Postpartum advice

I am due with my last baby in November and since it’s been a few years, I wanted to know what postpartum tips you ladies have? And did anyone use period panties? Thank you in advance

6 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Postpartum advice

I lived in the always discreet underwear diapers. They were so comfy. I personally sized up. They’re great for when you get your period back postpartum as well I got my back is it now I’m breast-feeding.
But take everything from the hospital. The ice packs that they have at the hospital are absolutely wonderful for down there immediately after birth. The tux pads are also great. I don’t know if this answers your question but I hope it does.

This was awesome. The disposable postpartum underwear was so comfortable.

Take everything from the hospital, you are literally paying for it unless it is actual medical equipment, take the picture take everything and use it wisely. Do not leave anything behind because they charged you all for it. That being said, you can get the discreet underwear for starts for the bits that are happening after having the baby. Use the squeeze bottle every time you go to the bathroom even if you have a C-section to help flush everything away. With regards to the period panties while they are good you’re going to go through quite a bit of them. I wouldn’t worry about them until further on when you’re actually getting back to the normal things and it’s very light after having the baby. if you wanted to use anything say you’re not that heavy I would suggest getting the always flex foam size 5 overnight they are very thin but they hold so much. I have a very heavy cycle after being a gestational surrogate and having my second C-section. They are a godsend. You can get the scented ones to use while out that are size 5 the flex foam scented ones. If you need to use something while you’re home and you wanted to have something that was quick, I would suggest using the panties that they have. Well. Pennies are nice, you’re adding to your laundry pile. I’m not sure if you’d want that sitting around or you’ll having to wash it with your babies items. You might have to do another load that you may not need to have to do right away.

1 Like

The most important tip I have is to take EVERYTHING home with you and always ask for extras. Clean that hospital room out…ice packs, pads, baby diapers, wipes, everything. I wish I would have done it with my first two because with my third things were so much easier having everything extra I needed. Even if you don’t use everything it’s still good to have and maybe even pass on to someone else that needs those things. :purple_heart:

Just know it’s important to take some time for your self so your not getting to over whelmed and having a super supportive significant other is also good to have or support of your family

I’m not using adult diapers does hope to tremendously. If you’re feeling sad just remind yourself that you got a beautiful child. Big hugs and congratulations

I used adult diapers especially since I didn’t have the greatest bladder control for a bit after I had my son. Embarrassing, yes, but practical, definitely. Also tucks pads were a lifesaver. The peri bottle is an essential. For me, warm water helped so much more than lukewarm or cool. Also, ice packs. Omg they helped so, so much. Wear old, soft comfy panties if you don’t wear diapers and also loose sweatpants so you minimalize friction down there. Baths feel so good and help you get some mama time for yourself as well. Hope this helps! :heart:

Frida Mom has a whole line of products for the postpartum period including very comfortable postpartum panties.

Yeah I straight up used diapers :joy: