Needing potty training advice!

Needing some major potty training advice…my son is not interested at all and is about to be two years old…hwo can I get him to go on the potty?

2 Likes

For me it was difficult until my oldest was ready (was about 3 years old) he just had no interest whatsoever. With my other 2 I waited until they showed interest. My advice would be to have him go with you in the bathroom when you have to go. It’s harder on them and us when they just aren’t ready or not interested. Good luck and remember to be patient :smiling_face:

I had the floor potty with flushing sounds for my son to start training at 2. He took that more as a toy so I stopped because I didnt want him to play. Waited a few months to try again. Same thing. Then I ditched the floor potty and got the stool that actually goes on the toilet. My son didn’t want anything to do with it. He will be 5 next year and is absolutely 100% trained now. I honestly didnt force it but did try and he wasn’t interested. Waiting was the best because he now knows his body and goes when he needs to with no fight. We did use nighttime pullups but would wake up completely dry so knocked those out too.
I would just keep trying. If there’s no interest don’t push it just try again few weeks later.

2 Likes

You wait until he’s interested. Get a little training potty for him. Explain what it’s for and ask him to tell you when he has to go so you can undo his diaper. You may want to try pull ups and he could then go on his own. He may be a little young for that.

My son wasn’t potty trained until he was 4. We decided not to rush him and to let us know when he was ready. meaning he would tell us once he used his pull up and he would take his pull up off. Once he was doing that we started having him go to the potty every 20 minutes and before nap and bed time and right when he woke up. We also took his pull ups away all together and only put underwear on him. To make it more appealing i’d let him pick which undies he wanted to wear. He had trouble wanting to poop in the toilet so we did a potty treasure chest then took it away after about a week. He’d get to have a treat or toy out of it every-time he pooped
in the toilet. If he pooped himself , he would not get a treat from the chest. He’s been using the potty with barley any accidents for almost a entire year now.
So move at his pace not yours, don’t pressure him and be consistent.
I also have a 3 year old who’s just now starting to show interest in the potty.( she’s starting to take her pull up off and she’s starting to tell us that she wants to sit on the potty( so we’re gonna start training her to and switching her to underwear.

You wait because… HE’S :clap: NOT :clap: READY :clap:

Good luck. That’s a bit young yet.

Just let him be. Kids literally potty training themselves. In the spring encourage him to pee on bushes in the yard and such.

I don’t think many people are successful getting a child under 2 potty trained but more power to ya😅 I can’t wait for my 20 month old grandson just to start using real words enough to tell me what he wants🥴

Let it go for a while. Two is pretty young especially for a boy.

let your husband help,maybe your son needs a man to see