Needing advice on losing weight

I need advice on losing weight… I have been in recovery from bulimia and anorexia going on 7-8 years. I had my third baby a year and a half ago, and seem to have plateaued naturally (I’ve got about 20lbs to go to get back to my set point). Just looking for some advice on how to go about it. Being hungry/restricting calories really triggers me, and so I’m not sure how to go about it healthfully and safely.

2 Likes

You can restrict calories to a healthy daily caloric intake without starving, restricting or giving up anything just make good use of our calories allowed for weight loss. It’s hard and may need a little extra guidance from a nutritionist/Dr for you specifically but you can do it and do it healthy. Increase your lean proteins, vegetables and fruits. These should make up 80% of your daily intake an 20% for sugars and fats. Remember food is fuel for your body and while some may be higher grade none and I mean NONE are inherently bad. All things in moderation and one day at a time. Have a bad day then just rest and try for better than that the next then better then next and so on.

1 Like

Weight watchers is the way to go

Lift weights and walk daily

16/8 fasting 2 to 3 days a week. I was doing it all 7 to lower my cortisol levels because I’m a diabetic. I unintentionally lost 20lbs. You fast for 16hrs and eat for 8hrs.

1 Like

Keep lots of healthy food around. Seltzer instead of soda, plain yogurt and easy to add fruit lime berries, raisins, dried cranberries, put fresh fruit and cut veggies where it’s handy to grab them for snacks. Have bowls of little rice cakes or air popped popcorn around. Focus on lots of vegetables and lean protein for meals, eat slightly less carbs than you’re used to. Plan meals in advance and freeze a lot so it’s easy to microwave something healthy. Wendy’s salads or baked potatoes or chili or grilled chicken sandwiches are OK fast food; check which Subway options are less caloric and get the baked chips. CAVA and Sweetgreen are good eat-out choices, and Panera has nice salad and soup or half sandwich options. Unsweetened iced tea is a good choice of drink if you don’t water. The less sweets you eat, the less you’ll crave. There are a ton of different teas you can buy for variety from black to green to herbal.

I’m a personal trainer and nutrition coach. I lost 116lbs naturally and now help other on their own health journeys. If there’s anything I can help with or any questions you have specifically , feel free to message me!

I’d talk to a registered Dietician/ nutritionists for help, not the internet. If you have a family physician I’d start there. They may know of someone qualified to help.

1 Like

Go see a dietitian snd a theripist…they should be able to safely guide you to a healthy weight.