Night terrors in babies?

I NEED ADVICE ASAP!!! So my baby is 6 months, and he was just dead asleep. All of a sudden he woke up screaming for hours! He hasn’t done this since he was a newborn. I felt like he was screaming like something was wrong… He finally fell back asleep now, and I’m scared to put him back in his crib. What should i do?

8 Likes

Bad dream? Give him.comfort

1 Like

Has he been sick at all with a cold??

You do, what ever you feel comfortable doing.

Sounds like he has gas or may b teething.

1 Like

Did u check him for any bites make sure he wasn’t bitten by anything

Gas… nightmare… check for anything unusual. Most likely gas tho.

Growing pains! That’s is what my oldest dose still and she is four! My mother in law said that is how my husband was when when he was little!

Gas. Sharp gas pain will knock a 300 pound person to their knees.

Sounds like a night terror. My boy had one once and I thought I had a heart attack😳

Probably night terrors, my son had them and it’s the worse. Ad you put it he was sound asleep then waking up screaming bloody murder. Theres nothing you can do just let them know that you’re there and try caressing him. My son would push me away bc of his night terrors and once he woke up and saw it was me, he would hug me. Dont let him fall asleep for I think either 5 or 10 minutes bc he’ll go right back into his night terror.

Ask your pediatrician…might be night terrors…poor baby…
It will be ok

My advice would be to do all the checks:
Check his pamper
Check his mouth/gums
Check his temperature
Check for rash/bites
Check his fingers/toes for hair wrapped around
Check his body to see if any red spots could be itching him
Check if he’s hot or cold
Check if he’s hungry
Check if he has boogers
Check if his drool/milk is going in his ears
Check, check, check.
You know your baby better than anyone here so if you do ALL the checks, you’ll find it.

3 Likes

Definitely sounds like night terrors

i agree with everything all the mommas are saying. def leaning towards night terrors, but also keep in mind all the other things bc gas does suck for babies and so on…

1 Like

Night terrors he will be fine

It’s night terrors. My son went through it. Don’t stress yourself out like I did with it. You have enough to worry about. Extra loving, hugs and cuddles and it will pass.

Just cuddle him n try to clam him he will be ok

He might have had a bad dream…

Could be bad dream, or night terrors of their screaming don’t try waking them. Pat back and make shooshing sounds it helps them in their sleep.

Poor dude he prly woke up with a belly ache or had a bad dream. I used to lay mine with their tummy on my tummy when I wasn’t sure what was wrong… Idk if they had belly aches or if they just liked the comfort but it helps. Good luck mama he will be ok! It’s scary when they do that lol

It’s normal baby used to being in whom baby is ok

Nightmares can really upset babies, my son still struggles with this sometimes. Cuddles and backrubs usually help, with some music can help too :heart:

Night terrors? My daughter deals with this. So we always cuddle. Make her feel loved. She will hold me till she falls asleep again. We been dealing with this for a long time. She plays too much with her brothers.

Could be night terrors, could be teething, could be growing pains, could be an ear ache, an upset tummy, acid reflux… I’m sure he’s okay, especially if there’s no fever. Keep an eye on him and put him back to bed.

Probably a bad dream. I think he is too young for night terrors. Must have been scary.

Night terrors don’t typically start until age 3, so it’s unlikely that’s what it is. Night terrors generally involve the child not being responsive / awake. They’ll cry and cry but be completely asleep and unresponsive to you. Assuming he was fully awake, and considering your child’s age, gas or teething would be my first 2 guesses. If it’s gas, they’re typically stiff. Gas drops are amazing for that. If those don’t work, it could be constipation or some other digestive reaction. If you’ve started solids, it could be a reaction to one of the foods. My own 16 month old would wake up crying at night when she started teething around your child’s age. Tylenol and Motrin are your friends for that! If none of this seems right and it happens again, you should have him seen. Good luck!

1 Like

Probably a bad dream. He will be fine in his crib. Just put him back in. Could also be teething or a belly ache. Hugs to you…i know how scary it is but im sure its nothing to be worried about.