Needing advice on losing weight quickly to join the military: Help?

I am thinking about joining the military to help my kids and me. I am 33 now and will be 34 in October. I need help to lose weight since I had a baby a year ago. I have to lose 40 lbs in order to join. Any ideas or advice that will help me to lose weight will be appreciated. TIA

7 Likes

I 100% believe in weight watchers!! U stick to the plan which is very doable and u will see results.

3 Likes

Keto diet, workout at a gym, cardio to burn fat, lifting to shape and tone. Make sure you’re getting all your daily vitamins and fiber intake. Your body will naturally shape into what it’s meant to be.

I lost 55 pounds in 4 months on weight watchers

1 Like

Intermittent fasting! Along with a low carb, no sugar diet.

3 Likes

Tons of cardio. It will pay off while on duty

1 Like

Keto diet really works super fast if you do ot right

2 Likes

HCG. It works fast if you really follow it.

This group is amazing and full of success stories

I do Intermittent Fasting because Calorie counting didnt work. I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks

1 Like

After my first I just cut carbs and walked every day! Along with breast feeding I skimmed down quick. I plan on doing the same thing after this pregnancy, I’m 38 weeks now :slight_smile: good luck !

Whole foods… Cut out sugar, flour and white rice… Also starchy veggies like white potatoes… Focus on whole grains, fruit and vegetables, and protein with every meal… Lots of water… Look up Trim Healthy Mama… Very sustainable long term…

2 Likes

They have crèches in the military?

I didn’t think you could join the military after age 28

Keto diet and lots of cardio.

1 Like

Use the Military diet, it works.

2 Likes

How can you find a meal plan when you are a VERY picky eater? I’m having trouble losing weight because The window of food to eat to lose weight is small and the food I like is even smaller.

1 Like

Go-to gym. It builds you up the way you need for the army.

You’re also allowed to get a wavier to prove you’re physically fit without losing the weight. It can only be done at MEPS

Start doing PT. Find out what exercises you would have to do on a regular PT morning and do those. That way when you enlist you are already prepared.

3 Likes

You’ll lose the weight in basic so I wouldn’t worry now :joy:

2 Likes

Go talk to a recruiter they may make exceptions like if you start losing weight. Also if u do good on that academic test they could make exceptions so go study while you run on a treadmill!

1 Like

I was an Army Medic.

And you’re gonna set yourself up for failure if you focus too much on your weight.

Aim to train for the Physical regiment that you’re going to be doing in basic. The weight will melt off.

Drink water only. No juice, no soda, no coffee.
Portion control. Only eat three times a day. A protein a starch and veggies. No snacks. None. No chips. No candy, no sweets, no coffee.

You need to start running. You are going to be doing a lot of running. So start getting used to that. Wake up at 6am and run. Cause that’s what you’re going to have to do when you’re in. If you’re not a runner (I wasn’t and I’m still not) run a quarter of a mile every two or three days and add a quarter of a mile until you can eventually run two miles with in the time that the Final fitness test allows with your height and gender. As your recruiter or look it up online.

Go on long hikes at least once week with a heavy book back. Or one of your kids on your back. Hills are great for training in. The final march is a b i t c h. Mostly Because you march to your location and march back only to do your final physical test. Yep. You’ll be exhausted.

Every once in a while throughout the day drop and do push ups. For cursing, for wanting a snack, for your shoe laces being untied, for your hair being messed up, for your kids messing up a room, when your kids are in time out. FOR ANY DUMB reason. Because that’s what’s gonna happen in basic. Lmfao I have some great memories of getting my a s s smoked for someone else messing up. You will be pushing all day sometimes.
While you’re at it add sit ups.

Every now and then smoke yourself. Do push ups until your arms are jelly then turn on your back and do sit ups until your abs burn then turn on your back and do leg lifts until you can lift your legs anymore and repeat

Do that until you can pop out as many push ups and sit ups you need to pass the final Fitness test.

Purchase one of those push up bars that you can hang on a doorway. Put it in a room you constantly have to go in and out of. Every time you go in do pull ups. And lift your knees to your chest.

