Needing help losing weight

I need a better diet but I know the least thing about dieting or loosing weight. I’m also breastfeeding and I can’t find any app that will help me count calories and a breastfeeding mom. I need allllll the tips and also, I want to do yoga as well to help, I need tips for that as well!

4 Likes

Look into E2M Personal Training it’s an amazing program with trainers and food guides and a specific post partum group

Join Milky Fitness. Great group for breastfeeding mamas. :blush:

1 Like

Weight watchers has plan for breastfeeding moms and you get to eat so much food!!

Join the ymca… That’s what I did .

Weight Watchers has a breastfeeding plan.

Protein Protein Protein.
Protein will keep you full longest, it’s usually the lowest carb foods and it’ll tell your body “hey we’re not starving” when you cut calories

2 Likes

Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube is the best.
Caroline Girvan on YouTube for workouts
Do at least 1 30min walk a day
Lots of protein and veggies
I find a lot of recipe pages on Instagram.

The most important thing is your mindset. If you’re in the wrong mindset and you’re only focused on the scale, you will surely fail. Make it a point to only weigh once a month and judge your progress by how your clothes are fitting or how good you feel or small accomplishments like upped weight in dumbbells or being able to move your body in a way you’ve never been able to do before. Congratulations on getting started and wishing nothing but the best in your journey.

Focusing on eating less processed foods is a great first step! There are also a ton of free workout apps. If faith is a big part of your life, RevWell TV has faith based workouts that are great. If not, FitOn is a free app that has a ton of workouts, including postnatal choices! There is a fee if you want to do certain programs though

You eat food to gain weight, You eat food to loose weight. The more you eat the more weight you gain, the less you eat the less weight you gain. In other words eat in moderation no diet needed and this way your body is not deprived of the tastes and flavors it needs

1 Like

Skinless chicken and fish. Veggies.

Focus on vegetables and plant protein. Get the least adulterated meat & poultry you can as most of the U.S. supply is full of growth hormones that make s fat. Have healthy snacks easily available: cut carrots, celery, hummus, plain popcorn, dried fruit.

Take a guant

If you’re nursing, it’s suggested that you no not “diet” to lose weight.
Instead, just eat right by cutting out processed and refined sugars, choose low carb or better carbs (like whole grains vs white breads) and up your veggies and lean meats.
Find a way to get active. Walks, home aerobics, join a gym, etc. If you do this, you will lose weight.
So many people expect to diet and exercise and lose a massive amount all at once. It’s a process. There is no quick fix.
Also, drink lots if water and stay away from juice and carbonated drinks.

4 Likes

Usually a breast feeding mom automatically looses weight.but not always.

1 Like

Mynetdiary for tracking app or calculator.net for a calorie calculator.
Ultimately weight loss is about calorie intake with a 500-100 calorie deficit. You do not have to give up any foods as long as you eat within a deficit however the cleaner you eat the better. Think shopping only on the outside edges of the grocery store - fresh fruits, veggies and meats. Frozen is ok too. The more your diet is made up of these the better you’ll feel.
Cardio/exercise will help you burn calories to help ensure the deficit and no cardio is better than the next it’s all about what you enjoy and can maintain. Weight lifting is great too as it builds muscle which burns more calories longer after finishing a workout than cardio does and no you won’t get bulky or look like a dude as that takes very intentional diet and lifting to achieve. For at home workouts if you don’t have gym access try downloading fiton app.

You cannot cut calories or carbs while breastfeeding as you’ll lower or lose your supply. You need a minimum of 2,500 a day.

Eat healthier fats and foods. Cut all juices, pop, refined sugar.

2 Likes

Use an app like Lose It to count calories.

A good rule of thumb is while breastfeeding/pumping is that your TDEE ends up being 500 calories more than someone else who has the same stats as you (height, weight, etc.).

So for example I maintain on 2100 calories a day. If I reduce to 1600, that lets me lose 1 lb per week. If you had the same stats as me (height/weight) you’d actually want to do 2100 calories to lose the same amount of weight per week, as you’re burning more at the moment. Once you stop pumping or breastfeeding you’ll be burning less and will have to adjust the calories lower to make up for it. But for now you can eat quite a bit and still lose.

I would download Lose It, and set it at a slightly higher activity level than you actually are at to give you those extra calories that you’ll automatically burn breastfeeding, as it doesn’t have a breastfeeding option to my knowledge.