Needing laundry advice

I need laundry help! Our clothes have been coming out with lint or fabric particles on them so wben u shake them u see the particles fly everywhere and when u walk u can see them flying off your clothes. We recently got new washer and dryer and it didn’t change them and then I washed new clothes in the new washer and dryer and the same thing happened again. And it’s not just a little bit coming off our clothes it’s a lot and a lot of it is very small particles.

61 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/needing-laundry-advice/21333

Are you leaving tissues in your pockets?

11 Likes

Are you washing them with towels?

7 Likes

Are you using powder detergent?

1 Like

Clean lint trap every wash.

13 Likes

Having someone come clean the exhaust

11 Likes

Check your lint trap and make sure its cleaned out good.

1 Like

Lint trap, dryer sheets

2 Likes

Are you washing pants with paper inside the pockets? Sounds like it.

4 Likes

Get your dryer vent cleaned professionally and make sure your lint trap is cleaned every load. Also check all pockets prior to washing.

9 Likes

Try changing out the dryer hose. Lint collects and settles in it.

4 Likes

Bounce has a dryer sheet that helps with fuzz and fur.

2 Likes

Check the dryer hose

3 Likes

Check your pockets before washing, use dryer sheets :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Follow her on tiktok
She is an appliance tech

2 Likes

Dryer balls help reduce the lint and make the clothes dry faster.

Weird question but if you are using dryer sheets how many are you using per load? I found my dryer did this if I used two dryer sheets in the same load

No towels in there right?

1 Like

Check your dryer vents…the hose that attaches from the dryer to outside of your house …

2 Likes

Clean your lint traps haha.

3 Likes

Are you washing towels or blankets with your clothes?

2 Likes

Don’t wash your towels with your regular everyday clothes. Towels should have their own load. It makes a difference in the lint that clings to your regular clothes.

3 Likes

Tissues in pockets???

6 Likes

I have some lint still left on my clothes too and we recently bought a new washer+dryer. Even have a new dryer hose and vent so idk. I think what’s wrong is maybe it’s a cheaper one this time…? Last time we got Samsung but this time it’s a GE I think.

Is your washing detergent dissolving correctly?

2 Likes

Clean your dryer vents with an air compressor. Check pockets and don’t wash towels with regular clothes. That should help.

1 Like

don’t put cotton towels in washer with other clothes, honey, and don’t ever use dryer sheets, they cause tons of house fires, the fabric softener clogs up the vent pipe

2 Likes

Check the dryer Vent- in the dryer and the hose

You have to clean the metal hose that vents outside. It needs to be done every 3 months it can cause a fire . They have vent cleaners at Lowes.

1 Like

Did you clean your lint trap
Also is the hose to the dry secure? The one that expels?

1 Like

The dryer sheets put a film on the dryer drum and can build up on it and dryer will not effectively and can cause a fire.

Some houses have the dryer vents on the house make sure you get that cleaned out it could cause a fire.

3 Likes

It’s the filter for the lint check outside the house where it catches the lint it is most likely clogged . Same thing happened to me

1 Like

Towels with your clothes ??? I wash my towels separately some people put them with their clothes

4 Likes

Use liquid laundry soap and don’t over fill washer and get lent free bounce for dryer.

1 Like

Have you cleaned the vent to dryer?

1 Like

You tubbing from the dryer to output needs cleaned or replaced it how most home fires are started is drier lent buildup

3 Likes

Call a HVAC company sounds like your vent outside might be clogged super big fire hazard :grimacing::flushed: you can also YouTube how to clean yourself with a special cleaning attachment for a screw gun

2 Likes

Use a shop vac or leaf blower and clean that vent tube.

5 Likes

My kiddos got these super soft glow in the dark blankets from Walmart and even though they feel the same as all their other throw blankets, these will cause this issue every single time. They have to be washed and dryed by themselves. I’d check the clothes your trying to wash and see if there’s a similar material causing the issue

1 Like

Clean your lint trap

3 Likes

Washing towels with clothes or overfilling the washer will do that.

3 Likes

Maybe the vent needs cleaned.

2 Likes

Your dryer vent maybe be packed full of lint. I’d have a company come out and clean it. That’s a big fire hazard.

3 Likes

Get a snake and clean you dryer vent. Those things hold decades of untold stories. Vents are the most forgotten places to care for in a house.

2 Likes

Someone told me to purchase dryer balls made from wool

Are you washing your towels or fuzzy blankets with clothes?

