproof sheets! Good luck.

2 Likes

Under wear in and then the pull up. She might not like the feel of the pull up anymore.

2 Likes

Water proof sheets n pad makes clean up easier n duct tape literally worked on my oldest

7 Likes

I use packing tape lol. She couldn’t that off! Just once around, that’s all you need.

1 Like

Don’t give her drinks after 5 pm . And put her in panties she will learn . Good luck :pray:t2:

Waterproof mattress cover, cut off drinks early, encourage bathroom use before bed and naps and a reward system for a dry bed when she wakes! Annnnnnd patience!

7 Likes

Put a one piece on her/ him backwards

A onesie on backwards with footie pjs on backwards stopped my kids.

1 Like

Cut off her fluids around 7 pm . Make sure she pees before going to bed . Tell her she has to learn not to pee at night in bed . That she can’t go to pre school until she don’t wet the bed . I was lucky my granddaughter got her big girl panties . Took a week to train her . she never once peed the bed . Remove the fluids at night is going to be a big help .

1 Like

Zipper pj’s backwards with safety pin holding the zipper tab closed

2 Likes

Everyone has great tips & ideas…take them 2 heart but also know its typical

1 Like

Honestly. I never put diapers on them at night potty training. I felt it defeats the purpose. Only in the beginning I would use overnight underwear until they were day trained. Then After a few times wetting bed they stop usually. I bought those wee wee pad things so mattress didn’t get ruined. I did that w both kids and after maybe wetting bed 4 or five times it stopped

3 Likes

When my daycare kids wouldn’t keep diapers on I put them on backwards

Turn the tab around to the back it may take her awhile to.figure it out but till then lol dry bed lol.my grandchild did this too that’s what we did after she couldnt get it off she stopped

Get her up and take to the bathroom at night. Pad the bed. Also stop liquid intake about an hour bed time

Toweling knickers. They are like cloth diapers with plastic pants. Also buy waterproof undersheets which will then make her bed feel wet. Also put a potty next to the bed so she can choose to use it should she need to in the night.

3 Likes

Put her in underwear and stop her liquids by a certain time. And get up with her in the middle of the night and take her to the bathroom

1 Like

Is it maybe making her itch?? Does she pull it off no matter what brand??

She probably hates the feeling so try thick training underwear then a water swim type cover.

id try underware n wake her up before u go to bed to pee on potty i used to wake my kids up twice during the night to go potty n they were nighttime trained in a week also no drinks after 8 pm works as well if she needs a drink fill cup half way

1 Like

A one peace suit zipped at the back with a nappy pin underneath the zip at night.

turn it around & put it on backwards…put a sleeper on backwards also…

Trainer pants or use inco pads under her sheets

Why is she wearing diapers? Guess I’m old fashioned but if they are trained during the day they should be at night too

1 Like

I cut the feet off of jammies and put themon backwards… worked like a charm