Anyhow. I wish you all the strength and determination in this world. Thank you so much for even considering joining. :two_hearts:

12 Likes

Cut out saturated fats & sugar & walk each day - the lbs will melt off☺ Eat lots of salad & fruit. The sugar cravings will go away☺

1 Like

Start to lift. Eat better. Cut out all junk, all processed foods, all bad sugars. Stop eating past 6pm and get more active. Eat carbs…its good for you…but just do so in moderation and maybe keep a food log so you hold yourself accountable for what you put into your body. Drink only water. No more juice, no pop.

2 Likes

Ex army here :raising_hand_woman:t2:

Run everyday. Eat well but not to excess.
What regiment are you looking at?
Do you have someone to take care of the baby as you’ll be in training for at least 3 months followed by phase 2 training another 3 months depending on regiment. Personally I went from phase 2 to 6 months training In my regiment for Iraq which meant a lot of travelling and weekends working to being deployed for another 6 months ( all of these training regiments and your final regiments will be in different locations so I’m not sure how a mother of a very young baby could join up tbh as you’re looking at at least 18 months of moving around constantly and being away from home when you join up as a regular. Good on you for wanting to join up but personally as someone who joined at 16 the majority of new recruits are 16/18 yr olds ( in :uk:) and don’t have to worry about kids or responsibilities. The army do have a crèche for when you’re on base. I just don’t know how it would work unless your partner could take primary care of the baby.

Look after yourself - it’s rewarding in many ways but far from easy.

1 Like

Nah I do how ever know a guy who has cutesy in put all there check in the bank for the kids in takes care of them like a parent should provide for there kids out his own poket so I think everyone should do it that way lol

walk and walk Dont eat late and when you do eat light only until your not hungry when your up to it start running Good luck

Don’t do keto that’s not good for your body. Try a Whole Foods diet or arbonnes 30 days to balance out each meal and get enough nutrition. Your body will do the work if you fuel it right.

Portion control, watch sugar intake and exercise!

Sugar fast. I lost 35 lbs in 3 weeks and it helped reset my metabolism. Nothing but greens and bone broth for 2 weeks. Then start adding meat next week. Then fruit the next. No carbs for a month! Its miserable at first but it works! And you will feel soo clean afterwards!

Watch how many carbs you eat, cut sugar as much as possible. I’m working on losing weight and am eating as much protein and veggies as I want with healthy fats like olive oil and organic butter. I don’t cut carbs 100% out of my diet, I just watch it. Try to avoid processed foods or foods that come in a package, avoid fried food and fast food as much as possible.

I drink ketones. Easy and super healthy :heart: and they helped me drop 45 pounds a year ago and I’m still maintaining. Good luck with whatever you choose to do and thank you for your service :us:

Make sure they’ll let you join first. They have age limits for joining.

I went to the doctor and got a prescription for phentermine for 2 months and lost 34 pounds.

My Endo Hass me only drinking a protein shake, yogurt & a piece of fruit for breakfast; eating a normal lunch & dinner, but eating 1/4 less than usual; trying not to snack between meals & a small bedtime snack. It’s been about 3 months & I’ve lost 36 lbs so far. Oh, also lots of water/sugar-free drinks. Good luck! Thank you for wanting to serve & protect our country.

Apple cider vinegar with the mother … take a shot in the morning and a shot at night and watch the fat melt away!!!

Low carb and intermittent fasting!
I’ve lost 60lbs in 10 months and maintaining! No pills, shakes or supplements.
Good luck :black_heart:

Strict keto, intermittent fasting, and working out. Join Ketogains on FB, lots of info and help.

hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) for Weight Loss: Injections and Drops My wife dropped weight quick but you have to do something to keep it off. Get it from a reputable place.

Portion control and Running, lots and lots of running and other exercise. It will help you lose weight and get through basic training easy, so you might as well just start and get used to long distance running now. I would do 30min minimum exercise morning and evening. Cardio is the best for weight loss, but you can find some good circuits on youtube using only your body weight to help with other muscles

I thought the age limit to join was 32?

