Our 10-month-old won't feed himself...advice?

Good morning mommas! Our 10 month old is a great eater but he refuses to pick up his pieces of food and feed himself. I’ve tried, larger pieces/stripes and smaller bite sizes but he just pokes at the food and eventually pushes it off the tray. Any advice? Surely he will outgrow this phase…… he’s our third son, I never had issues with the other boys. Thanks!!

2 Likes

Stop trying to make him grow :woman_shrugging: baby’s aren’t baby’s long enough as it is he’s clearly not ready to do it himself yet no harm in sitting with him and feeding him or helping him.
Every child hits milestones or does things different maybe he’s just not ready yet and tbh 10 months is still really young to be as independent as your hoping he will be :woman_shrugging:
Neither of my kids were and that’s perfectly fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

How does he go with his own spoon

Just let him do it when he is ready

1 Like

Maybe he’s not old enough. He is not ready.

1 Like

Try just dry cereals or yogurt bites . I’ve had littles that didnt like picking up anything squishy,sticky or wet but absolutely loved dry items ! At least until we practiced scooping with a bowl and spoon then they were ok!

He obviously isn’t ready same with potty training some aren’t ready for years he obviously just needs u to feed him for a bit longer xx

2 Likes

Babies go at their own speed…my son is a year and half and just starting to feed himself a bit. But, he also has T21 but I wouldn’t worry mama! You’re doing great! Your little one will feed himself when he’s ready :slight_smile:

You’re going to get too many varied responses.
Talk to his pediatrician, not Facebook.
Best of luck, mama.

i can’t say this enough, EVERY CHILD IS DIFFERENT. And as you’re saying he is not showing signs of readiness. He is still a baby you continue to feed him as before and let him decide when he’s ready. Seem like everyone wants their kids to grow up and do everything on there on. SMH

2 Likes