Needing advice on divorce

Please talk to an attorney, he/she can advise you on yours and his rights.

Child support and alimony

l get paid over $110 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15810 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE…https://Dollarmagic79.surge.sh

Wish I’d known that women’s income traditionally go down and men;s go up! Left myself and children way too impoverished considering his income and our assets. Listen to your lawyer!

2 Likes

Call a family lawyer. Don’t ask random gossiping opinions that are bored. This is your life. Not a soap opera. So don’t turn it into one or he will run you through the ringer and be in the right. Erase this post and call a lawyer.

5 Likes

Get a lawyer instead of asking advice here.Every state has their own divorce laws.

1 Like

It takes two take the kids into account,if you don’t need for them put in savings account when single things break and he’s gonna have another person lickety split and forget about his first family,my brother was a good man but when second wife came along his first four children were neglected,he did pay support just was never there for rhem

I see why men are so against getting married. Why are we like unable to make our own money or something?? Why do you have to take literally half of everything he has or earned? Maybe it’s just cause I’m a single mom of ttwo and I’ve never received a penny of child support even though there is a case against my bd. He works under the table when he does work and never paid a cent. I would never get married with the intention to take half of everything if things didn’t work out I wouldn’t even get married unless I didn’t think there would be an end to us at all! Not trying to disrespect op just saying all of society’s ideology that women are ENtitled to half of everything is just ridiculous in my opinion. I’ve been making my own money since I was 16. I have worked as many as 2/3 jobs while being a single mom. I just don’t understand where allll the expectation and entitlement comes from these days. All of you receiving child support. Good for you. But there are plenty of us that don’t receive anything and we make sure our kids are taken care of. Just saying
Not here to argue probably wont even see your reaponse

8 Likes

Do no contest divorce if you have already decided on everything. But have everything in writing.

Talk to an attorney.

If you make more money than he does, you will be paying alimony. That’s why I kept my mouth shut about it. Plus he can take half of your pension or visa versa. The children can still stay on his medical benefits.

2 Likes

Plus you should file for custody of the kids before he does. Although the kids are old enough to decide who they want to live with.

1 Like

Man, the amount of blood sucking house wives in here is unsettling.

We don’t even know the reason for the divorce.

get a good divorce attorney and they will help you with all your options, good luck!

2 Likes

Well usually spousal support is for like a stay at home mother who depending on there husbands income to survive or so i thought

1 Like

And are used to a certain life style and by divorcing they won’t have the same

Some states no longer do alimony

If you’re a guy in a divorce you’ll get SCREWED!!

Go live your life, you are full time , you keeping the home and as long as he helps take care of the kids and they are still on his health insurance plan that’s all you need. No need for the headache and the mess

6 Likes

Yes get what you can plus his retirement fund too.

3 Likes

Definitely get a lawyer. Don’t do this alone because he may later on not do what’s court ordered Your entitled to half of his 401 k. Make him keep insurance and get child support. Not sure about alimony. That depends on your state laws. Keep house , car and belongings in the house. All this has to be written down a certain way that’s why it’s important to have a lawyer involved

3 Likes

You do you, what ever you can live with. Or without. Everyone has opinions but unless they know your situation they are all irrelevant 🤷

1 Like

Talk to an attorney some of these issues may vary by state.

6 Likes

Your lawyer is in charge.

l get paid over $110 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14863 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE…https://Dollarmagic134.surge.sh

A lot depends on what state you live in alao

1 Like

Ask for kids to stay on his health care plan. Work out custody.ask lawyer what things you can ask for concerning your children. Shared expense like college ,etc? Its good to ask.

2 Likes

50/50 my dear - and yes support & health insurance - it is your right

2 Likes

You need a lawyer, not FB. Every state has it’s own laws and guidelines. Only ppl who know your state can be of counsel.

2 Likes

You have your money he has his. If you know you have a place to live and your kids do as well, why spend either of your money on divorce lawyers or the battle with courts and fees and such, that is sooo much money. Why not come to an agreement with your kids about what their wishes are to live, visit, etc. And actually joint parent? Why should the way your parented in the home be different just because it’s 2 homes now… your morals, rules, expectations, etc should still be important and would highly benefit your kids to not drag them through a already rough time.

2 Likes

These are questions for a lawyer, not Facebook.

2 Likes

You need a lawyer and a court date, Facebook can’t help you here you get what the court order says you get!

1 Like

See an attorney for the best advice

1 Like

l get paid over $110 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15463 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE…https://Dollarmagic154.surge.sh

1 Like

Go half on everything!

It all depends on if he’s being negotiable or if it’s going to get messy, especially for that 401k. As far as spousal support idk if you’d qualify for it since you’ve been working, again idk the whole process of how it works.

1 Like

Get as much as you can. Not because of greediness. It’s for your kids. Kids are expensive and with inflation now, more. Plus, divorce doesn’t take away the responsibility of being the father so he’s financially responsible for them until they are of age. I understand your nervousness. I was shitting bricks when I made my decision but it had to be done. I am a single mom and sole provider per say (do have child support). Get spousal support if you can. Otherwise, compromise no spousal support if something arises. In Texas, it is his responsibility to cover health insurance for the kids, but you gotta watch out. Some guys stop working and change jobs and drop insurance and your kids will be without health insurance until they get another or you get it. It happened to me. All situations are different. You should base it on how much you know him and can trust him. As long as you do all for your children from heart, that’s all that matters.