Other than the diet required, start practicing at least the minimum physical fitness test they do. Like how long should you run for a 3.2km run, how many push ups in 2 mins and/or how many sit ups in 2 mins.

I really enjoyed the keto lifestyle

1200 calories a day and 30 minutes of exercise 5 times a week. I lost 85 lbs in like 5 months doing that. Of course I gained some back after having my children though

For those of you who have lost weight, are you also working out or just dieting in some way?

Look into keto diet… Just have to stay consistent with it. Works well for dropping weight quickly. Good luck :grin:

1 Like

Cut out all processed foods and sugars. Eat lots if greens and lean quality protein. Drink half your weight in ounces of water. Eat fiber with your fruits. Move your body 30 to 45 minutes a day. Rest and recovery days are just as important as training days. Fuel your body instead if feeding your emotions. Mindset it everything!!

7 Likes

Its really hard to say with just saying you need to lose weight. A lot of it depends on your body type, what you have tried etc and also how much time you can dedicate to this. What I do (I have an issue with my weight fluctuating. I’ll either gain and its impossible to lose or I’ll lose and its impossible to gain) is I completely cut out most red meat and stuck with chicken. I ate alot of veggies (peppers, green beans, broccoli etc) I cut out all sodas and mainly any kind of sugar related drinks. I mainly would drink lemon water and apple cider vinegar water. I also worked out while doing this, the trick is knowing how to do it and what pace. If you drop weight to quickly it can cause issues or you wont have the muscle mass you’ll need to get in. You’ll need to lose weight and tone. If you’d like to try what I did and what worked for me please feel free to message me and I’ll help you in anyway I can. It’s hard to switch but once I did I honestly never felt better or looked better. This route also doesnt bulk (I tend to bulk when I work out alot not tone). This made me lose weight while toning everything else

1 Like

Intermittent fasting. Drink tons of water. Eat small meals through day vs large meals. Cardio/ strength training. Cut sugar.

3 Likes

The sacred heart diet…pm me if you would like the instructions for the real diet. Not what you find on the interweb

1 Like

Consult a personal trainer. You don’t just need to lose weight you need to build strength and stamina. If you don’t you risk being recycled. Also FYI in case you weren’t aware if you’re a single parent you will have to relinquish custody of your children to someone you trust. Waivers are very rare and most recruiters don’t even bother. If I remember right the only exceptions are the reserves and the national guard.

2 Likes

Dont do all these fade dieting u wont be able to keep up with it in basic go high protien low carb plenty of cardio and strength training also look up the physical for what ever branch ur applying for and make sure u can make thier requirements

1 Like

I can’t stress this enough. Lots and lots of meth :skull::joy::skull::joy:

11 Likes

FYI if you need to lose the weight now can you keep it off? I had 12 weeks after my child to be back in regulation for the Army. If you become over weight and cannot pass a PT you will be discharged.

1 Like

Phatt program!!!
Look It up I swear by it. I tried a million diets and this works.

Talk to your doctor about your weight and why you need to lose weight they can lead you down a healthy way you can lose the weight and keep it off and also if need be prescribe you medication to help jump start your weightloss.

Lost 50 lbs in 9 months in keto. It’s hard and doesn’t work for everyone, but it worked for me. I probably could have dropped pounds faster but I was also working out for over 3 hours a week and building muscle.

Personal trainer if you can afford it

People saying drink tons of water do realize you can poison yourself by drinking more then you need right?

1 Like

Drink lots of water , try logging ur meals ( My Fitnesses pal app is good ) and try Jillian Michaels workouts

1 Like

Ummm. Your children need a parent!

Honestly, healthier smaller portions, TONS of water. You dont need to buy diet products from these companies. They only work temporary and once your off, your gonna be shedding those pounds back on. I lost 30lbs by drinking 60oz a day of water and eating smaller portions in 4-5 months. Every Sunday night I treated myself to my favorite dessert and I didn’t even need a gym membership but in your case, it be great to have one. You’ll wanna replace the lbs you lost with muscle.

98% of the effort is in your diet
Skip empty carbs unnecessary calories
Simple meals for fuel snacks are not needed self discipline :muscle:t3: