Needing advice on who to have in the room when I give birth

The dad of my children visited the kids after I pushed them out but I did have my kids on major holidays lol so it was hard to drop what he was doing and make it there prior

Only have the people/person that makes you feel comfortable. Fuck everyone elses feelings, you’re the one pushing the baby out! X

Whoever comforts you the most. Even if it’s a nurse. You gotta do what’s best for you and yours. Not what’s in everybodies best Interest.

Invite your aunt. It’s not about your mother. It’s about you and your baby. Decide weather you want the dad there the closer it gets. A lot can change in 4 months.

I would suggest maybe not letting anyone in. Always do whats best for you but it seems like you have a lot of guilt being placed on you to make these decisions and that is not at all the time you want any negativity around you - your’s or there’s. Let them all sit in the waiting room and enjoy the process to yourself would be my advice (mom of 3). It really is a beautiful moment and doing it alone will help reinforce your own selfworth and strength. I get the whole wanting him there because he helps comfort you, but you dont really need comfort there. You have doctors and nurses and your body knows what to do. Your aunt sounds like she will completely understand. And your mom may feel like she deserves the rite to be there but the first rule of motherhood is doing whats right for your baby. I would suggest letting them know you PLAN on doing it alone, but if they WANT to be there in case you change your mind, they are welcome to sit in the waiting room. You can always change your mind and ask a nurse to bring them in when you feel ready.

By the sounds of it just your aunt.
This is about YOU and YOUR baby. Not anyone else’s feelings.

You can have no one or him or auntie . If Mom stresses you ask her to watch you Son. You can have this baby alone .

You have a child with the father and no one else. He is the father to the child you both created TOGETHER. Lots can change in four months. What will never change is the fact that this child needs you both to co-parent from here out. No one else decides over this child but the two of you. I hope the best for you both and for the baby.

Let go of titles and shoulds and wants. It’s what will help you the most and keep you the most calm. No one can make those calls except you because we can’t say how you feel and that’s what it’s all about. From experience I wasn’t with my bf who later became my husband when my first was born and I wanted him there because of shoulds and obligations and him seeing his kid born and I still loved him but all it did was stress me out more. I still wanted to be with him and we still had our problems to work out, looking back now, I’d probably wait until after she was born rather than during. But hindsight is always 20/20.

Have only people who you really want in the room

You should 100% only have the person/people with you who make you happy and comfortable, despite what anyone else’s feelings are. It’s a stressful situation even when everything goes perfectly.

Question is WHO do you feel comfortable with? If having your mother in the room makes you anxious or upset, it will make your labour a lot more difficult and exhausting. Same with your baby’s father. What you need is someone that will actually comfort you and make you feel better.

1 Like

Nothing says you have any one there you will see them right after.

Whatever you do STOP making decisions from a place of fear. Nothing good comes from that. I’m not sure why you have a person living with you and helping raise your son when she gives you severe anxiety. You have a lot to pray/think on🙏🏼

1 Like

What it comes down to is who is going to not cause you stress in the room. Don’t worry about all the chaos and jealousy outside the room… with my first I had my mom and husband and it was peaceful. My second I was alone bc my husband was deployed and honestly. It was peaceful. I had a toddler at his grandmother’s house and I slept as much as I could. I’m not saying to go it alone I’m saying to do what’s best for you in that situation. I am a head strong person and would likely have the aunt and that’s it. Bc you don’t need to think about what the father has said about the baby or what your mother thinks. Go with what’s best for you.

2 Likes

have who YOU want in the room. this is your day :slight_smile: <3