Needing skincare advice

Not mom related but I need help with skincare! I’m almost 29 years old and I don’t have a skincare routine and I’m starting to see the effects of it. I don’t even know what skin type I have. I have dry patches, occasional acne, big pores, but my face gets super oily on my chin right before my cycle. I’m also starting to get fine lines. I don’t know what order of products to use, what cleanser is best. I’m just lost and intimidated tbh. I have $50 in ulta gift cards so I plan on going there to buy everything. I don’t need to keep everything under $50 but I’m looking for an affordable and effective routine. TIA!

6 Likes

Go get a facial. Your aesthetician will tell you what products & methods to use that will have great results for your skin type. We are all different. I love the “glowing” feeling after getting a facial.

2 Likes

Get a facial. A deep one.
You will probably be a little sensitive after that but any irritation will go away in a few days.
Get a nice foaming cleanser. I’ve used a bunch but my favourite is actually called rice water bright from avon believe it or not. I apply it with a silicone scrubbie because it really gets inn there but isn’t abrasive.
Get a good moisturizer for after cleansing that has retinol. I like Olay or Neutrogena.
Make sure that you use a good sunscreen every day too. I like Neutrogena or ombrelle.
The sun really does more damage than you think. Sunscreen even on a dull day is key.

Once a year I do a laser peel, I use an app called Yuka that tells me if there are poisonous ingredients and it’s for food or Healthcare and what better options would be. Mostly I use organic frankincense and organic Myrrh, organic rosemary and mix it with Organic pure vitamin C serum. It helps dark spots and wrinkles and scars and I haven’t had acne since I started it all. As an extra measure I have a two-tone red light mask that I use several times a week. Made me feel a little good I got hit on by 34 year about 2 weeks ago old and I am 55 and he had no idea.
I come from the time when you laid out 24/7, you had a tanning blanket that reflected and used Crisco and baby oil and water to try and get a better tan. So now I definitely use sunblock for sensitive skin on my hands my arms my chest and my face along with a vitamin A prescription cream for collagen building and it helps with wrinkles and dark spots.
For cleaning my face I use an organic frankincense soap.
I am huge about what you put in body also reflects so I do very very low sugar low carb lots of vitamin C vegetables and fruits and lots of protein

Ponds cold cream. Cleans face and neck very well and has soothing moisture.

1 Like

I agree with getting a facial. They aren’t super expensive and a licensed esthetician can tell you exactly what you need to know about your skin and goals for a skincare routine!
The spas I’ve gone to use dermalogica products which Ulta carries.
However I’ve become fond of Skinceuticals and La Roche-Posay brands for my anti-aging skincare.

1 Like

I’m an esthetician
Peach slices is :bomb: and affordable a f! Grab some of that toner and deep moisturizer
Simple brand is a good cleanser while also being cheap!

I use cerave in the shower. The witchazel rose water toner stuff and the cerave moisturizer and a few serums when I remember. If I don’t use the toner I use dr.teals hemp scrub stuff which helped tone down inflammation and redness while I was in the process of cutting dairy. The witch hazel was amazing for cystic acne before during and after pregnancy

So I’ve only used medical grade for years…or completely clean products…

For medical grade i love skinceuticals, PCA, skinmedica, OZ skin, Obagi.

Get a cleanser, a serum and a vitamin C and at night use a mild retinol.

For clean products check out Rowa Casa and primarily pure or earthly.

A moisturizer will help balance out the oils on your skin

Sounds like you need an exfoliating pad and a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil. GENTLY add about a dime sized amount of cleanser to the dampened pad, and go over all skin in small circles, a couple of times a week. Rinse thoroughly. Wash with the cleanser and your fingers the rest of the time, twice a day. Apply a light combination skin moisturizer while your skin is still damp.