Spousal support half of 401k plan alimony child support until kids finish college and medical for kids and keep the mobile home

4 Likes

Since you work you won’t get spousal support. Do you own the moble home or does he own it? Was mobile home bought before you got married? Whomever owned it before marriage is who it will go to. If you bought it together and you want to keep it in most cases you may have to give him half of the cost of purchase price. If kids are under 18 depending on what state you’re in will depend on how much child support you’ll get. Best thing to do is talk to a divorce attorney

1 Like

l get paid over $110 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17014 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE…https://Dollarmagic182.surge.sh

1 Like

You are entitled to half his 401 k.

2 Likes

You need to discuss this with your lawyer.

If the mutual decision was for you not to work or if he made considerably more I’d ask for spousal support along with child support. Also ask for him to help pay for college, trade school or other training for your kids.

1 Like

Split all medical expense’s till kids are 18, child support, keep the house.

I would see your attorney but you should be able to get a portion of his 401k and may be spousal support.

2 Likes

I mean you could ask him if you can stay on the plan and maybe you just pay separately for your portion of the health insurance, but I don’t know if that’s allowed with the policy considering they would have to be a dependent essentially. So you would have to ask him the specifics. But as far as spousal support, I wouldn’t. Since you’re already full-time employed, that’s kind of unnecessary because a judge is going to look at it as if you’re working. Why should you be awarded spousal support and you’re going to keep the house So you could ask, but frankly I don’t think a judge would give it to you. However, since you’ve been married for a certain amount of time, you might be entitled to a portion of his 401k

I’m sorry why would you stay on HIS insurance? Why would you get any of HIS 401k? Why would you need spouse support?

You freaking work correct? The only thing he should be required is child support, insurance for his kids, and help with his kids.

5 Likes

34 years? Wow… marriage counseling not a go? Divorce means a clean break… if the kids are over 18 then he doesn’t need to provide child care… but he should if he still cares…

Talk to an attorney. Don’t go cheap either. Get local recommendations for a local attorney

3 Likes

How greedy do you want to be?

Dont ask facebook ask a lawyer

3 Likes

You can do a legal separation and still stay on his plan.

People laughing at this post, I’m shocked, 1 . You dont know if the marriage ended nicely, 2. You dont know if he cheated etc shes asking advice because she has spent her life with this man and has kids personally this man what ever has happened should make sure his kids and her are looked after properly especially if he has a massive income, 34 years is a long time in sorry your marriage came to an end

15 Likes

Half the 401k is yours. Depending on who makes what he may be forced to pay alimony for ten years.

Get a good attorney.

Take your half of any money out of the bank before.

Give the record of it to your attorney.

3 Likes

First, you need a lawyer, 2nd, if you make more then him you aren’t getting alimony. 2nd,he make petition for the kids. Not as cut and dry as you think.

3 Likes

You should try to maintain a civil friend ship with your soon be ex, to discuss matters related to the teens. All other matters should be discussed with your lawyer.

2 Likes

This entire thing is ridiculous to me she fucking works full time and is keeping the house and kids does she not have a 401k or savings of her own. I’ll never understand why it’s ok for a women to just take everything a mans worked for and just fine fucking encouraged actually. I understand if she was a stay at home parent needing spousal support but a man shouldnt be fucking condemned and financially fucking raped for being a man. She worked full time too and she’s getting the fucking house like men deserve to be able to survive financially after a divorce or shouldn’t destroy his fucking life just because they fell out of love THEY being the key fucking word. She had just as much time to save money as he did and if she didnt that’s on her for not using her voice and saying I want savings too.

Google what you need to do before or during a divorce. There are list that will help you. Also look up your laws for your state. What ever you do do not give up his social security, it may be more then yours , or anything can happen between now and then you may need his instead of yours.

2 Likes

You should get your own plan unless he’s in agreement with the divorce

1 Like

Do you plan on 50/50 custody ? If so then why the child support ? You say you had invested 34 years in to the marriage like it’s a property but so has your husband ??? If he pays child suport wouldn’t that mean you have to put health insurance for the kids ? It would be pretty out ragout of you to seek spousal support when you don’t need it. If you want everything financially from a relationship but not the relationship you need therapy

3 Likes

Make sure you have him at least pay for half of college costs depending on what happened if not all! You should get maintenance for at least 7 years! I worked too part time. Unless laws have changed?
Child support! You are entitled to his pension unless you waive your right? Don’t! You’ll be okay! :+1:

1 Like

Your entitled to his retirement. Make sure to get half. Same goes on yours. Go for all of it. Child support and spouse support. If you own a home sell it and split the money. If one wants to keep it then they can buy out the other. Get an appraisal. You won’t be able to stay on his insurance after your divorced. Get a good attorney. Moods always change during this.

Laws vary by state. Get an attorney.