Clean the vent tubing, check all pockets prior to washing, and smaller loads

If you are washing an item like a fuzzy blanket or something that has lots of fuzzies, wash that item separate with vinegar and will stop that from happening.

2 Likes

Thoroughly clean filter system and hoses.

Find out what article of clothing or linens is shedding and dry them separately. I have brown towels that shed so they go in the dryer by themselves!

1 Like

Clean your lent trap and check your external vent!

Dont wash towels etc with clothes

1 Like

And then after you do all that, ALWAYS wash and dry your clothes inside out. Your clothes will look new and last for years. Separate all your clothes, white clothing, colors, towels, white towels that must be bleached, sheets and delicates. Your clothes are a big investment and you should treat them that way

7 Likes

Try drying a little less time…kinda sounds like your fabric is getting too hot…that’s y the floating fabric…just a guess

Make sure the lint trap is emptied after each use. There are lint catchers you can buy online to help limit lint sticking to clothing. Also make sure what you’re washing isn’t a fabric that contains a lot of loose fluffy material that can really ruin a whole load of laundry. Trust me I’ve made the mistake of washing fluffy ass blankets and house coats in the past and had the same issue.

I took the hose off dryer vent it was so clogged I vacuumed out what I could fit gallons of water poured in hose the rest of the lent came out

2 Likes

You may be over filling it.

Don’t wash towels, wash clothes, fuzzy blankets, sweaters, etc. with them. I wash towels and wash clothes separate.

2 Likes

I bet your dryer vent is clogged! It is a fire Hazzard!! Look where it goes outside :eyes:
Be sure it is venting properly from the dryer to the outside of your house.

6 Likes

Put tennis balls in washer and dryer

I wash /dry all my laundry together these days and it makes no difference to anything unless its something new or extra fluffy.
If you use laundry powder it may be you’re using too much or you’re putting in too big a load so its not melting / rinsing properly. Causes a kind of dust when you shake out the clothes. Looks kinda like dandruff.
Only other time I get that is if I’ve washed tissue in a pocket.
Vent in the dryer gets cleaned every load . The hose goes out through a wall vent and gets cleaned when I change machines lol…never given me a problem

Wash towels n blankets separate

4 Likes

Do you separate your laundry as in lights, brights, blacks, white, towels, fuzzy blankets etc? And do you clean your lint screen in your dryer after each use? Do you check and empty all pockets before you wash? paper or napkins can cause that too

1 Like

Do you clean the lint trap? Not being funny but some people legit weren’t taught how to do laundry properly. If that’s not the issue I would pull the dryer out and check the ducts that lead outside. They may be full of dust and lint

7 Likes

biden is sending ANOTHER 3 billion, ( of
our tax payers money ) to the Ukraine to
be WASHED !! and your worried about LINT !
:two_hearts::us::rose::cyclone::ghost::blush::cat2::dancer::paw_prints::rose::us::two_hearts:
just saying …

5 Likes

Add white vinegar in your liquid fabric softener cup in the washer.
The vinegar smell dissipates as they dry.
Wash towels separately from clothes.

Check your dryer vent first- what goes outside & make sure it isn’t clogged bc your house could catch on fire… if it’s not that make sure you aren’t washing blankets or towels with clothes and if it’s not that, wash clothes inside out

Clean out the pockets of your clothes before washing…

1 Like

Clean your drier vent

1 Like

Clean pockets wash blankets towels anything that sheads last and clean lint holder out

Clean your dryer vent line from dryer all the way outside. I have a new washer, but all my clothes come out with White dog hair. Check to see if you have filter on your washer, run your washer on clean cycle. Use dryer sheet even if you use fabric soften in washer. Clean your dryer filer after every use. I also now have to run my dryer 2x once to dry, clean filter and 2nd time on air fluff to make sure all the lint, hair and other stuff comes off. One I have a White German Shepard that sheads OMG and 2 I don’t think washers and dryer work like old ones that cleaned and dryers that sucked everything off the clothes.

Wash clothes bedding towels , kitchen stuff etc seperate. Never together.
Clean out lint filters.

l Get paid over $128 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14238 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort318.pages.dev/

I have several suggestions:

1. Buy another new washer and dryer. Maybe the third time’s a charm.
  2. Don’t wash clothes. Just buy new ones after each use.
  3. Tell people you have magical powers and those aren’t particles - it’s an aura that emanates off of you when you walk. If they ask you to demonstrate your magical powers reply, “Nothing in life is free.”