Needing COVID friendly gender reveal ideas!

Hello, I am currently nine weeks pregnant with my second child. My husband and I started dating when my daughter was seven years old, so this is all new and very exciting for my husband. When I had my daughter (who will be 12 in December), I found out her gender during an ultrasound, but with this child, I really want to do a gender reveal for fun as I’ve never done one. My daughter is also very excited about the idea and wants to play an important part in it. Thoughts on how to do this safely during a pandemic? We could film it and only have close friends and family. There is something we have considered, but any suggestions are welcome! We have already talked about doing a drive through baby shower if we need to come Spring, but didn’t really think that idea worked well for a gender reveal. Thank You!

10 Likes

We did a parking lot gender reveal party. Everyone came in their cars. We handed them either a pink balloon or blue balloon based on their gender guess and they tied them to their mirrors. Then they parked in 2 lines facing inward and my husband and I stood in the middle and shot off smoke cannons.

3 Likes

Send a text :woman_facepalming:t2: I don’t see what all the hoopla about gender reveal is for. It’s strange to me to have a big reveal for whether the baby will have a penis or vagina. Hell a giant fire is burning because of gender reveal.

Gender reveal parties have only been a trend for a few years. I never did one and I’ve had 3 kids since 2009. I just found out at the doctors office and then shared with my family. No party no hassle. Call me old school I guess.

4 Likes

please don’t set off anything explosive–look at what happened in CA. Also please don’t use balloons–they are toxic to wildlife.

10 Likes

Don’t find out. That is the ultimate gender reveal.

17 Likes

Best gender reveal I saw was at a range. One parent shoots the balloon and pink or blue comes down. Is very cool!

we just had a small get together with immediate family for ours and let my 6 year old daughter cut the cake for a reveal! It was very nice!

4 Likes

Your best option would be you your daughter and husband do it Facebook live for all your friends and family that’s what I did

3 Likes

One of my friends filled the box with helium filled balloons. Then opened it up inside to reveal the blue balloons

Not fireworks. Lol.

What if you did an easter egg hunt type thing? Hide a bunch of blue and pink eggs and one has the gender in it and let your guests hunt for the gender?

1 Like

We are doing with close family but will go on fb live for friends to cut cake upon to reveal filling inside :heart: congrats!

Put pink or blue flowers in pots outside your house! Then people can drive by as they want to find out. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

When I was pregnant with my first, my mother in law went with me for my ultrasound and made me keep my eyes closed…lol…that weekend she had all the guests spray me and my husband with pink silly string. We wore white shirts.

I just told everyone what we were having. I don’t get the whole gender reveal thing :joy:

2 Likes

I just did mine yesterday at the park. We did a cake. Check out Pinterest there are so many ideas

We just did one a couple weeks ago. We chose a ballon and only immediate family. My kids poped the balloon so we can see if they were having a new brother or sister but it was a fun way to include the kids and safe.

Maybe like a scavenger hunt to make it fun for your daughter giving hunts and then the last “hint” be something to do with the gender.

Lots of balloons to pop.

We dyed hard boiled eggs blue and pink, and one by one the kids cracked them on their foreheads and the only egg that was what the baby was was raw. It’s hilarious and fun to see who gets the raw egg

1 Like

Gender reveal fireworks! Everyone will be outside in the open air and be able to social distance as needed.

Your only 9 weeks you probably will get to do a normal one before to long but I did mine with close family and did a Facebook live for everyone else to watch. It was a scavenger hunt/riddle game lol we are due in October so we had to find our pumpkin that had the color of the baby inside, then for pictures did the smoke & confetti cannons.

I saw a super cute “science experiment” one where when the kiddo (dressed like a scientist of course!) mixed two liquids it either turned blue or pink, that was super cute. Also saw an egg smashing one where you do 11 hard boiled eggs and dye them pink or blue, then leave the un boiled/regular egg dyed whatever color matched gender. Smash eggs until the raw one gives it away. It was fun!

For my sister’s we put some colorful balloons (blue ones) in a box which we wrapped in baby themed wrapping paper and then had my 4 year old niece open it and let the balloons out and we filmed it and posted it to Facebook or you could do a Facebook live

We did one around a month ago, we had close family in the front garden at my home and had it videoed for others. My 6yo girl popped the balloon as I held it and my other half let off a cannon as soon as the balloon popped. I wanted my daughter involved as much as possible, she wore a ‘big sister’ top… wasn’t very happy when the balloon popped pink confetti though :see_no_evil::rofl:

Do a drive by and hand out cupcakes with the appropriate color filling. Or y’all sit out front with pink or blue shirts and wave as friends cruise by. Or have everyone gather @ an empty outdoor parking lot with their own food & drinks. After most everyone is there, your family drives up in a suitably decorated car, or you climb out of your car in appropriately colored clothes with signs. You can set up a folding table with goody bags for guests to snag.

Alternatively, do the tailgate type event & give out bags with something in them of the appropriate color (cream cheese sandwiches with pink or blue food coloring in the cheese, cupcakes filled or iced pink or blue, a colored hard boiled or plastic egg, fun stuff with pink or blue tissue paper, a pink or blue glass & mini bottle of wine, water or juice, etc.

You could probably order little bags of pink or blue M&Ms with something printed on it (name you picked out for said baby, hearts, tiny footprint, due date, etc.) or bags of pink or blue Jordan almonds.

We loved ours (before all this happened of course) but we ordered a big blow up baby and I made a wall to be put outside. We counted down and I released yellow balloons which confused everyone and then had the baby boy walk out! It was so much fun! I can see that being super easy to distance as well. We did know and the friend who wore the baby costume. But everyone else didn’t know. I also have a blended family with a bonus daughter and bonus son and also my daughter. All the kids are much older so this made for a lot of excitement!

You could do a small gathering at home and pass out cupcakes with colored filling and pass around to adults and have them bite into them on the count of 3 and video it

1 Like

Colored confetti in a balloon or the hard boiled eggs is hilarious!

Before the reveal make people guess the gender. For the reveal you should Set up a board outdoors. Get as many balloons as there are guests at your party. Pour a little blue or pink paint into one of the balloons and the rest with water. Blow them up and secure them to the board. Give each of the guests a pin and see who is the one to pop the ‘belly’ first.

2 Likes

We did a gender reveal photo shoot

My Gender reveal about a month ago…Nothing special just are lil growing family is all I need I did post it on my fb tho…this will be my 4th My youngest is 9 so it’s all new to me to all the new baby items gender reveals etc I never had/did with all my others it was never a “thing” so this was fun and simple​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Good luck mama on whatever u wanna do and CONGRATS

You could do it live on Facebook with close family and friends there

Get a whole lot of tiny confetti cannons.
Mail them the every one you want included.
Massive Zoom party with a countdown!

You can do a zoom call. My friends just did that

Take the gender paper to a cake place they will make a cake that has the color inside so when you cut it you find out

We just did a Facebook live with a balloon

You think close friends and family can’t potentially infect you? Ask the Mainers that infected about 300 people by holding a wedding ceremony how they’re doing, the ones still alive anyway.
Today’s women are something else man…

Do a live on here or zoom or Skype or teams and some company’s do colour reveal bath bombs which your little one could then get a bath in so win win