Spouse support depends on what State you live in. If you live in a no-fault State, the divorce can occur for any reason and you can’t get alimony. Also, it’s unusual to be allowed to remain on his insurance once you are divorced. The courts will usually order him to insure the children, but not you. The court will decide who gets the family home. You may get to keep it if he doesn’t object. If he fights you for it, the judge may decide in your favor if you get custody of the kids. Or the judge could order it sold and the profit divided between you, depending on how much is still owed on the mobile home. As for his 401K, you can ask for part of it, but since you already have separate finances, I wouldn’t count on getting it. That’s something to ask your lawyer. The amount of child support depends on how much each of you make. If he makes a lot more than you do, that will be reflected in the amount of child support. It depends on the State. Some States are pretty persnickety. They seem to soak men. Again, I wouldn’t count your chickens before they’re hatched. Your ex-husband-to-be may want custody of the kids. If they’re teens, they may have some say-so in who they live with. He may get them, or you could each get one. Or you could get joint custody, depending on how far apart you end up living and where their school is in relation to where you both live. It may not be as easy as you think. Find out from the kids what they want as far as living arrangements. Then make your plans accordingly. I hope this has been helpful. In most States, an uncontested divorce where everything has been agreed upon are usually final 60 days from the date they are filed. Using a lawyer is expensive, but advisable because paperwork is a headache with forms and filing fees and so forth. Plus if he gets cute and wants to wiggle out of something he agreed to, you don’t have to argue with him. That’s what you paid the lawyer for.

1 Like

1/2 his 401k. Child support through college. Plus 1/2 their expenses an spouse support unless you make more then him. Then he might could ask for it

2 Likes

Half the 401k. Child support. Keep the kids on his plan. You carry on own. If your working full time SS probably won’t happen.

2 Likes

Ask for

1. to claim kids on taxes
  2. full custody
  3. to ask dad to provide health/medical/ eye vision ins until completed college
  4. to provide child support until graduated from college
  5. if in Tx you have the right to spousal support
  6. you can NOT be insured by him if divorced
  7. every 3 yrs you can ask for eval his income to raise child /spousal support.

34 years is a lot to start over from!

Get everything you can get from him and yes he pays child support and if they go to college make him pay .

1 Like

You can take half of it all but I would split everything fairly. His pension gets split with yours. Will spousal support really define helping make you survive on your own or you just want it because your “entitled” to it. Not trying to be snarky but all these comments of make him pay this and that is crazy. It’s a two way street. Do your best to help each other in the divorce. In the long run it may just help teach your kids something. Men get screwed over so much, even the good ones. And yes I have been divorced and didn’t take everything. So speaking from some experience.

11 Likes

Being a female a lot of u are Greedy u work why can’t u support your self why take what he worked for sorry if it was your 401k and stuff would u give him half ? I just walked out after 22 years yes it’s hard to start over but why take him to the cleaners sorry not sorry that’s what’s wrong with woman today they just want money

8 Likes

Ask for everything u want can get

You cannot stay on his insurance plan but you can ask the the children do. Alimony largely depends on the state you are in. I was told that I would not be able to seek alimony because with child support it brought our incomes to about even. Even though he makes almost triple what I do. You have to decide on a visitation schedule for holidays. And most of the time that looks like you have the for Easter in even years he has them for Easter in odd years. You have them Christmas Eve in even year and Christmas Day in odd years and he get them Christmas Day in even years and Christmas Eve in odd years. For primary custody depending on the age of the children the court may let the children decide who to live with. If you are now goi g to be the sole provider have it written into the divorce document that you retain the right to claim the children on your taxes. Also he pays half of all medical bills and extracurricular activities. If you have more than one vehicle then you should seek to keep one. Pretty much the lawyer will have you list out anything of value and you will have to disclose any and all income and debts. You should also get half of his retirement plan.

2 Likes

You provided the time for that 34year old 401k I think your entitled to half since you also work.

2 Likes

Take all you’re entitled to. Being a martyr does your children no favors. They deserve the same quality of life they’re used to regardless of which parent they’re living with

Go to a lawyer and ask him or her these questions!! Then make up your mind and Do It!

I started over after a 32 year marriage. Best thing I ever did and should have left way sooner. You can do it and ask for anything that an attorney says you are entitled to.

1-Alimony/maintenance
2-Child support until kids are out of college
3-Split all 401k/retirement accounts (QDRO)
4-college tuition for the kids or at least 1/2
5-medical, dental, vision for the kids until they are out of college
6-credit card debt if he ran up any and you can prove that it was HIS spending
If like me and you stayed way too long, you will be sooo much happier when he is gone, good luck!

3 Likes

Get a lawyer to advise

You should get some of that 401k for the time you were with him!

1 Like

How about getting some legal advice, as opposed to getting opinions!!!

I’m sry to hear this.but you need to.ask a lawyer not face book dear

Sounds like you just want his money.

1 Like

You want half of everything even his cpp if he made more then you…also ask to stay o his benefits…child support, spousal support… part of his retirement … an the list gose on your lawyer will help you with this

You’re keeping the house and you still want half of everything? Jesus. No wonder they say women benefit from divorce more than men.

1 Like