Needing advice about eczema

Mom who deal with eczema,  whether you or your kid, what do you use? What do you wash with during bath? What do you use for lotion or creams? And mostly what do you put on your face. My 1.5yo is going through a rough time this winter, neither my husband, my other son, myself and other family member had to deal with this. We currently don’t use anything special for bath time and use aveeno eczema lotion (baby or reg.) and prescription cream. Vaseline makes it worse. Please and thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Try an oat bath! And pure coconut and shea lotion

Auquaphor bath and lotion my daughter had it since she was born

I used unscented body wash and hemp seed lotion on my daughter when she was that young. I also used all free and clear liquid laundry soap and liquid fabric softener and did an extra rinse. All these things helped her excema not flare up as bad.

Nothing worked for my daughter…I actually have her see a dermatologist and get prescription skin and hair care.

2 Likes

Baby lotion, dove body soap. lifesavers in their own. Nothing fancy. Unscented everything. esp laundry detergent. Download Yuka app and you can scan barcodes and it’ll tell you whether the ingredients are healthy or not. I have and over the counter cream and a prescribed cream that was only $2.75. I can send you pics of the names when I get home if you are interested.

Dollar tree has their version of aveno lotion and it works wonders especially if the skin is still a little damp with water. It helps with my eczema

So, we have a 14 year old who has had this and a secondary skin condition. It has been a battle from the very start.

We use Live Clean body wash. They also have creams and lotions. That’s on-top of the medical creams that her Dr. Has given her.

If possible get a referral to a dermatologist. We were first told that it was eczema. After seeing the dermatologist we discovered it was two different skin conditions. One being eczema.

Her skin has gotten alot better over the years. It’s contained to a couple of spots on her feet year round, and her hands flare up during the winter month. However it will be something that she will have to deal with the rest of their life.

My son’s ( almost 1.5) dermatologist told me to use cetaphil gentle cleanser, cerave moisture cream ( every morning and night) and cerave healing ointment (on the really bad spots every diaper change). We also have a prescription hydrocortisone ointment when he had a flare. These things together have made 100% difference and his eczema is so much better. Also, use a humidifier in babies room at night. Plus he has an oral prescription to keep the itching under control.

1 Like

I have it as well as my 1 yo. His is really bad. I give him oatmeal baths which helps soothe. I also limit baths to every other day because soap dries the skin out. Jojoba oil or walnut oil is GREAT. Then I put lotion on top. Every morning and night. The spots that are really bad I use desitin on. The zinc works wonders for it and desitin extra strength is the highest amount of zinc that can be bought over the counter.

Bleach bath ! Avoid aveeno . Use baby cerave