Needing potty training advice for a girl

Mamas I need advice and tips on potty training my 2 year old daughter, she will wake up dry sometimes so I set her on her potty and she refuses to go…when I take her off she will go and pee on the floor…any tips or advice will be much appreciated

6 Likes

Try her on the toilet if she sees you using it, then she could be wanting to use the same as you. Praise her when she uses it. My lad never had a potty he was just straight trained to use the toilet.

Following because I have 3 of them

She might not be ready physically,just be patient,it will naturally happen,don’t push

Make a sticker chart and let her put a sticker on every time she goes!! Reward when she gets so many or end of week! Let her pick out small toy!! Try doing a Fri Sat Sun and let her run around in panties or naked!! Also as a grandma of a girl, I took her to the store with me, in panties and went to bathroom first, even if she didn’t have to go! We did the whole routine! She is 3 1/2 now, still working on the wiping part, but doesn’t have accidents anymore! We have the sit on potty for kids, I also have the stairs to climb up on with the potty seat!! She decides which one she wants to use, and sometimes will get up on toilet seat like she’s been doing it for years!! Patience and praise everytime! I would read her a book, let her watch a show on my phone, whatever it took!!

1 Like

might need to make her sit longer.

also, consistency! when i was potty training mine, i took them in the bathroom every hour & we sat for 10-15 minutes. i started on their first birthdays & they had it down within a month or so.

Get the stiff terrycloth undies for her, and some silky soft ones. If she pees in the nice ones, put the others on her. She will learn quickly that if she is good, she can wear nice ones. It works well.

1 Like

Buy her some pretty panties

I have two yr old boy he loves wearing pull ups setting on potty and has went once in potty but right now we r just testing waters getting him use to potty and I’m thinking of when he gets a lil better at staying on potty we go to underwear but I’m not sure if I should now or eaity

Book , tell her to try and sit longer, reward if she goes , turn the water on . Have her go and sit multiple times a day .

I saw a video of people having their baby blow bubbles into a cup with a straw supposed to make them go pee!

I gave my daughter am m&m for pee and 2 for poop. She got it quick

I put my kids on the potty sitting backwards and give them a dry erase maker bcuz they would never sit for long enough and relax. Comes right off with soap water

I used to give my girls a book to read while they were on the potty. I would stay in there with them and read my books/magazines while she read hers. Make a big deal…clap loudly, keep telling her what a good big girl she is when she makes in the potty. If she gets fussy take her off even if she hasn’t gone yet.
And yes the pretty panties all the time except for naps/bed help. My girls liked the ones that had ruffles the best.

1 Like

Leave her sit longer on potty and slowly run water in sink. Also do not use diapers or pullups on her only regular panties. She wont like feeling wet.

3 Likes

Try running water while she is sitting there.

She’s not ready. Wait until she is.

1 Like

Mt husband buys the filters from Amazon for half the price and replaces them himself

Put little undies on her and take her toilet every hr…when she goes in the toilet reward her…never punish after an accident…once shes caught on move up to nb 2s and do similiar but not as often. Always take spare undies when your out…Have had 3 girls and trained them from nappies to dry in 2 weeks…starting the summer they turn 2…good luck…u need patiece…if she goes on the floor dont react…just cln it up…maybe ha a special reward jar of something she really likes but only give it to her when she goes on the toilet

4 Likes

Yeah, keep her a** on the little toilet, run some water. If you’ve got to go pee and you run water you go, you don’t remember having her and how you couldn’t go until they turned the d*** watermelon. Try some of that s***

My daughter was dry at night for a solid 6 months before she showed interest in using the potty. The trick for her was letting her pick out her big girl underwear (she chose Minnie Mouse and Elsa) and I told her if she pottied in them we would have to throw them out. I coached her for the first 2-3 weeks, suggesting when she should go (usually every hour or two) and after a while she started to tell me when she had to go

It was also a big deal to her that SHE flushed the toilet.