Parenting tips for boys?

I’m about to be a first time mommy of a sweet baby boy and I was curious for any tips, advice, basically anything that I should know before this little dude comes into the world! Thanks :heart:

9 Likes

The toddler years will have you on the edge of your seat😱

3 Likes

Literally the sleep deprivation has been by far the hardest part of becoming a mother

2 Likes

Dont blink, put your phone down, enjoy every second as much as possible , even the hard toddler times. For it will go by in a heart beat.

7 Likes

Boys are harder to potty train

1 Like

Take time for yourself when you can! Good luck mama !

It is okay to take 5 minutes to yourself. It is okay to ask for help. It is okay to bottle/breast feed. Sleep when the baby sleeps. Always keep noise on when baby is sleeping. Don’t forget to take time for yourself. You are NOT alone! Baby blues is a thing. Enjoy the good and the bad.

3 Likes

Boy pee everywhere! Lol.

3 Likes

Please get off your phone and go to sleep. Sleep in the morning, in the afternoon, at night. NEVER be awake. Just SLEEP. Sleep in the bed, on the couch, in the tub, outside, in the car. Sleep anywhere you want. Try new sleeping positions. Sleep in the floor. Sleep standing up. Literally SLEEP. There won’t be any sleep when he gets here.

5 Likes

If you’re breastfeeding—DRINK WATER. And more water. And after you’ve drank some water…have some more water. Invest in a good water bottle. :sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:

2 Likes

Infant stage can be hard lack of sleep, but it honestly I feel was the easiest… it’s when they start talking and walking lol you have to worry more

Don’t get shocked but baby boys sometimes get baby “boners”. Its not a sexual response at that age, more of a nerve response from what I’ve heard

1 Like

Careful changing his diaper. He will 'baptise ’ you.

3 Likes

Be careful when you change his diaper make sure you have diapers ready because a little boy can shoot far when he pees

You will be peed on. He will discover his parts and it’s normal, he isn’t doing anything wrong. Love on him as long as you can because he will be a teenager and that’s a whole nother monster. Always listen when he talks and tells you something without judgement, it will help him later when he is a teen to be able to come to you about the tough situations and questions about life or things he is experiencing.

1 Like

My baby boy would pee EVERYTIME I changed his diaper in the beginning. I was so tired so I just changed it in my bed and made sure I had a blanket under him and a new change of clothes lol good times

Sleep as much as you possibly can. I promise you, no amount of advice from anyone could prepare you for motherhood. Most of us still don’t even know what the hell we are doing. :joy:

1 Like

Cover his winky for every nappy change…their wee travels far :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Best advise is sleep when baby sleeps!!!

3 Likes

Hold him lots cause before you know it he will be too big

3 Likes

I believe no baby can be spoiled. If they NEED to be held, then hold them.
Time flies, he’ll be walking and running and saying no to kisses in the blink of an eye.
Enjoy your baby!!

1 Like

Point his penis done when you put on a new diaper. He can get erections, so don’t freak out. He will touch his penis, like A LOT.

Make sure they cirimsized him enough ask his daddy he will know dont be like me they didnt take enough of my son and now it gets infected so easily

2 Likes

Fed is best. Doesnt matter if thats nursing or formula. Do whatever is best for you and babe and no one elses opinion matters.

5 Likes

There is a period of purple crying and a such thing as the fourth trimester. If you need a breather, take it without feeling guilty. You will watch baby sleep, a lot, and NEVER get tired of it. The nights are long but the years are short!

Keep that fire hose covered. Wash cloth at bath time wipe or diaper during changes otherwise he’ll give you bith a shower

1 Like

Make sure his willy is pointing down when you put a nappy on lol if your breast feeding make sure remote phone drink and food are within arms reach. Make sure boob is put away after each feed as I have answered the door with one out once :flushed: if bottle feeding try to make some up for the night ahead. Don’t be ashamed to ask for help washing up cooking dinner anything! Good luck and congrats x

Dont compare him to any other child. Every baby is so different and has different needs and wants. If your in doubt call the doctor. Just a deep breathe and take everything by day. Raise your child how you want to. Dont worry about what anyone else thinks

1 Like

Embrace the snuggles when he wants them, he won’t always. Put the dishes down, they aren’t going anywhere, and play cars with him when he asks. Lose track of time reading him countless stories. Push him on the swing for 5 more minutes. Make some popcorn and watch his favorite movie together. Sing to him and dance around in the kitchen. Be silly, firm and loving. It goes by so fast. Don’t just be present, be active, be there for him and all present or future babes.:heart:

1 Like