Nexplanon side effects?

Good greif get to your dr. Quit messin around

I was on it for 6 years no side effects lost some weight had no period

I experienced all that, I had it removed a few weeks ago because I was tired of the side effects after putting up with it for almost 5 years since I hade it twice. I already am seeing a difference.

1 Like

I had 3 of them and no side effects at all

2 Likes

First time I had it I had no bleeding, the second time I had it I bled 3 to 4 weeks every 21 days. Now I’m on the depo shot and no bleeding so far. Never gained weight on either.

1 Like

i had it in for 6 months. bled/spotted the entire six months, had no sex drive, and extremely bad mood swings. never again.

1 Like

I bled for all but a handful of days the 6 months I had it. No sex drive and horrible mood swings.

2 Likes

My daughter gained 40 pounds on it but lost it all within 3 ms of taking it out, then got pregnant :laughing:

1 Like

Same exact side effects as you. I finally had it removed two weeks ago.

1 Like

On my 4th one and no complaints. Everyone is different. It takes time, trial & error to figure out what would work better with your body

1 Like

I’m on my second nexplanon and the only thing I’ve experienced is irregular periods. Sometimes I won’t get them for months at a time and sometimes I get them twice in a month. I’ve actually lost 29lbs. My sex drive has actually increased. I’m getting my tubes removed next month and I have the option of keeping it in as an additional safety net or I can have it removed when they do my tubal so I haven’t decided on that part yet.

1 Like

I gained weight, and cramps and general feeling unwell while on it. Oh and breakthrough bleeding for about 4 months straight

1 Like

Mine stopped working and now I’m 6months preggo with my son.

1 Like

Thank u all so much for your responses im getting it taken out asap.

And ill be trying a new kind of birth control

I’ve had this one is my first and its been almost 3 years

I had mine almost 3 years and I bled off and on pretty heavy. I would have 1 or 2 weeks a month I wasn’t on my period.

Iv had two in when I was younger it was fine I got another in 2yrs ago an just got taken out the other day as I kept bleeding all the time I’m now on the depo shot an no bleeding

I had it for six months bleed everyday, and gained 60 pounds!!! It was the worst experience with birth control I ever had!

Because I gained so much weight, the implant moved! I have to actually have 3 doctors come in to remove it! I have about a 1.5 inch scar where even as they tried to remove it, it shifted more into the fat layer my body grew in such a shout amount of time. It was scary!

Yup. I had it in for 3 years. No sex drive. Lots of weight gain . My periods were like 7 days long. It was horrible. Got it out 2 months ago. And my sex drive came back… weight I’m working on. Would not recommend, but everyone is different.

After 2 years with it in doctor told me you can start to bleed. Also had my gallbladder removed with it in. Haven’t had any bleeding been 2 years now. But everyone is different. The gallbladder removed can cause gain weight problems and if you eat greasy food you can have cramps. Now with memory lose, mommy brain I’ve had :joy:

Everyone’s experience will be different I’m on my 4th year with it and I love it it sucked it first I bled for about three months and after that I had no periods also I got it a month after I had my child. I actually lost weight with it I’ve had no issues with it. When I do get periods like this past year they are scattered or just spotting last year I did get more periods since I changed it but no other symptoms I’m very happy with it

I think I’m one of the few who love mine I haven’t gained weight no periods or bad side effects the depo shot made me suicidal so I switched to this and love it

I had a nexplanon but had it removed after a year because I got bad anxiety, but whether that was from the nexplanon or if it was from long overdue trauma healing I don’t know.

I’ve heard only bad things about this device from friends that had it. All had it removed soon after implantation. I’ve had a lot of success with Mirena, if that’s an option for you definitely look into it

I have a nexplanon(it’s expired and needs to come out now) but I bled like crazy the whole time I’ve had one, it’s my second implant and it did the same thing my first one did, huge weight gain, never want sex and very moody even though it’s supposed to be a low hormone. Now that it’s expired and still in my arm, I have completely stopped bleeding like for 6 months, have random spotting and I’m able to lose weight again. I didn’t like it but it was the better alternative for me since all other forms do way worse to my body.

If you have a question about your birth control, ask your doctor :woman_facepalming:t3: I’ll never understand why people ask Facebook for medical advice, also, what kind of nails page is this, this is the second “fan question” I’ve seen just now scrolling down my feed that has nothing to do with nails :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

I gained a lot of weight while I was on nexplanon. And my depression worsened. I didn’t piece it to it until 2 years after. But I had it removed ASAP. It was nice not having my period for 2 years but the weight gain and depression isn’t worth it

And this is about Nails, how?

I have had mine for 2 1/2 years. I was on my period for a whole year straight which they said was normal… was very heavy the first 6 months then Very light the rest. I haven’t had a period in a year now but I have gained so much weight and have really bad acne problems (which I have never had my entire life!!!). I have had nothing but issues since I have had it and I am beyond ready to have it removed. The only thing I like is not having a period now…

Slight loss of sex drive, otherwise literally ZERO issues and I’m on my third one

Yes horrible mood swings, and anxiety ,I would grind my teeth alot. I was very agitated, no sex drive . I had it removed 6 months later . No problem ever since then. I would not recommend this birth control.

I got nexplanon for my teenage daughter and she has gained a bunch of weight. But her cycles stopped.

I had a baby. Lol…

My sister was put on it shortly after giving birth and had her gallbladder removed too. She had a ton of stomach pain and tons of bleeding like on her period everyday. But turns out it was a uti. Now they got that clear she is good

Go to the damn doctor not fb.

Period non stop. Lucky to have 2 weeks off a period. Lack of energy fatigue… Mood swings etc… I took it out… It was killing me

I’ve had mine for 6 years and I’m about to go back to get my 3rd one replaced. Not a single issue

I only had dry skin and bad acne.

Welp, I’m unfollowing this page now :roll_eyes:

I’m in MMA, I know alot of dancers, and women that move around alot for work (construction, loading, etc.) Almost every single woman I know that’s gotten this had to have emergency surgery to get it removed because it broke or moved out of place.

I had it for a couple months then had to have it removed. I completely lost my sex drive, my periods became very irregular and the final straw was the depression.

That said, as you can see from the comments, I think that everybody is different and its important to talk to your doctor and if you decide to use it, stay open and communicative about what you are experiencing.

Gained 40lbs, mood swings, memory loss, it was horrible I had it two years then had it taken out. I’ve lost 10lbs since and no more crazy mood swings

I gained 30 lbs the first two months I had it inserted.

Im on my 3rd and I love it. No weight gain, irregular periods but nothing different as if I wasnt on it. I’ve always had a high drive and it doesn’t affect it whatsoever. I guess everyone is different but personally I like them more than the other choices of bc.

The first two years were great. Then, around the 2 year mark, my period started back up randomly which is not actually supposed to happen if your period stopped. I got in with the doctor asap and he agreed it was not normal. He got me set up with my next birth control and then I got the Nexplanon removed six weeks later (was unable to do earlier due to being super booked). Since then, I had no issues.

Get urself medicakly checked first like a scan

And gynecological followup